Thread: Guns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    4951′S 12834′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaboom View Post
    only certain fully automatic firearms, and pistols are legal (i think) dont think u can own an ak-47 like my friend's family ownes an Uzi but his father served in the military (or so I heard).
    You know absolutely nothing about American gun laws do you.

  2. #17
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,515
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    You know absolutely nothing about American gun laws do you.
    I know very little, i just read this: Massachusetts Gun Licensing Requirements and Wikipedia
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  3. #18
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    Fuck guns.
    Knives all the way bitches.

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves youeven, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.


  4. #19
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,515
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post
    Fuck guns.
    Knives all the way bitches.
    guns can have bayonets

    or chainsaws
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  5. #20
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    Are you retarded? SMGs and any other sort of fully automatic firearm has been illegal in the states since '86.
    Are you retarded? There is no federal law that bans fully automatic weapons, laws vary on the state.
    The gun has to be made and registered before 86 and you must pay for a sticker every 90-180 days.

  6. #21
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    4951′S 12834′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

    Are you retarded? There is no federal law that bans fully automatic weapons, laws vary on the state.
    The gun has to be made and registered before 86 and you must pay for a sticker every 90-180 days.
    The hell are you talking about? FOPA, or Firearm Owners' Protection act is a federal law enacted in 1986 as a revision to the Gun Control Act of 1968. One of its requisites being the ban on the possession or transfer rights of fully automatic weapons for civilians. Military and law enforcement not applicable. You are correct that any fully automatic weapon prior to the ban is legal with proper registration and the $200 tax stamp.

  7. #22
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    The hell are you talking about? FOPA, or Firearm Owners' Protection act is a federal law enacted in 1986 as a revision to the Gun Control Act of 1968. One of its requisites being the ban on the possession or transfer rights of fully automatic weapons for civilians. Military and law enforcement not applicable. You are correct that any fully automatic weapon prior to the ban is legal with proper registration and the $200 tax stamp.
    The law is for any full automatic made after 1986 is not allowed to any civilians. It's not totally illegal to own one.

  8. #23
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    4951′S 12834′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

    The law is for any full automatic made after 1986 is not allowed to any civilians. It's not totally illegal to own one.
    But it's virtually impossible to own one. You have to go through a shitload of paper work, pay for $200 tax stamp, and then shell over AT LEAST 10k. No thank you.

  9. #24
    Disturbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,427
    Reputation
    1065
    Thanks
    2,563
    Rifles and shotguns are for recreation, and are hard to hide.

    Handguns are made to kill. That is their biggest purpose. They are also incredibly easy to hide from view.


    ---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

    Also, most gun laws vary by state. Here in FL, you can buy basic rifles/shotguns/handguns if you're the proper age without any permits. Buying a handgun takes an extra background check and 3 day waiting period.


    However, it is very strict about carrying them. Rifles and shotguns can not be carried except in transport. A handgun may not be carried without a concealed weapons license.


  10. #25
    Ze Polvinho 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Rifles and shotguns are for recreation, and are hard to hide.

    Handguns are made to kill. That is their biggest purpose. They are also incredibly easy to hide from view.


    ---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

    Also, most gun laws vary by state. Here in FL, you can buy basic rifles/shotguns/handguns if you're the proper age without any permits. Buying a handgun takes an extra background check and 3 day waiting period.


    However, it is very strict about carrying them. Rifles and shotguns can not be carried except in transport. A handgun may not be carried without a concealed weapons license.
    .48 is better than this one.

  11. #26
    Disturbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,427
    Reputation
    1065
    Thanks
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaboom View Post
    im pretty sure u need a license to purchase, possess, and carry a gun
    It varies by state, immensely.


    Try getting a gun in Cali, then try getting one in Georgia. The difference is insane.


  12. #27
    BoxHead1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,137
    Reputation
    98
    Thanks
    403
    My Mood
    Amused
    When im 18 im getting a shotgun, then at 21 ill get a Handgun to carry around with me everywhere.

  13. #28
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,515
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post


    It varies by state, immensely.


    Try getting a gun in Cali, then try getting one in Georgia. The difference is insane.
    well, i live in Mass
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  14. #29

  15. #30
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,982
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaboom View Post
    So you have to be 21 to own a handgun, yet 18 to own a low-capacity rifle or shotgun? and you must pay $100 (for 6 years) and must take a gun safety class.

    Am I right?
    its different for each state
    Still love you Giggletron


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Innovative gun, not too practical though
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 05:06 PM
  2. any one own any real guns?
    By darkone1149 in forum General
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 08:21 PM
  3. How big is your gun? o.-
    By SadisticGrin in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 10:58 PM
  4. Machine Gun vs Katana
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 09:36 AM
  5. No Gun On There Wall
    By SimpleAs in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 10:03 AM