Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

New idea for MPGH members.

K so first of all: I am typing on an iPhone because my step dad locked up the computer I typically use to "make sure I clean-up for eight hours a day" so this post is going to be full of errors. Also I might not be on msn for the next day or two.

Basically I am going to setup an IDA collabreate (not collaberate) server along with a remotely accessible virtual machine. Both of these servers can be used to allow reverse engineering teams to work together by synchronizing the user's Ida pro clients data (comments, structures etc...)

The virtual machine will be used primarily for dynamic analysis of malware and unpacking for static analysis sessions.

I am going to start hosting a publicly acessible malware reversing group for anyone willing to learn (I.e no experience required.)

Those who participate in the public group are also responsible for teaching and sharing their experiences. Do not join if you are a "nuthugger"

Helpful skills, but not at all required to join:
    Basic x86 assembly
    Basic C & C++
    knowledge of the low-level Windows API

Just letting you guys know. Post if you would be able to participate. I am also looking for people to help regulate the sessions.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 07-20-2012 at 04:51 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    K so first of all: I am typing on an iPhone because my step dad locked up the computer I typically use to "make sure I clean-up for eight hours a day" so this post is going to be full of errors. Also I might not be on msn for the next day or two.

Basically I am going to setup an IDA collabreate (not collaberate) server along with a remotely accessible virtual machine. Both of these servers can be used to allow reverse engineering teams to work together by synchronizing the user's Ida pro clients data (comments, structures etc...)

The virtual machine will be used primarily for dynamic analysis of malware and unpacking for static analysis sessions.

I am going to start hosting a publicly acessible malware reversing group for anyone willing to learn (I.e no experience required.)

Those who participate in the public group are also responsible for teaching and sharing their experiences. Do not join if you are a "nuthugger"

Helpful but not at all requiem experience that may help:
    Basic x86 assembly
    Basic c
    knowledge of the low-level win api

JusT letting you guys know.
    Your entire post was invalid because you typed it on an iphone.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (07-20-2012),[MPGH]Ghost (07-20-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Reverse engineering malware?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I guess this could be useful.

But not really on a mass level, plus it just wouldn't work out exactly as planned.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM

Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since Unknown - Unknown
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Donator Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

District 187 Minion Since 04.04.2013
    Steam Minion Since 02.26.2013
    WarRock Minion Since 02.19.2013
    A.V.A Minion Since 02.13.2013
    DayZ Minion Since 01.21.2013
    Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by comando2056 View Post
    I guess this could be useful.

But not really on a mass level, plus it just wouldn't work out exactly as planned.
    I'd be happy if we got four people involved.

If anyone is willing to participate, post here. I'll probably have it set up sometime next week.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I have absolutely no knowledge and experience concerning programming language.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    ummmm you cant reverse malware that would be worth to reverse because they will be obfuscated and crypted SEVERAL TIMES. Im not interested. sorry

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I have absolutely no knowledge and experience concerning programming language.
    Well it might be a little difficult to pick up from zero, but that doesn't mean you can't participate.

I mean, if you're bored feel free to join. Its just something that is open. We don't need to achieve anything in particular. We will literally be re-documenting already discovered and solved malware. It's just a learning\sharing\socializing opportunity.

It's still just an idea as well so I'm not exactly sure how I am going to organize this.

Reverse engineering malware is dissecting and discovering how it works so that it can be removed from the infected system or reprogrammed for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by iDream4fun View Post
    ummmm you cant reverse malware that would be worth to reverse because they will be obfuscated and crypted SEVERAL TIMES. Im not interested. sorry
    Wow, I am not going to get in to this argument with you. That's incredibly ignorant of you to say.

Guess what: So are most commercial games, and anti-hacking systems too.

In fact, you would expect more anti-debugging, encryption, virtualization and packing in commercial security utilities as they can afford it and have the primary objective of stopping you from reverse engineering their target.

Most pieces of malware are injected with junk-code and consist of one layer of packing and maybe a few levels of encryption to obstruct the av scanners ability to extract signature from the malware. The objective with 'security' in a piece of malware is optimizing size and removing consistant signatures.

Is it worth it? That's highly subjective.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 07-21-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Well it might be a little difficult to pick up from zero, but that doesn't mean you can't participate.

I mean, if you're bored feel free to join. Its just something that is open. We don't need to achieve anything in particular. We will literally be re-documenting already discovered and solved malware. It's just a learning\sharing\socializing opportunity.

It's still just an idea as well so I'm not exactly sure how I am going to organize this.

Reverse engineering malware is dissecting and discovering how it works so that it can be removed from the infected system or reprogrammed for attack.

Wow, I am not going to get in to this argument with you. That's incredibly ignorant of you to say.

Seriously: Welcome to reverse engineering. Most targets are packed, encrypted and obstructed.

Is it worth it? That's highly subjective.
    I'm definitely interested and I have the time considering it's summer time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

Your entire post was invalid because you typed it on an iphone.
    I don't get it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Didn't get any thing from that..which mean Iam in.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I am in. Let me know how I can participate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Beat ur step dad's ass, den I'll join you on this.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Archangel (07-21-2012),Delko DJ (07-21-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Ight niggahs I'm going to work on the servers tonight. I'll have it organized by next week and I'll create a new thread for it.

Thanks for posting about interest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast