Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

What should I do?

My hobby, computer programming, is very time consuming. I want to turn this into a job one day. But it's becoming extremely time consuming as I enter the more advanced topics. (I mean not even getting through a couple pages without starting my homework). I really love my hobby, and I'd kill for more time. But I'm getting C(English),C+(PE),A(IT),B(SC). I need to bump these grades up, and I'm afraid the only way I can do it is to drop my hobby completely. So I'm curious, those of you with more life experience, did you ever encounter this, and what did you do? Taking time away from one and giving it to the other isn't an option.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    I have not expirianced this, but here's my opinion.

Grades are not allways important. As long as you have c+, you should be fine. You may not be able to get in a great college, but if this talent of yours is as promising and it is pramoted to be, then i would continue the hobby. The only flaw i see here is that if you cant get into a good college, you might not be able to use yours computer skills.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Should I continue studying my hobby, or work harder at school.? - Yahoo! Answers
    I'm seriously thinking about dropping it. I mean, I have my whole life to learn this, I only have my high-school years to set my life on track.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 01-14-2009 at 07:54 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    ya listen to lizzy, she said what i said :{)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by **********16 View Post
    I have not expirianced this, but here's my opinion.

Grades are not allways important. As long as you have c+, you should be fine. You may not be able to get in a great college, but if this talent of yours is as promising and it is pramoted to be, then i would continue the hobby. The only flaw i see here is that if you cant get into a good college, you might not be able to use yours computer skills.
    The most fail suggestion ever. NEVER see grades as "not important". C+ is average. Do you want to be average for the rest of your life? Both your hobby and school intertwine, because you CAN go to college for what you're learning now. You honestly won't learn as much as you would in a college for as young as you are now, so don't drop school to learn programming. Keep it as a hobby, not your life, because that's what it seems to be now. Bump your grades up, learn programming slowly, and once you're in college, you have your whole life ahead of you to learn what you want.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seemliss View Post
    The most fail suggestion ever. NEVER see grades as "not important". C+ is average. Do you want to be average for the rest of your life? Both your hobby and school intertwine, because you CAN go to college for what you're learning now. You honestly won't learn as much as you would in a college for as young as you are now, so don't drop school to learn programming. Keep it as a hobby, not your life, because that's what it seems to be now. Bump your grades up, learn programming slowly, and once you're in college, you have your whole life ahead of you to learn what you want.
    Are you sure about that?

Here is just a snall list of famous and sucsesfull people who had bad grades.

Kevin Bacon
    Lucille Ball
    Drew Barrymore
    Mary J. Blige
    Gisele Bundchen
    Cher
    Eric Clapton
    Johnny Depp
    Benjamin Franklin
    Andy, Barry and Maurice Gibb
    Joaquin Phoenix
    Donna Summer
    Kiefer Sutherland
    Rob Thomas
    Uma Thurman
    John Travolta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    If there's a will there's a way. Train to use both sides of your brain so that you can do 2 things at once. How the fuck do you have a C in PE? It's like the easiest class...
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Okay, now that i think of it. I have a C in English(probably a C+ now) and a C+ in PE.
    So the only two classes I'm doing bad in is English with either a high C or a C+, and PE with an unchangeable C+(Which may go down after this beep test). I can't change my PE mark, I've already tried. Ultimately, if I dropped my hobby I might get a B in English. An A in SC and probably a B in IT. Next term I have electronics, Math, Socials, and Spanish, so about a months after this term would be a better time to decide whether I should drop my hobby or not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    its really something you should take time out to think about but heres my opinion..or more like a question

would you like to enjoy your hobby now and not be as successful as you could be? not saying that you couldnt but the odds are less likely
    or would you rather work a lil harder on grades be enjoy your hobby to the fullest extent when it becomes a career?

i would pick to enjoy the hobby now even tho i think its the wrong choice XD

Thanks
    grades grades grades, one of my friends whom i am guessing is a pretty good programmer, hes the best at my school, started getting engulphed by his hobby of programming and failed like 3 classes and stopped taking care f himself, now he gets sick all the time and misses weeks of school. theres my opinion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Theres something called time. On school days, I suggest homework first. I also think you should do both. BTW PE is easy as shit.
    Anyway, on free days, I suggest just computer things, because even if you want to get into a shitty college, you need better than C. Also, you can try become REALLY good at computers and might get into UCMerced, which is a great computer school.

THANKS TO BPK (BLACKPKERSTR) FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!
    <3 ALISHA

Respect List:
    • Dave84311
    • Arunforce
    • Diisasta
    • Plokmii [SWITCHED WITH GOURAV]
    • Jetamay
    • Iverson
    • Hyperion
    • Blackpkerstr