Thread: OUYAAAAA.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking

    OUYAAAAA.

    OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console by OUYA — Kickstarter
    /discuss.

  2. #2
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,777
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Stupid. No innovation. Just a ploy for them to try to get rich.

  3. #3
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,230
    android os for a game console what

  4. #4
    Commander X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anonymous
    Posts
    723
    Reputation
    83
    Thanks
    2,699
    How are they going to compete with Microsoft and Sony?


    "Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

  5. #5
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    Stupid. No innovation. Just a ploy for them to try to get rich.
    "try", android is rich.


    ---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    How are they going to compete with Microsoft and Sony?
    99$, if this turns out to be good it'll be basically a wii but better.

  6. #6
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,777
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post


    "try", android is rich.
    They are doing it because they want to get rich. Theres no innovation, nothing. Its taking a free source OS and adding freeware to it, and bam pretend its a console.

  7. #7
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    They are doing it because they want to get rich. Theres no innovation, nothing. Its taking a free source OS and adding freeware to it, and bam pretend its a console.
    Yea, but if it runs any game that the xbox does it'll just be a cheaper version.
    99$ for something similar to an xbox? good deal.

  8. #8
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,777
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post


    Yea, but if it runs any game that the xbox does it'll just be a cheaper version.
    99$ for something similar to an xbox? good deal.
    Its a sham. There are no games, there are no developers. Its android games and no matter what you try to make of it, its basically hooking up your android phone to a TV.

  9. #9
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    Its a sham. There are no games, there are no developers. Its android games and no matter what you try to make of it, its basically hooking up your android phone to a TV.
    "capable of playing first person shooters".
    Since when did an android play a fps game?

  10. #10
    C4Vendetta.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The land of the free.
    Posts
    90
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    Its a sham. There are no games, there are no developers. Its android games and no matter what you try to make of it, its basically hooking up your android phone to a TV.
    No matter what you make of it it's basically a cheap as fuck console with a controller. With a bit of luck they'll get exclusive games specifically designed for this console. Yes, it's not really anything innovative but it's filling a gaping fucking hole in the market.


    “In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.”
    ― William Penn









  11. #11
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I don't even care, it's only 99$ so if it's shit then it's shit, if it's good then I guess money well spent. @InCognito may be right but I'll still be purchasing it

  12. #12
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,777
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

    "capable of playing first person shooters".
    Since when did an android play a fps game?
    Keyword, capable. The android platform is capable, but you don't see it because specs for the Android aren't that developed yet. Its using a Tegra chip and even then its no where near the capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360 and they are using OOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDD hardware.

  13. #13
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    Keyword, capable. The android platform is capable, but you don't see it because specs for the Android aren't that developed yet. Its using a Tegra chip and even then its no where near the capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360 and they are using OOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDD hardware.
    We'll just see , can't judge an entire console we haven't tried out yet.

  14. #14
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    Its a sham. There are no games, there are no developers. Its android games and no matter what you try to make of it, its basically hooking up your android phone to a TV.
    And it's most likely going to work for a bit, then crash and burn. The sad part is, it really will most likely work. They're already at the 4M donation mark, and their original goal was 950K. I'm actually excited for it, if it works it will allow independent developers to expand from phones to console games with little transition.

  15. #15
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,777
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    And it's most likely going to work for a bit, then crash and burn. The sad part is, it really will most likely work. They're already at the 4M donation mark, and their original goal was 950K. I'm actually excited for it, if it works it will allow independent developers to expand from phones to console games with little transition.
    It'll work because people are ignorant.
    Like this: Tropes vs. Women in Video Games by Anita Sarkeesian » Quick Media Round Up — Kickstarter
    Who needs 150,000 to make youtube videos?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast