Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62
  1. #46
    derkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Don't worry about it
    Posts
    8,292
    Reputation
    255
    Thanks
    390
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
    IMPOSSIBRU.
    FUCK THIS SHIT.

    Edit:
    @derkman
    If it could be 3 numbers out of 4 correct, then wouldn't it be 75%?
    And if 75% was on there, then there would be 4 numbers possibly correct.
    Which would mean it would be 100%, which isn't on there.
    This question is invalid.
    Actually you are right. Since B is technically a "correct" answer that does make it a 75% chance. Answer=no solution.


  2. #47
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    3 doors is similar in the sense that it's probability, not much more to it than that. Read v



    That is wholly irrelevant.

    If the question were

    A) 100%
    B) 25%
    C) 33%
    D) 50%

    the correct answer would be B. Why? 25% of getting B. The reason why this doesn't work with the given question is that there isn't a 25% chance of answering 25% (it's 50%, given that both A and D are 25%), there isn't a 50% chance of answering B (it's only 25%) and there isn't a 33% chance of answering C (again, only 25%). Simple as that
    So then I was right:

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    The chance is 1/4th if the percentages are arbitrary.
    You asked for the chance, not the letter.



  3. #48
    DareoTheOreo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,791
    Reputation
    92
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Confused
    Obviously the answer is troll.
    I've made way to many mistakes... >.<

    If you wish to come in contact with me, please @ mention me, or vm/pm me, or you can email dareon454@yahoo.com
    Dareo's Inject (made by me and Shunnai) : Dareo's Inject
    Dareo's Inject CA Version V1.0 (made by me and Shunnai) : Dareo's Inject CA Version V1.0

  4. #49
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,928
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,220
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    You asked for the chance, not the letter.
    READ MATT, READ.

    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

    I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

    Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.


  5. #50
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    READ MATT, READ.

    You said the other answer was incorrect too. So much for a common sense test.




  6. #51
    Pandemic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,595
    Reputation
    143
    Thanks
    275
    My Mood
    Angelic
    There are 4 options, which would indicate 25% is the solution. However, since 25% is on there twice, the chance of choosing the correct solution of 25% is therefore 50%; however, since 50% is now the correct solution and is only on there once, it goes back to 25%. It is an infinite loop of those two solutions.
    Last edited by Pandemic; 03-29-2012 at 07:57 PM.

  7. #52
    Wretched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☣ ☠ Ⅵ Ⅵ Ⅵ
    Posts
    3,034
    Reputation
    4
    Thanks
    179
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    There are 4 options, which would indicate 25% is the solution. However, since 25% is on there twice, the chance of choosing the correct solution of 25% is therefore 50%; however, since 50% is now the correct solution and is only on there once, it goes back to 25%. It is an infinite loop of those two solutions.
    This question is invalid.
     

  8. #53
    Pandemic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,595
    Reputation
    143
    Thanks
    275
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post


    This question is invalid.
    you mean "answer"?

  9. #54
    The power of the imagination makes us infinite.
    MPGH Member
    imeeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your girlfriend's house
    Posts
    1,077
    Reputation
    -71
    Thanks
    42
    I posted this on facebook, where I'm friends with my math teacher's daughter. even my math teacher couldn't figure it out. ^_^
    Best place to get FREE TWITTER FOLLOWERS! https://spreadytweets.com/?ref=5904

  10. #55
    Wretched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☣ ☠ Ⅵ Ⅵ Ⅵ
    Posts
    3,034
    Reputation
    4
    Thanks
    179
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post


    you mean "answer"?
    The question also, since there is no correct answer.
     

  11. #56
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,928
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,220
    My Mood
    Fine
    tl;dr for those that didn't read my previous posts. None of the answers are correct, as, I'll try to put it as simply as possible:
    - there's a 25% chance of choosing 50%
    - there's a 25% chance of choosing 33%
    - there's a 50% chance of choosing 25%

    It is indeed, as some of you figured out, a trick question.
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

    I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

    Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.


  12. #57
    Pandemic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,595
    Reputation
    143
    Thanks
    275
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    tl;dr for those that didn't read my previous posts. None of the answers are correct, as, I'll try to put it as simply as possible:
    - there's a 25% chance of choosing 50%
    - there's a 25% chance of choosing 33%
    - there's a 50% chance of choosing 25%

    It is indeed, as some of you figured out, a trick question.
    i win


    ---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post


    The question also, since there is no correct answer.
    obviously

  13. #58
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,514
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    its impossibru!
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  14. #59
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    3 doors is similar in the sense that it's probability, not much more to it than that. Read v



    That is wholly irrelevant.

    If the question were

    A) 100%
    B) 25%
    C) 33%
    D) 50%

    the correct answer would be B. Why? 25% of getting B. The reason why this doesn't work with the given question is that there isn't a 25% chance of answering 25% (it's 50%, given that both A and D are 25%), there isn't a 50% chance of answering B (it's only 25%) and there isn't a 33% chance of answering C (again, only 25%). Simple as that
    If I was awake when you posted this I would've seemed smarter than everyone with my answer

  15. #60
    The power of the imagination makes us infinite.
    MPGH Member
    imeeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your girlfriend's house
    Posts
    1,077
    Reputation
    -71
    Thanks
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    tl;dr for those that didn't read my previous posts. None of the answers are correct, as, I'll try to put it as simply as possible:
    - there's a 25% chance of choosing 50%
    - there's a 25% chance of choosing 33%
    - there's a 50% chance of choosing 25%

    It is indeed, as some of you figured out, a trick question.
    I knew that the whole time, heh....
    Best place to get FREE TWITTER FOLLOWERS! https://spreadytweets.com/?ref=5904

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. When will you guys publish another hack?
    By F4TALFURY in forum WarRock Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:52 PM
  2. You guy will NEVER win what i just won :D
    By SXE BOI in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 08:05 PM
  3. what you guys think about this!
    By ' [H]eaDs in forum Showroom
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
  4. What do you guys think about new supressor sounds?
    By IrepPa in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 01:45 PM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 08:14 AM