Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Although that ending was pretty cool, you're living in the past man. Warcraft sucks compared to WoW, there's a reason so many more people PAY MONTHLY to play wow than people who bought WC3 (a one time purchase). Don't get me wrong, it took more strategy to play an RTS like WC3, but not more skill. WoW is all about reaction time, in a REAL PvP scenario (a.k.a not low MMR bullshit) half a second can be the difference between a victory and a loss. No amount of of "cookie cutter builds" (which honestly anybody who needs to search online for their build is kind of dumb anyways, unless it's just to double check) or "gear whoring" will make you overcome a bad mistake in a high MMR match.
    Warcraft is better than WoW, don't kid yourself, fanboy.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Warcraft is better than WoW, don't kid yourself, fanboy.
    That's a pretty ironic statement, isn't the only reason you're defending WC3 nostalgia and the fact that YOU'RE a fanboy of that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    That's a pretty ironic statement, isn't the only reason you're defending WC3 nostalgia and the fact that YOU'RE a fanboy of that?
    Played both, gave both an equal chance, got into the endgame WoW PvE scene in both WotLK and Cata. I enjoyed both, but saying WoW is better than Warcraft? Give it a rest, they're not the same genre, and Warcraft has a lot more to revisit. There's no progression to bog anyone down and it's dependent on skill and strategy to win.

So I still have no idea where you get off saying "Except WoW is 10x cooler than Warcraft used to be" and then call me out on nostalgia when I refer to how good WC3 was in it's prime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    We aren't defending the past, or any sense of nostalgia. We simply want Blizzard to strip away from Activision greed, and make WC4 which is what it should have done after WoW, or at the very least Cataclysm. Now their is no sense of lore, no sense of discovery, no sense of consolidation. Keeping away from which game requires more skill, WoW has lost everything that one comes to expect from a Blizzard game, solid gameplay with masterful storytelling and a sense of a true journey and adventure along with meaningful closure.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Played both, gave both an equal chance, got into the endgame WoW PvE scene in both WotLK and Cata. I enjoyed both, but saying WoW is better than Warcraft? Give it a rest, they're not the same genre, and Warcraft has a lot more to revisit. There's no progression to bog anyone down and it's dependent on skill and strategy to win.

So I still have no idea where you get off saying "Except WoW is 10x cooler than Warcraft used to be" and then call me out on nostalgia when I refer to how good WC3 was in it's prime.
    Well, if it comforts your jimmies at all (or raises your opinion on Blizzard, not that I care) there's a LOT of rumors of a WC4 going around and Blizzard has even made some in-direct statements supporting these rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

We aren't defending the past, or any sense of nostalgia. We simply want Blizzard to strip away from Activision greed, and make WC4 which is what it should have done after WoW, or at the very least Cataclysm. Now their is no sense of lore, no sense of discovery, no sense of consolidation. Keeping away from which game requires more skill, WoW has lost everything that one comes to expect from a Blizzard game, solid gameplay with masterful storytelling and a sense of a true journey and adventure along with meaningful closure.
    Didn't see your post, so I wrote everything up there before I saw it. But I find that to be very VERY wrong, I think WoW's story telling has gotten BETTER over the years. More boss dialogue, better cut scenes, quest zones that can actually CHANGE depending on where each individual person is. If anything the story has gotten better. The gameplay can be debated but I happen to personally love it, and as I said above there's a high chance that WC4 is coming out.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 05-06-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Well, if it comforts your jimmies at all (or raises your opinion on Blizzard, not that I care) there's a LOT of rumors of a WC4 going around and Blizzard has even made some in-direct statements supporting these rumors.

Didn't see your post, so I wrote everything up there before I saw it. But I find that to very VERY wrong, I think WoW's story telling has gotten BETTER over the years. More boss dialogue, better cut scenes, quest zones that can actually CHANGE depending on where each individual person is. If anything the story has gotten better. The gameplay can be debated but I happen to personally love it, and as I said above there's a high chance that WC4 is coming out.
    Mind linking to credible sources. The only title going around the rumour mill is Titan, which is another MMO. Also you cannot say that ANY MMO with a persistent world has good story telling. And cut-scenes do not constitute for good stories.
    Last edited by Doc; 05-06-2012 at 02:00 AM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Titan's been going around for years. And the WC4 rumors + statements from Blizzard to "back it up" is from a weekly webcast I watch called Legendary.

https://www.********ker.tv/video-game...warcraft-show/

The shows are quite long and I remember them talking about this like 3-4 months ago so I don't remember which episode exactly, but that's where I saw it.

Edit: I think the story telling in WoW is fine. The persistent world has nothing to do with it, if you want to get into the story you can, it's very easy. I'm not saying it's better than other games like a singe player RPG like Skyrim or something, that would be unfair to compare. But I think it tells just as good if not a better story than WC3.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 05-06-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    If I wanted to play strategy in this day and age, I'd pick up SC2, but I haven't even done that, so I'm content with Diablo 3.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If I wanted to play strategy in this day and age, I'd pick up SC2, but I haven't even done that, so I'm content with Diablo 3.
    I get Diablo 3 free as part of my WoW annual pass, so I'm quite excited for it's release too. And hey, I guess paying for that dumb monthly subscription has some benefits huh? xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Titan's been going around for years. And the WC4 rumors + statements from Blizzard to "back it up" is from a weekly webcast I watch called Legendary.

https://www.********ker.tv/video-game...warcraft-show/

The shows are quite long and I remember them talking about this like 3-4 months ago so I don't remember which episode exactly, but that's where I saw it.

Edit: I think the story telling in WoW is fine. The persistent world has nothing to do with it, if you want to get into the story you can, it's very easy. I'm not saying it's better than other games like a singe player RPG like Skyrim or something, that would be unfair to compare. But I think it tells just as good if not a better story than WC3.
    Nothing breaks immersion better than watching thousands of other people doing the same quest at the same time.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Nothing breaks immersion better than watching thousands of other people doing the same quest at the same time.
    That's the thing, have you done the Molten Front quest lines? Through the use of phasing it's very rare that even on high population servers that someone will be doing the same thing as you, usually you're on your own. And they're just going to make more, and much better use of this in MoP.

And besides, if that's your critique then it's not on WoW it's on MMORPGs in general. (And WoW is doing the best job of dealing with this, as stated above with phasing.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    That's the thing, have you done the Molten Front quest lines? Through the use of phasing it's very rare that even on high population servers that someone will be doing the same thing as you, usually you're on your own. And they're just going to make more, and much better use of this in MoP.

And besides, if that's your critique then it's not on WoW it's on MMORPGs in general. (And WoW is doing the best job of dealing with this, as stated above with phasing.)
    Well, yeah my problem was never against WoW itself, it was against developers changing acclaimed series, and opting in favor of the MMO cash cow model. The problem with Blizzard was that they opted to use WoW as a continuation in the series, when it should've been a prequel of sorts. I'm glad that Zenimax isn't touching the main continuity, but I still have a bad feeling that they'll play around with the lore too much and taint the TES with bland game mechanics.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Well, yeah my problem was never against WoW itself, it was against developers changing acclaimed series, and opting in favor of the MMO cash cow model. The problem with Blizzard was that they opted to use WoW as a continuation in the series, when it should've been a prequel of sorts. I'm glad that Zenimax isn't touching the main continuity, but I still have a bad feeling that they'll play around with the lore too much and taint the TES with bland game mechanics.
    Ah, I see where you're coming from. That does sound kind of lame from your perspective but hey, money makes the world go 'round. I still think the story in WoW is pretty cool but, I can see how an old Warcraft fan mind find the way Blizzard went about doing it pretty lame.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scotbud123 For This Useful Post:

Doc (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    do so fucking want.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234