Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Need a new build..

I'm in need of a new one soon, I'm sure my current one is about to die sooner or later. Sometimes the motherboard will not recognize a component until a few boot ups later. The case doesn't seem to have sufficient room for all of my components as well. I've read reviews on the Bitfenix Raider and so far, it seems like it will have a HUGE amount of air flow with the included 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan. I could buy a 200mm fan and put it on the top as well if needed. I don't think an idle GPU should be at 50°C. That should explain some of the lack of airflow, right? I need some feedback on parts that you would rather replace it with and I'll be sure to check it out. If you are going to suggest Newegg, I'm not going to buy them online, and I don't know a Newegg store in Vancouver. I've made a thread previously about a new build but I've learnt from some of the suggestions on the thread. The total is around $600 to $700 and I can get that kind of money soon. I have about $250 saved up. My dad is willing to help pay $100 to $200 mainly for the work I've been doing and whatnot.

$99.99 - Case: Bitfenix Raider Steel Black ATX USB3.0 Mid Tower Case 4X5.25 6X3.25 7X2.5 W/ 3X120MM Spectre Fans - BitFenix - BFC-RDR-300-KKN1-RP
    $155.00 - Motherboard: https://ncix.ca/products/?sku=71114&v...s&promoid=1382
    $256.33 - CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail - Intel - BX80637I53570K
    $54.99 - RAM: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 XMP Dual Channel Memory Kit - Kingston - KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
    HDD: Already own a 500GB drive that I will be using again.
    PSU: Already own a Corsair CX600 PSU that I will be using again.
    Graphics Card: Already own a XFX AMD Radeon HD6850 that I will be using again.
    ODD: Already own one that I will be using again.

tl;dr: look at the parts and give feedback (:
    Last edited by SkyLight; 07-22-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

Amkay (07-24-2012),FangedBeast (07-22-2012),Gragodine (07-22-2012),Pheles (07-23-2012),SkyLight (07-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Wow the saber tooth really is good. I cheaped out becaus eit wasn't necessary, you should too and put more money in the processor even tho the i5 is good.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    You are spending way too much of your budget on the motherboard. Get something like the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and be done with it.

You could upgrade your graphics card to a 660ti when it comes out next month. What resolution is your monitor?

A cheaper case maybe? Like the HAF 912?

Get a CPU cooler to cool down your 3570k. Something like the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo or V6GT.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    That. Is. Incredibly. Helpful.
    .Gragtastic.
    Failed Genius

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    I'd suggest getting a cheaper motherboard.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Just get the Pro version. Thermal shielding is just a gimmick.

Thanks
    I know that the motherboard is quite expensive, but I do have half of the parts for it and that I have a fairly large budget, which means I can go crazy on it but I haven't. I'm not sure if I need a better CPU since I don't think I have a program that uses more than 2 of my cores on my current Core 2 quad. I'm not planning on overclocking the CPU and am sure the stock heatsink is good enough from the V1.1k guide. I don't really like the looks of the HAF912, it looks like this huge bulky case I don't plan on running Crossfire at all because I'm not one of those super high-tech gamers who have 3 monitors, so I think the 6850 is good enough for now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyLight View Post
    I know that the motherboard is quite expensive, but I do have half of the parts for it and that I have a fairly large budget, which means I can go crazy on it but I haven't. I'm not sure if I need a better CPU since I don't think I have a program that uses more than 2 of my cores on my current Core 2 quad. I'm not planning on overclocking the CPU and am sure the stock heatsink is good enough from the V1.1k guide. I don't really like the looks of the HAF912, it looks like this huge bulky case I don't plan on running Crossfire at all because I'm not one of those super high-tech gamers who have 3 monitors, so I think the 6850 is good enough for now.
    Why did you ask for a new build if you know exactly what you want? zzzzzzzzzz

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    not overclocking with a K model?!

@Alen

you may have a high budget but you still don't want to waste money - sheesh - one day you'll regret wasting money as it all adds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post

It's funny how everyone comes to MPGH with their problems

Fuck her and get it over with..
    Press that 'Thanks' button below this if I helped you in my post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    pretty nice setup, try to get an SSD thu for the OS
    Wow much signature

Thanks
    This stuff is actually on sale, so it's a little cheaper than the ones I mentioned. I found a motherboard with a lower price

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    You should definitely get a better graphics card if you have a large budget. The most obvious way to upgrade if you are getting a new MOBO anyway would be to get one with space for 2 GPU's and then just get another 6850.

You don't need more monitors to use 2 GPU's, the CrossfireX technology uses both GPU's for generating one picture. You won't get the Video RAM x2 because it's mirrored between the cards.

I did this when I upgraded and I haven't had any problems with it at all, it performs like some of the best GTX card. I made it perform slightly better than a GTX 570 with some overclocking.
    Last edited by Nachos; 07-22-2012 at 02:48 PM.

The lines in my Steam are i's

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post

You should definitely get a better graphics card if you have a large budget. The most obvious way to upgrade if you are getting a new MOBO anyway would be to get one with space for 2 GPU's and then just get another 6850.

You don't need more monitors to use 2 GPU's, the CrossfireX technology uses both GPU's for generating one picture. You won't get the Video RAM x2 because it's mirrored between the cards.

I did this when I upgraded and I haven't had any problems with it at all, it performs like some of the best GTX card. I made it perform slightly better than a GTX 570 with some overclocking.
    Yes you don't need multiple monitors for multi-gpu set ups, but at 1920*1080 or 1920*1200 it's a waste of money. Especially when mid-range cards are more than enough to handle all the console ports being dished out nowadays. You could say its future proofing but in a few years time you can spend $300 on a GPU that will out perform 2x$300 GPUs now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Yes you don't need multiple monitors for multi-gpu set ups, but at 1920*1080 or 1920*1200 it's a waste of money. Especially when mid-range cards are more than enough to handle all the console ports being dished out nowadays. You could say its future proofing but in a few years time you can spend $300 on a GPU that will out perform 2x$300 GPUs now.
    I bought a XFX 6850 for $180 in Denmark and I had one already, It's a cheap way to upgrade and get almost twice the power. A single card with the same performance would cost $400-$500 in Denmark.

The lines in my Steam are i's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast