Thread: Time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    So to be on topic, i found this a few months ago, A ship reached its destination through some mean that is unknown in a faster way i.e If it actually takes 6 hours to reach this ship took 3 hours or something like that.

just read it , wiki explains it better than i do. Philadelphia Experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My private army.
    Steam : Jesus Puncher

"For he is all knowing, stand together and rise with him and accept the lord as your almighty wingman"
    - Genesis 4:20
    Gifts:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Kurlzz View Post

^
    There was some experiment going lately, scientist built those atomic clocks, and found out time passes faster for higher grounds, the closer you are to the ground, the slower the time goes.

But the difference is almost negligible anyway
    Clock just got fucked up by gravity, no way time is different wherever you are

Thanks
    This thread is an idiot magnet.

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    So to be on topic, i found this a few months ago, A ship reached its destination through some mean that is unknown in a faster way i.e If it actually takes 6 hours to reach this ship took 3 hours or something like that.

just read it , wiki explains it better than i do. Philadelphia Experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    2nd paragraph:

"The story is widely regarded as a hoax.[1][2][3] The U.S. Navy maintains that no such experiment occurred, and details of the story contradict well-established facts about the Eldridge, as well as the known laws of physics.[4]"

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post

They were attempting teleportation but when the ship came back the crew members were bound to the ship. I remember researching this but it kept leading me to dead ends

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Too much science. Get a clock.

7xFox
    rabir007 - Cataclypse - Drifts - 3xBananaBoy - 2xjhonwdss
    3xNoShameAlts - 2xClubLife[7] - hunnuke
    3xpantsonfire - blackandyellow17
    MUJJ - the7skulls - wasredskin92 - Unit113

List of successful trades but they got banned later.
    2xcozi94 - BurnRed¤ - rtdt44 - Kelly2580

Gamerusher (Direct scam, just an average noob)
    F10 (Charged back the money)
    SeaNanners (Recovered by owner)
    Hayakuda (Got the money back though)
    d1nam1t (Got the account back though)
    [oG]Brian (Scammed by his brother using his account)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Kurlzz View Post

^
    There was some experiment going lately, scientist built those atomic clocks, and found out time passes faster for higher grounds, the closer you are to the ground, the slower the time goes.

But the difference is almost negligible anyway
    That's because gravity is stronger closer to the ground.
    .Gragtastic.
    Failed Genius

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Gravity gives Time the appearance of traveling at a different interval. Increased gravity means a faster rotation around a said object, causing the being on said object or in that increased gravitational orbit to move more rapidly, giving the appearance of a faster signature with Tine itself. Comparing this to astronauts, as they travel around the earth they are actually moving at a higher rate of speed than someone closer to the ground, but the appearance of Tine is slower due to ones aspect of the physical surroundings being affected by increased rotational speed, which is the result in the time delaying appearance.

It's like in Rally racing, a driver will cut a corner to save time, whereas someone who takes the corner wide will be delayed. If those two drivers were in a continuous circular motion traveling at the same speed, the one who is closer to the center would be ahead of the person on the outside, due to distancing. If you eliminated gravity and attempted the same experiment with two orbiting objects around a single focal point, the would remain parallel.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    agreed. Well explained with the racing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    too complex for my mind to understand
    Rep. Power: 111

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaboom View Post
    too complex for my mind to understand
    -,- you must have a very simple mind.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Seriously? Time isn't affected by the sun kid, you have to be fucking retarded to believe that. Time is constant. The time differential is affected by GRAVITY, not the fucking sun. Go learn basic science, E=MC^2 dumbass.
    not sure if your retarded kid? but steven hawkings time travel theory with black holes? look it up kid

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post

not sure if your retarded kid? but steven hawkings time travel theory with black holes? look it up kid
    Oh my god you truly are the dumbest fucker on this site. To create a black hole a star needs to become a supernova, which then the gravitational pull on said star outweighs the the stars density, causing it to implode. This rapid release of energy creates a singularity, a rip in space where the object in questions density is infinite. That beig said, Steven Hawkings theory on time travel relates to said black holes being so dense that it literally folds te fabric of space allowing one to leap through these separate singularities, though bounding through the fabric of space would cause you to travel forward through time as you are faster than the speed of light. Gravity is a side effect of the singularity, because the density is so great it creates an infinite gravitational pull.

Poison you seriously have no idea what you are talking about in any subject so far. Just stop trying because you're showing you can not comprehend simple science.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Its proven to be slower/faster in different places.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Gravity gives Time the appearance of traveling at a different interval. Increased gravity means a faster rotation around a said object, causing the being on said object or in that increased gravitational orbit to move more rapidly, giving the appearance of a faster signature with Tine itself. Comparing this to astronauts, as they travel around the earth they are actually moving at a higher rate of speed than someone closer to the ground, but the appearance of Tine is slower due to ones aspect of the physical surroundings being affected by increased rotational speed, which is the result in the time delaying appearance.

It's like in Rally racing, a driver will cut a corner to save time, whereas someone who takes the corner wide will be delayed. If those two drivers were in a continuous circular motion traveling at the same speed, the one who is closer to the center would be ahead of the person on the outside, due to distancing. If you eliminated gravity and attempted the same experiment with two orbiting objects around a single focal point, the would remain parallel.
    Nicely explained
    Wow much signature

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Yolo Swaggins For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (07-22-2012)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast