Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

After a year and a half

I'm about to get back into the car audio game.

Used to run 1 Fi BL 12" @ 1200 watts RMS, sold the sub back in January 2011.

About to get 2 Fosgate P3's and run them at 1200 watts RMS as well. They should be louder than the 1 twelve since they're pushing more air, we'll see how it goes though.

Expect some videos in a month or two.

Thanks
    I didnt understand a crap of what you just said. But it sounds cool so can't wait to see the video.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimuri View Post
    I didnt understand a crap of what you just said. But it sounds cool so can't wait to see the video.
    what he said

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Used to have the loudest car audio system in my town, about to get something louder.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360:6039536

Used to have the loudest car audio system in my town, about to get something louder.

Thats just awesome. Perhaps you could play a song on request
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    How much do those cost around? Once I get a car I'm going to trick it out with sound systems and I want to know how much good ones run for.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    could you turn that down please....

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    fuck ya bring on the bass bro

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post
    How much do those cost around? Once I get a car I'm going to trick it out with sound systems and I want to know how much good ones run for.
    Too many variables to explain how much it'll cost.

-You need to know whether or you want to keep the stock head unit. If you want to keep it you need to get a line output converter, if you want a new aftermarket head unit then you need to also buy a wiring harness for it.

-You want to figure out how many watts rms you want to run at, then figure out if your alt puts out enough amperage to support your system (watts/volts=system amperage which should be at least 20 amps less then the max output of your alternator)

-You have the choice between running a multi or single subwoofer set up, you have to keep in mind that the more watts RMS per sub = more money

-You have to find an amp that'll power your system, I'd recommend a class D mono amp, even fore multi sub set ups. Again keep in mind the more RMS you want out of it the more it'll cost you.

-Don't forget the box, quality boxes cost more, but sound better, you want to get the box tuned to your subwoofer resonance frequency so you get all of the free bass you can.

-Wiring, you'll need plenty wiring for the remote on, rca outputs, and power plus ground. You'll also need a good amount of wire for the speakers too, especially if you're running something like a dual sub DVC set up.

You can be looking at 1000 dollars easily if you're trying to run a 1000 watt rms system with an aftermarket head unit. And thats if you install everything yourself, add a couple hundred if you get it installed somewhere else. But always buy your components online and then bring them to a shop to install if you can't install it yourself, you'll save yourself from some insane markups at audio shops like cartoys.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Waste of money.

You're going to end up getting rid of it again.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post

Too many variables to explain how much it'll cost.

-You need to know whether or you want to keep the stock head unit. If you want to keep it you need to get a line output converter, if you want a new aftermarket head unit then you need to also buy a wiring harness for it.

-You want to figure out how many watts rms you want to run at, then figure out if your alt puts out enough amperage to support your system (watts/volts=system amperage which should be at least 20 amps less then the max output of your alternator)

-You have the choice between running a multi or single subwoofer set up, you have to keep in mind that the more watts RMS per sub = more money

-You have to find an amp that'll power your system, I'd recommend a class D mono amp, even fore multi sub set ups. Again keep in mind the more RMS you want out of it the more it'll cost you.

-Don't forget the box, quality boxes cost more, but sound better, you want to get the box tuned to your subwoofer resonance frequency so you get all of the free bass you can.

-Wiring, you'll need plenty wiring for the remote on, rca outputs, and power plus ground. You'll also need a good amount of wire for the speakers too, especially if you're running something like a dual sub DVC set up.

You can be looking at 1000 dollars easily if you're trying to run a 1000 watt rms system with an aftermarket head unit. And thats if you install everything yourself, add a couple hundred if you get it installed somewhere else. But always buy your components online and then bring them to a shop to install if you can't install it yourself, you'll save yourself from some insane markups at audio shops like cartoys.
    Thanks man. I was figuring around 1500, so I guess I wasn't too far off. So much shit to figure out though. I probably won't be going as all out as you though

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Waste of money.

You're going to end up getting rid of it again.
    Some would consider it a hobby, not a waste of money.

Thanks
    Ugh... such a waste. What's the point?

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    Shit is so cheap these days, you buy anything and it'll sound good. Amps used to cost about $1 per watt.

^Thanks to RJ^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I think the car itself is far more iteresting then your sound system.. It's a very nice VOLKSWAGEN..
    “Those who control the past, control the future: who controls the present controls the past” ~ George Orwell

Its me, Dreamgun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast