Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted

    Diablo 3 Open Beta

    Just finished it. I have to say I'm very impressed with it. Although I wish they added a few more side quests but I'm really satisfied with what was on offer. Probably going to replay it with a buddy tomorrow before the beta ends.

    Anyone else play it or get access to the closed beta?

  2. #2
    bowlcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ثلاثة أقدام إلى
    Posts
    6,255
    Reputation
    1644
    Thanks
    2,082
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Diablo was never about side quests.

    Also, it was alright. They need to fix them magic guys badly though. The damage scales with the weapon they use? BULLSHIT.

  3. #3
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Monkey View Post
    Diablo was never about side quests.

    Also, it was alright. They need to fix them magic guys badly though. The damage scales with the weapon they use? BULLSHIT.
    Well not so much side quest, more so bonus/intermission quests. I haven't tried out Witch Doctor or the Wizard yet. Only played Monk so far.

  4. #4
    bowlcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ثلاثة أقدام إلى
    Posts
    6,255
    Reputation
    1644
    Thanks
    2,082
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Well not so much side quest, more so bonus/intermission quests. I haven't tried out Witch Doctor or the Wizard yet. Only played Monk so far.
    Still, D1/D2 didn't even have those. The Diablo series is very linear (quest-wise).
    Also, Barbarian es numero uno.

  5. #5
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Monkey View Post
    Still, D1/D2 didn't even have those. The Diablo series is very linear (quest-wise).
    Also, Barbarian es numero uno.
    I know D1 and D2 didn't have it, but Blizzard is now all about that bonus content nowadays.

    I wish the character models were more detailed though. Looks ugly during the Hero selection screen.

  6. #6
    bowlcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ثلاثة أقدام إلى
    Posts
    6,255
    Reputation
    1644
    Thanks
    2,082
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    I know D1 and D2 didn't have it, but Blizzard is now all about that bonus content nowadays.

    I wish the character models were more detailed though. Looks ugly during the Hero selection screen.
    Agreed.
    Hopefully it'll be much better by the time it's released (which I'm sure it will, but you never really know).

  7. #7
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,982
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    I know D1 and D2 didn't have it, but Blizzard is now all about that bonus content nowadays.

    I wish the character models were more detailed though. Looks ugly during the Hero selection screen.
    its still wasnt meant to be like skyrim and wow.
    Still love you Giggletron


  8. #8
    SanderSwift11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    United States - New York
    Posts
    226
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    50
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I haven't Try D3, But I wish to try it, but i think my Pc wont hold that new game. But although I'm impressed of that game, never played Three but I think it's Pretty good!

  9. #9
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    I know D1 and D2 didn't have it, but Blizzard is now all about that bonus content nowadays.

    I wish the character models were more detailed though. Looks ugly during the Hero selection screen.


    It's like a co-op first person shooter campaign, it's not meant to be played with side quests, it's a random dungeon plunder game.



  10. #10
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post


    It's like a co-op first person shooter campaign, it's not meant to be played with side quests, it's a random dungeon plunder game.
    Afff you guys don't understand what I mean. I'm talking about quests like "Find Leorics Crown>Bring it back to the blacksmith>THEN go kill the Skeleton King". There should be more intermission quests.

  11. #11
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Afff you guys don't understand what I mean. I'm talking about quests like "Find Leorics Crown>Bring it back to the blacksmith>THEN go kill the Skeleton King". There should be more intermission quests.
    That was part of the main questline? Besides, it's the demo, the actual game will have shit tons more loot and customization. Which is the reason people play Diablo and Diablo-like games (Borderlands comes to mind).



  12. #12
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    That was part of the main questline? Besides, it's the demo, the actual game will have shit tons more loot and customization. Which is the reason people play Diablo and Diablo-like games (Borderlands comes to mind).
    Its just like a quarter of the first act. I was dissapointed that you couldn't change the difficulty in the demo/beta.

  13. #13
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Its just like a quarter of the first act. I was dissapointed that you couldn't change the difficulty in the demo/beta.
    Blizzard has been EXTREMELY secretive about D3. The only thing we were given was small amounts of information about the classes before the beta, and limited choice during it. I think they're planning something huge

  14. #14
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Blizzard has been EXTREMELY secretive about D3. The only thing we were given was small amounts of information about the classes before the beta, and limited choice during it. I think they're planning something huge
    Well they're certainly not putting on the kind of show that they did during the SC2 beta.

  15. #15
    porygonzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Island (Seattle)
    Posts
    974
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    32
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Well I finished it yesterday and I thought it was pretty good too.
    Can't wait for the full game, will definitely get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Screenshot & Open Beta For All
    By ZFused in forum Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 03:17 PM
  2. Open Beta?
    By Gourav2122 in forum Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 11:32 PM
  3. A.V.A NOW OPEN BETA!!
    By HeadShot911 in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 12:01 AM
  4. Closed Beta is Gone! Open beta is Coming!
    By pkerkid in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
  5. [ i-Maple ] - Open Beta Server Online
    By SeulFear in forum MapleStory Hacks, Cheats & Trainers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 11:28 AM