Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69
  1. #46
    Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,881
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Inspired
    @noob555
    Eat protein, even protein shakes if you want it easy. Then don't work out after taking it.

    If you eat protein and your body doesn't work it into muscle it will store as fat.

    inb4somebodytriessayingI'mwrong

    I had a two hour conversation with my friends dad, who works two jobs as a personal trainer and high school gym teacher.

    I would assume he's more knowledgable on the subject than any of you.

  2. #47
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Eat protein, even protein shakes if you want it easy. Then don't work out after taking it.

    If you eat protein and your body doesn't work it into muscle it will store as fat.

    inb4somebodytriessayingI'mwrong

    I had a two hour conversation with my friends dad, who works two jobs as a personal trainer and high school gym teacher.

    I would assume he's more knowledgable on the subject than any of you.
    Not to say you're wrong, but most of it will just pass through your digestive system. Your body can catabolize protein into glycogen, but it's a very inefficient process, so your body will try to steer clear of it.

  3. #48
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post




    School lunch at most is probly 500 calories or so. Not sure...

  4. #49
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,772
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    @noob555
    Eat protein, even protein shakes if you want it easy. Then don't work out after taking it.

    If you eat protein and your body doesn't work it into muscle it will store as fat.

    inb4somebodytriessayingI'mwrong

    I had a two hour conversation with my friends dad, who works two jobs as a personal trainer and high school gym teacher.

    I would assume he's more knowledgable on the subject than any of you.
    You're wrong because protein isn't even close to related to fat and your body doesn't do some mumbo jumbo magic and turns it into fat.

  5. #50
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    You're wrong because protein isn't even close to related to fat and your body doesn't do some mumbo jumbo magic and turns it into fat.
    What should I do to gain weight :/? I've already stopped working out completely for like 2 months. Tons of fast food too...

  6. #51
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    School lunch at most is probly 500 calories or so. Not sure...
    You need about 2500 calories per day. That's a fifth. That's a lot.

  7. #52
    | ∞ |'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a white van.
    Posts
    3,320
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    301
    I just saw an ad on @InCognito 's post and it was of a huge buff guy selling muscle drinks or somethin.

    OT: Become an American.

  8. #53
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,772
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    What should I do to gain weight :/? I've already stopped working out completely for like 2 months. Tons of fast food too...

    Stop trying to gain weight.

  9. #54
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    You need about 2500 calories per day. That's a fifth. That's a lot.
    2500 honestly isn't alot... THats why I think school lunch won't have much of a affect since its proportional to 2000 calories...

    ---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post



    Stop trying to gain weight.
    What ? So I just go back to everything I use to do?
    Last edited by noob555; 02-04-2012 at 10:26 PM.

  10. #55
    Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,881
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    You're wrong because protein isn't even close to related to fat and your body doesn't do some mumbo jumbo magic and turns it into fat.
    It's your word against a personal trainer who went to college studying this shit for a few years.

    Your body stores protein as fat if you don't use it.

  11. #56
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,772
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    It's your word against a personal trainer who went to college studying this shit for a few years.

    Your body stores protein as fat if you don't use it.

    No it does not. Excess protein will turn into energy, BUT it will only turn into fat if its EXCESS energy. Any energy that I'd excess is turned into fat. Your "personal trainer" is an idiot. Don't you think body builders will be fat by then?

  12. #57
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    2500 honestly isn't alot... THats why I think school lunch won't have much of a affect since its proportional to 2000 calories...

    ---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------



    What ? So I just go back to everything I use to do?
    2500 is how much someone your age should eat.

  13. #58
    Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,881
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post



    No it does not. Excess protein will turn into energy, BUT it will only turn into fat if its EXCESS energy. Any energy that I'd excess is turned into fat. Your "personal trainer" is an idiot. Don't you think body builders will be fat by then?
    1. Ingest protein.
    2. Wait for it to turn into energy.
    3. Don't use that energy.
    4. Get fat.

    It's that simple, I didn't know you had a college degree?

  14. #59
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,772
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    1. Ingest protein.
    2. Wait for it to turn into energy.
    3. Don't use that energy.
    4. Get fat.

    It's that simple, I didn't know you had a college degree?
    Dat feel when you realize very little protein is converted to glucose. Excess glucose is what makes you fat. Little pale 12 year old white kids with bowl cuts and rage quitted shouldn't question the intelligence of others.

  15. #60
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post



    No it does not. Excess protein will turn into energy, BUT it will only turn into fat if its EXCESS energy. Any energy that I'd excess is turned into fat. Your "personal trainer" is an idiot. Don't you think body builders will be fat by then?
    Wtf are you talking about. I've already had this argument with you and even cited my sources. Protein does turn into fat, but it's a very inefficient process, and it occurs very rarely. Most of the protein I consume, that won't be used towards tissue building will be shat out. Protein can get converted into fat, only after it is broken down into fundamental amino acids, which in turn are converted into glucose in the liver. Glucose is then metabolized into something called acetyl-CoA, which is chained together to form fatty acids, which get chained together to form triglycerides. A common form of fat. But this process is incredibly rare.


    ---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    1. Ingest protein.
    2. Wait for it to turn into energy.
    3. Don't use that energy.
    4. Get fat.

    It's that simple, I didn't know you had a college degree?
    <------college degree

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Tutorial] [How To]Gaining Insanely Amount of EXP and Gold
    By Eviction in forum Adventure Quest (AQ) Hacks / Cheats / Trainers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 01:18 PM
  2. [Help] How do I gain a lot of EXP with Fireteam?
    By CallMeTom in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 10:48 PM
  3. How to calculate your GP/XP gained from a match
    By snipergen5 in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 07:08 AM
  4. how do i like gain levels here?
    By Andrew89898 in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 04:52 AM
  5. How to gain a high kdr...
    By shadowxeno in forum Combat Arms Glitches
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 01:35 PM