Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 145
  1. #46
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post

    You are basically alone in science right now, superstring theory, open strings, and M-theory strive to prove you wrong.
    The english definition says otherwise,
    1. All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.

    Therefore, you can't have a universe in another universe because it's already apart of a universe because the universe is everything.

  2. #47
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,777
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post


    The english definition says otherwise,
    1. All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.

    Therefore, you can't have a universe in another universe because it's already apart of a universe because the universe is everything.
    Ya dictionary > science.

  3. #48
    Commander X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anonymous
    Posts
    723
    Reputation
    83
    Thanks
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post


    The english definition says otherwise,
    1. All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.

    Therefore, you can't have a universe in another universe because it's already apart of a universe because the universe is everything.

    That article is two years old and isn't really supported among the science community. M-theory states that universes exist in membranes a totally different thing.


    "Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

  4. #49
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    Ya dictionary > science.
    you don't get it, The word universe means everything in space. How can we have two universes if the universe is everything ._.


    ---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post

    That article is two years old and isn't really supported among the science community. M-theory states that universes exist in membranes a totally different thing.
    What article? You're saying that it is possible for there to be more than one universe, it's impossible because the universe is everything.

  5. #50
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    To think, we're made of the stuff that is out there... And our lives are but a picosecond in the greater scope.
    No, our lives are on the order of years. Just because the scale is gigantic doesn't mean you get to be inaccurate.

  6. #51
    Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    uʍop-ǝpısdn ǝɥʇ
    Posts
    32,792
    Reputation
    4300
    Thanks
    18,910
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    To us, but time is relative. What seems like decades to us, could be seconds somewhere else, in some other form. Flies (if they were self-aware) would probably think their lifetimes were also a long time. Merely an observation anyway, figure of speech if you will. We don't even know if our measures of time & space apply out there. Not for certain anyway.
    Last edited by Liz; 06-05-2012 at 07:58 PM.


    Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

    If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
     
    Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

  7. #52
    Commander X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anonymous
    Posts
    723
    Reputation
    83
    Thanks
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    What article? You're saying that it is possible for there to be more than one universe, it's impossible because the universe is everything.

    I'm not even going to debate with you because you are basing your argument on a definition from a dictionary.


    "Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

  8. #53
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post

    I'm not even going to debate with you because you are basing your argument on a definition from a dictionary.
    You're just being ignorant, The word means everything.
    You can't have two universes if everything is already in one...

  9. #54
    Commander X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anonymous
    Posts
    723
    Reputation
    83
    Thanks
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post


    You're just being ignorant, The word means everything.
    You can't have two universes if everything is already in one...
    You clearly don't know anything about theoretical science.


    "Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

  10. #55
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

    Impossible, The universe is everything. You can't have two universes.
    different dimensions derp.
    Canadian calls people out on being ignorant while he himself is ignorant.
    Commander x lists a ton of theories yet has no way to argue Canadian's ignorance.
    lol.
    Last edited by noob555; 06-05-2012 at 08:15 PM.

  11. #56
    Domo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,359
    Reputation
    -4
    Thanks
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    You clearly don't know anything about theoretical science.
    The definition of universe means everything "All existing matter and space considered as a whole" As defined by google translate, so your wrong. It means everything, @Canadian is correct, unless the definition of universe is wrong.

  12. #57
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    To us, but time is relative. What seems like decades to us, could be seconds somewhere else, in some other form. Flies (if they were self-aware) would probably think their lifetimes were also a long time. Merely an observation anyway, figure of speech if you will. We don't even know if our measures of time & space apply out there. Not for certain anyway.
    Thinking of ourselves as irrelevant in a greater scope isn't exactly true because every action we make causes thousands of other things to happen. In a decade we can master sciences which can cause much larger events to happen. The same way flies are part of the food chain which ultimately helps keep us alive. Nothing we do is small, everything we do can cause a ton of changes to happen. A single click of multiple buttons(nukes) can destroy what nature took millions of years to form. imo I think everyone is connected, every action we make contributes to much greater developments. These developments can affect this greater scope in much greater ways then we can imagine. /
    Last edited by noob555; 06-05-2012 at 08:23 PM.

  13. #58
    Commander X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anonymous
    Posts
    723
    Reputation
    83
    Thanks
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post


    The definition of universe means everything "All existing matter and space considered as a whole" As defined by google translate, so your wrong. It means everything, @Canadian is correct, unless the definition of universe is wrong.
    I swear I will publish a paper on the Ignorance of the MPGH Canadians...


    "Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

  14. #59
    Domo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,359
    Reputation
    -4
    Thanks
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    I swear I will publish a paper on the Ignorance of the MPGH Canadians...
    You don't have any evidence that backs your point, also it clearly states the definition of universe. How can there be something outside of something if it's already categorized under one BIG category as the universe.

  15. #60
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    I swear I will publish a paper on the Ignorance of the MPGH Canadians...
    OH SRRY FER NAWT BELIEVING IN BULLSHIT THEORIES THAT PEOPLE MAKE UP ON THERE SPARE TIME, you're clearly ignorant, that string theory is probably as realistic as White holes, it's complete bullshit.
    Don't get your panties in a bunch because you lost an argument, Universe = everything.
    Therefore there can't be two, /end.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What the fuck is the correct GPA scale?
    By Hyperion in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 10:12 PM
  3. WHY THE FUCK IS THE WORD K0WNAGE BANNED!
    By XqwertyX in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
  4. Can someone post a list of the adresses of the HP and AP
    By radnomguywfq3 in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:52 PM
  5. The best of the world !
    By k0nr4d3k13 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 11:38 PM