Thread: Pen State Fines

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry

Pen State Fines

Do you agree with the punishment for the Joe Paterno cover up of the Sandusky faggotry?

-A punitive fine of $60 million, equivalent to a full year of football-generated revenue, to be used in an endowment for programs dealing with child sexual abuse or assisting victims.

-Joe Paterno's record 409 career wins are knocked down to 298 as the Nittany Lions must vacate all wins from 1998-2011.

-Four-year postseason ban, both from bowl games and the Big Ten Championship.

-Four-year scholarship reduction (10 initial, 20 total).

-Players may transfer to other FBS schools and are immediately eligible to play.

-Athletic department on probation for five years, with an NCAA-appointed athletic-integrity monitor being brought in to ensure no further violations are made.

(My Thoughts)
    To me 60 million over ten years for PenState isn't that bad, as long as it not the students who have to make up the difference in tuition because then you're punishing someone not involved.

They should have left the wins alone, a win is a win, idc if your a child molester, if your a better coach your a better coach (just one that should be shot on the spot).

Don't touch the Scholarships, again the students-athletes weren't molesting little boys so why are they being punished again?

Every Athlete should transfer if they can, the program ain't going to do shyt for the next couple of years due to no playoffs or bowl games.

Sorry, this is about sports, I asked for a sport section but was ignored.
    /Thoughts?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Do you agree with the punishment for the Joe Paterno cover up of the Sandusky faggotry?

-A punitive fine of $60 million, equivalent to a full year of football-generated revenue, to be used in an endowment for programs dealing with child sexual abuse or assisting victims.

-Joe Paterno's record 409 career wins are knocked down to 298 as the Nittany Lions must vacate all wins from 1998-2011.

-Four-year postseason ban, both from bowl games and the Big Ten Championship.

-Four-year scholarship reduction (10 initial, 20 total).

-Players may transfer to other FBS schools and are immediately eligible to play.

-Athletic department on probation for five years, with an NCAA-appointed athletic-integrity monitor being brought in to ensure no further violations are made.

(My Thoughts)
    To me 60 million over ten years for PenState isn't that bad, as long as it not the students who have to make up the difference in tuition because then you're punishing someone not involved.

They should have left the wins alone, a win is a win, idc if your a child molester, if your a better coach your a better coach (just one that should be shot on the spot).

Don't touch the Scholarships, again the students-athletes weren't molesting little boys so why are they being punished again?

Every Athlete should transfer if they can, the program ain't going to do shyt for the next couple of years due to no playoffs or bowl games.

Sorry, this is about sports, I asked for a sport section but was ignored.
    /Thoughts?
    Win count modification is dumb unless the case has ANYTHING to do with it.

Four year ban... care

Four year scholarship reduction... less potential football players... they are banned for four years... care

Transfer, obv. if they plan to play with that four year ban

They are banned for four years... so the probation doesn't matter... care

They are getting all these sanctions because they didn't deal with that faggot and they chose to ignore him.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Yeah, but all the people (coaches, presidents, higher ups) are all facing civil and criminal charges. All you have left is everyone....not involved in the cover up.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    If he tried to cover up / hide the evidence to support his other coach, he should be penalized, not necessarily the college, but at the end of the day, it probably is justified.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Yeah, but all the people (coaches, presidents, higher ups) are all facing civil and criminal charges. All you have left is everyone....not involved in the cover up.
    The school is being held responsible for the actions of those who run it. They did the wrong thing, so they pay for it. They run a school, the school pays for it. You can't really argue against it...

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    The school is being held responsible for the actions of those who run it. They did the wrong thing, so they pay for it. They run a school, the school pays for it. You can't really argue against it...

agreed. doesnt matter wat they did. its what "you" did. They are responsible for their actions

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    "Oh a few Higher Ups in at Pen State tried to coverup evidence? Let's punish everybody who goes to that schoo!"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    "Oh a few Higher Ups in at Pen State tried to coverup evidence? Let's punish everybody who goes to that schoo!"

the question is, Did everyone know about it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by iDream4fun View Post
    Why the fuck would every Student/Teacher there know about it? Only a few people were trying to cover it up so now they are punishing the students for no reason.
    I agree with the charges on both Joe Paterno etc but you can't punish the whole place.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iDream4fun View Post
    Why the fuck would every Student/Teacher there know about it? Only a few people were trying to cover it up so now they are punishing the students for no reason.
    I agree with the charges on both Joe Paterno etc but you can't punish the whole place.

Meh, i guess.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Those individualy are being punished.

If Arun murders someone, does the rest of the MPGH staff get punished for his crime. Even after they put Arun in prison for life?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Those individualy are being punished.

If Arun murders someone, does the rest of the MPGH staff get punished for his crime. Even after they put Arun in prison for life?

/oh shit. Arun is in prison fo life?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    FO LIFE!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    FO LIFE!!!
    25 years is a long time. Gawd, that must suck