Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Look for a gaming projector

I'm looking for a gaming projector for about 500$ or lower. I looked at Optoma but all of the User reviews were meh, and mitsubishi's cheapest decent one is 800. Anyone have any suggestions? I want it to at least have a 70" display before stressing the bulb/LEDs/DLP.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Gaming projector? You can get an entertainment one, not really
    Like an "Alienware New Gaming Projector". Do u even have a spot for it? Like a white board? (not blanket cause it will suck)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    dream you and alienware it just shows you know nothing about projectors its obv that dell is shit always has been

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke420 For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (06-25-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    hmm a projector.

A gaming projector. Try these.
    Best Projector with Price Under $500 For Gaming of 2012
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (06-25-2012)

Thanks
    Projector for gaming? Sure back in the 90's when kids often played less than a couple of hours on average. You don't think you'd get carried away and end up doing a gaming marathon and end up burning your bulbs? Eh, unless it's for a party, I don't see the reason why you should buy a gaming projector for single playing use.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jabuuty671 For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (06-25-2012)

Threadstarter
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    Projector for gaming? Sure back in the 90's when kids often played less than a couple of hours on average. You don't think you'd get carried away and end up doing a gaming marathon and end up burning your bulbs? Eh, unless it's for a party, I don't see the reason why you should buy a gaming projector for single playing use.
    Well I'm sick of my small computer monitors and larger monitors cost WAYYYYY too much. I was thinking of a TV but they still are up there in price. So then I thought "hmm, a projector can give me a larger sized screen and can throw me right into the game", and here I am. I can afford replacing bulbs, but I want at least 10,000 hours of play time first. And yeah I know what you mean, I keep my computer on non-stop, but I do plan on getting more than one projector. I'm completely remodeling my room to be a futuristic entertainment setup, we're adding two extra closets caddy-cornered to one of the walls, and I'm going to do a double projector display and one projector for my TV. I plan on switching back and forth between projectors to keep the wear and tear down to a minimum though.

@iDream4fun Everything Alienware is complete and utter shit. Everything. The computers suck. The name sucks. The deals they have suck. It's absolutely shit man. Their projectors are terrible too I've seen one actually catch fire at my buds house from overheating.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

I'm going to do some hardcore research into everything about projectors so I can get specific about what I'm looking for too. I've stared at reviews all might and damnit I'm shot from it. I may switch that 500 up to 800 if I really need to, but I also need to pay for a lot of parts for my gaming desktop I'm building (plexiglass top with Buily in keyboard map and LED's, control box for all external shit for organized feel, and I'm building my computer inside the table with a new liquid cooling system, shits expensive).

Threadstarter
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    EDIT: so I have done some more research and I'm aiming more towards LCoS projectors, but I can't seem to find any 1000$ or lower.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Shit thought my post would merge I can't edit from my iPod.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Well I'm sick of my small computer monitors and larger monitors cost WAYYYYY too much. I was thinking of a TV but they still are up there in price. So then I thought "hmm, a projector can give me a larger sized screen and can throw me right into the game", and here I am. I can afford replacing bulbs, but I want at least 10,000 hours of play time first. And yeah I know what you mean, I keep my computer on non-stop, but I do plan on getting more than one projector. I'm completely remodeling my room to be a futuristic entertainment setup, we're adding two extra closets caddy-cornered to one of the walls, and I'm going to do a double projector display and one projector for my TV. I plan on switching back and forth between projectors to keep the wear and tear down to a minimum though.
    wat? you can get huge cheap tvs from either pawn shops or discount electronic stores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Threadstarter
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scata View Post

wat? you can get huge cheap tvs from either pawn shops or discount electronic stores.
    Problem is I need to find a pawn shop around here that is legitimate the ones I know of that are close are in PA and most of the shit brought to them is stolen from Jersey. The ony electronics place with decent prices by me is Best Buy and even then the prices are 1500 for a 60" / though if you know of any specific stores I'd probably be willing to go for a bit of a drive for the price (tv's I'm looking at 700 it cheaper).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Problem is I need to find a pawn shop around here that is legitimate the ones I know of that are close are in PA and most of the shit brought to them is stolen from Jersey.
    Who really cares, keep your receipt from the pawn shop so if you *ever* get busted for it you can show that you bought it from wherever you bought it from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Threadstarter
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scata View Post

Who really cares, keep your receipt from the pawn shop so if you *ever* get busted for it you can show that you bought it from wherever you bought it from.
    True, I'm just worried because I'm already on PTI and don't want to give the courts a reason to reevaluate my case for any reason though I may do that, I'll have to make sure I pay cash though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Playing on a big screen hurts your eyes quite a lot. Trust me, I've experienced it. You get near-sighted

Normal monitors are much better though. They don't really do anything bad for your eyes, i got 3 of them instead of a 50".

The lines in my Steam are i's

Threadstarter
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    Playing on a big screen hurts your eyes quite a lot. Trust me, I've experienced it. You get near-sighted

Normal monitors are much better though. They don't really do anything bad for your eyes, i got 3 of them instead of a 50".
    I have three as well but I want something more fluid, and CES's panoramic curves monitor is too expensive and hard to find for me to be happy I won't be too close to it, and I'll still use my regular monitors for most stuff but I want to feel like I'm in the game my old projector was nice but it was a CRT and the phosphor tubes died Those LCoS projectors are sexy but it's difficult finding one at a decent price

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

I have three as well but I want something more fluid, and CES's panoramic curves monitor is too expensive and hard to find for me to be happy I won't be too close to it, and I'll still use my regular monitors for most stuff but I want to feel like I'm in the game my old projector was nice but it was a CRT and the phosphor tubes died Those LCoS projectors are sexy but it's difficult finding one at a decent price
    Your choice

BTW: I'm not using CES curved though. I just have 3 monitors, 2 for PC and one for console.
    Last edited by Nachos; 06-25-2012 at 12:49 PM.

The lines in my Steam are i's

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke420 View Post
    dream you and alienware it just shows you know nothing about projectors its obv that dell is shit always has been

Pff Who the hell has a gaming projector?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast