Should I get a 2600K and a z68 board now and just be done with it? Or should I wait for z77 boards to hit the streets and wait for the 3770K to be released?
The 3770K looks to be around $300 which is roughly the same price as the 2600K. And they both pretty much have the same processing power but the 3770K uses less power and more power graphics processing power. But there is no official release date. The announcement stated it to release in March but we are in the last week of March and no solid press build up let alone official release date and street pricing. In fact the most solid proof I have is from this site.
So should I go with the already released and greatly hailed 2600K or hold off for a few more weeks, save up some more spending money and go for the more efficient Ivy Bridge CPUs and the newer z77 chipset?
Nahh I'm just going to get a 2600K and an Extreme 7. If I find it's worth investing in an IB/Z77 setup then I'll just sell off the SB/Z68. Then I'll go with a single 680, wait for a few months whilst I gather other parts and finish renovating my room then whack in a second 680 along with two extra monitors. These new cards scale amazingly well.