Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Befriending a murderer.

Hey guys. Long time no see. I'd like to share the story of a very hectic week. So on July 10th, 2 kids went missing in my city. (I live in a fairly small city. This kind of stuff is rare.) And until yesterday, they were found with gun shot wounds. Hours later they took two kids in custody. Everyone in this situation is ages 13-16. And hours after that, I discover that the main suspect was my best friend since the age of 3. I'm 14 and he's 15. He was charged with 2nd degree murder. I just don't know what to do. I thought I knew him and he ends up killing two people. I don't know if I should be angry or sad. I'm pretty sure the motive was drugs. But am I stupid for believing that it wasn't 100% his fault? He grew up in a broken family. Dad didn't care, mom left. Part of me thinks it was because he was raised by the wrong people. But the other part thinks that it's his fault because it was his choice. I just feel lost. What would you do if you found out the one who you thought you knew best did something like this?

Here's a link to the news article: Amsterdam teens charged with murder - YNN, Your News Now

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Nothing you can really do until you know all the facts, hang tight.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    So? I'm perfectly capable of the same thing. It doesn't make him any different or any worse. Maybe he just didn't like those kids. Doesn't mean he'll slice your face off with a 7in foldable in your sleep.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Eermmm... he murdered people... I would be a bit cautious... maybe just a bit *sarcasm*
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    He killed two fucking people, it doesn't matter if he grew up in a broken family.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    He killed two fucking people, it doesn't matter if he grew up in a broken family.
    Of course it matters,If someone suffers extreme mistreatment at the hands of others (bullying, abuse, torment, rape, etc.) or extreme misfortune (family and friends dying, career lost, addiction, depression, mental imbalances,etc)affects the psychological make up of a person. It corrupts the person and can create that we know as a "murderer".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post
    Of course it matters,If someone suffers extreme mistreatment at the hands of others (bullying, abuse, torment, rape, etc.) or extreme misfortune (family and friends dying, career lost, addiction, depression, mental imbalances,etc)affects the psychological make up of a person. It corrupts the person and can create that we know as a "murderer".
    So it gives you a reason to lash out your pain on two random people?
    If he was that mad he should have killed himself, I don't condone suicide but I'd prefer him dieing than two innocent people.

Thanks

If he was that mad he should have killed himself, I don't condone suicide but I'd prefer him dieing than two innocent people.

The motive was probably drugs as said by the OP so those two aren't completely innocent.

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    i would probably tell him he that he's stupid for getting caught .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:

maximon555 (07-21-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    First I see Amsterdam, then I see Florida. Super confusing. Anyways, do you even talk to this guy? Do you personally think he did it? People are capable of doing anything when hanging with the wrong people.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Doc (07-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I believe what he did was very wrong, but he does need someone to be there for him. So be his friend and be there for him.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    First I see Amsterdam, then I see Florida. Super confusing. Anyways, do you even talk to this guy? Do you personally think he did it? People are capable of doing anything when hanging with the wrong people.
    Yeah. Evidence doesn't lie. I've known him almost my whole life. Until a couple weeks ago we weren't really talking much. Now I know why...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Well you won't have to worry much. If they have enough proof to convict him on 2 murder charges, he's going to be gone for a longgggg time. You just have to move on and forget about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

If you suffer from a disorder you don't need a reason. Your reasoning process is fundamentally different then most other people.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    So? I'm perfectly capable of the same thing. It doesn't make him any different or any worse. Maybe he just didn't like those kids. Doesn't mean he'll slice your face off with a 7in foldable in your sleep.
    Means he's capable of killing (for whatever reason, could it be he just wanted lunch money?), means you don't have a sleepover when he threatens to kill you otherwise without one eye open.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post
    Well you won't have to worry much. If they have enough proof to convict him on 2 murder charges, he's going to be gone for a longgggg time. You just have to move on and forget about it.
    He's a minor, he might disappear, he might not, but something will change.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast