Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You want go die

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I'm just considering going in the Army trying it out, Seems like you become respected a whole lot more being a Soldier, What do you guys think?
    I joined the army spent 2 years in. really no one gives a fuck once you get out.

ohh and Edit:
    If you're joining just for "respect" that's pathetic. You wont last if that is why you're joining. you need to want to be there and want to fight for your land and give your life to it to survive half the shit you get put through. If you want respect then find another way to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    Yeah, like someone else said: You can't just "try it out"

Not sure how it works in Britain, but here in America..

You'll be locked into a 6(?) year commitment where they can and will deploy you to war whenever the hell they want. If you don't abide by your commitment it is a federal crime and you will go to prison for a very long time.

It won't fuck his mind up. Grow the hell up, this isn't Vietnam, WW2, or Korea.

He'll get plenty of respect. People will thank him everywhere he goes, and he'll eat for free at more restaurants than he can count. Just because you're a prick who hates people who make freedom possible, doesn't mean everyone else does.

It's a noble thing to want to defend your country, but you have to want to do it for the right reasons.
    It does "fuck" with your mind even after basic you're not the same person.
    now it's not that bad of a mind fuck where you'll be a danger to society but after 2 years of service you're not the same person as you were when you first went in.
    Last edited by aonix; 06-06-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    Yeah, like someone else said: You can't just "try it out"

Not sure how it works in Britain, but here in America..

You'll be locked into a 6(?) year commitment where they can and will deploy you to war whenever the hell they want. If you don't abide by your commitment it is a federal crime and you will go to prison for a very long time.

It won't fuck his mind up. Grow the hell up, this isn't Vietnam, WW2, or Korea.

He'll get plenty of respect. People will thank him everywhere he goes, and he'll eat for free at more restaurants than he can count. Just because you're a prick who hates people who make freedom possible, doesn't mean everyone else does.

It's a noble thing to want to defend your country, but you have to want to do it for the right reasons.
    I think your the ignorant one here. I can almost guarantee his mind, the way he thinks, and his opinions of people will change after being in the army. It happens to police officers, it'll happen to soldiers in the army. Also I don't know where your getting this information from. Getting free food from restaurants and people will thank you where ever you go? I've never seen anyone get free food from restaurants because they are a soldier. You honestly think they give a fuck, no all they want is money. Second of all, being a soldier does get you more respect, but unless you lose a body part don't expect standing ovations and respect out of peoples asses.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmaniac View Post
    I think your the ignorant one here. I can almost guarantee his mind, the way he thinks, and his opinions of people will change after being in the army. It happens to police officers, it'll happen to soldiers in the army. Also I don't know where your getting this information from. Getting free food from restaurants and people will thank you where ever you go? I've never seen anyone get free food from restaurants because they are a soldier. You honestly think they give a fuck, no all they want is money. Second of all, being a soldier does get you more respect, but unless you lose a body part don't expect standing ovations and respect out of peoples asses.
    You get free food Remembrance day

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    i wouldnt , you can be respected without being in the army and as @Dave84311 said :
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    you are fighting a pointless war to make rich people richer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

This was my happy face in the army after a night there you can tell cause I didn't have my nice buzz cut yet lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    you cant join the army just to "try it out"
    I meant the 3year course Not as in try out for a few days, you train alot before you become a soldier

I'm the Hitman of MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    you gotta be committed to it.

Crossfire Minion: 28 October 2010
    Official Middleman: 20 September 2012
    Trusted Member: 15 February 2013
    Official Middleman: 11 April 2013
    Official Middleman: 10 January 2015
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Global Moderator: 25 December 2012
    Head Administrator: 21 March 2013

ARUNFORCE AND DAVE84311 GAY FOR EACH OTHER

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I meant the 3year course Not as in try out for a few days, you train alot before you become a soldier
    it's not a 3 year course. it's a 3 year contract. you do basic training which is 14 weeks. then you move on to your trades training and do that and after that you can either be deployed or be sent for more specialized training.

as the only one I've seen on here who has served and speaking from experience.
    Don't enlist unless it's a last resort and you don't have any other goals in your life for now.

Thanks
    you know you can be shipped out with in those 3 years?

My games;

x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If you join the army, you can't "try it out" like @Ghost said, if the chef thinks you are really liking the army, you will not get out of there early... Same happend to my dad... he liked so much that the chef keept him in the army until he was 35 years
    For real? Isn't that illegal? They can persuade you to stay, but you aren't legally obligated to.

OT: I think it's a good idea. It's not that bad right now. Even if they deploy you, you'll probably be stationed in some base in the US or somewhere in Europe or Asia.
    Last edited by unicorn69; 06-06-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Go down to the homeless shelter and ladle some soup. Im my opinion, you will be more respected and you wil get more out of it. Wars these days aren't even worth fighting for. Hell, most people don't even know why are fighting those wars in the first place.
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

Thanks
    You have to be committed. ARE YOU COMMITTED?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I support you but keep in mind. Although most people respect you theres those few pricks who don't give a shit.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I support you but keep in mind. Although most people respect you theres those few pricks who don't give a shit.
    no one even knows you've done service unless you tell them once you get out and even then no one really cares they just say good job
    ohh and women at wal mart call you a baby killer.. happened to me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast