Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Sir, these authors make a killing, literally, off of us poor bastard students. I have every right, imho, to steal their book.

The internet is an amazing thing noob555, why? Because lots of people, with lots of different skills, and lots of different levels of access are interconnected in to one community. I have given my fair share of material via my skill-set and accessibility.
    Sir, if you're going to steal, you should give back once in a while or assist your peers in theft.
    The internet is an amazing tool jetamay, why? Because lots of people with a large skill set and different levels of access share with the world what they have to offer.

Wait why are we doing this.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    SOLUTION MANUAL = HALF THE PROBLEM. Some books put the problems online on their website, or you can grab them from the library or whatever.

But renting it is a decent option, I rented a book, sent it back end at the end of the semester, NP. Was for free too.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    If you appreciate the work of any author or, furthermore, respect it in any way, then you wouldn't be stealing that which took them months of hard work to create. Of course, this is the Internet we're talking about, so believing that nobody will download illegal ebooks is optimistic to the point of foolish.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nathan View Post
    If you appreciate the work of any author or, furthermore, respect it in any way, then you wouldn't be stealing that which took them months of hard work to create. Of course, this is the Internet we're talking about, so believing that nobody will download illegal ebooks is optimistic to the point of foolish.
    Obviously you are new to the textbook scam.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    K

Go to university with that perspective. Be a tool to the authors and get scammed out of a shitton of money. Do you have any idea how much post secondary schools costs? How many EDITIONS of the SAME textbook there are just to get poor ass first-years to buy them out of fear? The constant release of new editions scare students from lending or buying older used editions. Thus keeping the money in the publisher's and authors hands.
    @arunforce, someone from my school said they got away with the international edition w\ the same problem-sets soh imma prolly get that.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 08-16-2012 at 01:13 AM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

Canadian (08-16-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I dont know what version this is but.....good luck !
    https://computerju.com/Materials/Digi...lectronics.pdf

BTW The cheapest i could find was this
    https://www.textbooks.com/ISBN/978013...JACKOADKMDKO2B
    Last edited by BossMan.; 08-16-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    On a scale from 1-1 billion how many dicks do you have up your ass?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

On a scale from 1-1 billion how many dicks do you have up your ass?
    Oh, that was hilarious. You must be a comedian of some sort. I am so amused .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Hai guys I'm a stuck up nerd who tries to act like I'm above everybody else and then comments on how intelligent I am so everybody can know
    Fixed*** .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Fixed*** .
    Oh keep it coming. You are, indeed, very funny...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Tell me more about how you intend on buying all your textbooks in university to 'respect the author's work.'

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Most people born don't have a silver fucking spoon shoved up their asses so they aren't able to afford super expensive shit for school.
    Your logic " Pay the authors who make a shit ton off of their books even more so they know that they can over charge for books!".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Most people born don't have a silver fucking spoon shoved up their asses so they aren't able to afford super expensive shit for school.
    Your logic " Pay the authors who make a shit ton off of their books even more so they know that they can over charge for books!".
    They worked hard to produce those books, and they are free to charge whatever they want for them. If you can't/don't want to, then don't buy them, but that doesn't mean you should download them illegally, right? Yet of course, what do I know? As you so elegantly explain, I have a "silver fucking spoon" shoved up my ass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Oh hai der.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

They worked hard to produce those books, and they are free to charge whatever they want for them. If you can't/don't want to, then don't buy them, but that doesn't mean you should download them illegally, right? Yet of course, what do I know? As you so elegantly explain, I have a "silver fucking spoon" shoved up my ass.
    That is exactly how the scam works. I don't want to buy this particular textbook, there are thousands of other textbooks out there that are dirt-cheap because they don't have schools backing them like Digital Systems, and as such those author starves for publishing work just as if not more sufficient while these ones make an killing by overcharging because they can when we HAVE to buy them. I could study the same program anywhere else and they would make me buy the same textbook.

The instructors work off the same course material as the book, you CANNOT study the course without the book. You will probably fail if you try to use another simply because a lot of work material is based of the textbook.

Have you ever wondered why fiction books are book cheap, and virtually all other non-fiction books are as well? Because these books aren't being shoved in everyones mouths and thus they have to be fair to the customer and compete with the market - they don't have the ability to starve other authors like the textbooks.

Finally, the reason international textbooks are cheaper is because they have to be. They aren't being shoved down everyones throats all over the world, and as such they have to compete with the market. However, the government has already made it 'illegal' to resell international editions in Canada\USA for the reason that it devalues the content of the book relative to the retail value in our countries (IE it has to actually compete.)

Seriously dude, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Stop acting arrogant and superior to us 'pirates;' stop trying to make us feel bad for just barely scraping by the fines of our schools. When the times comes, I am sure you will learn why we download our textbooks. Otherwise I hope you appreciate all the money you throw to making this one publisher richer, and the author a little richer and every other author poorer.

*edit* Also, you idoit, writers don't choose the price of their book, nor do the make but an incredibly small fraction of the profits. This is the publishers job. This just tells me how little you know about the process.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 08-18-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast