Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Most of you guys hating will probably just buy Black Ops 2, and will get blown away. And like @Nachos said, they aren't focusing on graphics, a Game needs to look like a Game
    Last edited by Larity2056; 08-15-2012 at 02:02 PM.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    CoD is not about the graphics...

They don't focus on graphics, they focus on making a balanced game, that is fun, challenging and at the same time easy, a game for everyone.. Which is almost impossible.

You can't compare BF gameplay experience to CoD. Just don't do that, it's two completely different games that is meant for different audiences and has different purposes.
    Isn't their biggest "claim to fame" their "ultra-realistic" graphics? (Which were pretty good when MW2 came out, but since then haven't really improved.)

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks

They don't focus on graphics, they focus on making a balanced game, that is fun, challenging and at the same time easy, a game for everyone.. Which is almost impossible.

You can't compare BF gameplay experience to CoD. Just don't do that, it's two completely different games that is meant for different audiences and has different purposes.
    I'm just saying BF had it first, WAYYY back too, CoD is behind in the futuristic aspect. Also BF is a very balanced game, every class has its advantages and disadvantages, it takes a skilled player to become generally good with a class. I gave CoD a try a few times, I DO like MW and MW2, very fun, original, and repayable games for the time they were released. My issue is that BO2 is exactly how MW3 was released, with a RESKIN and new killstreaks. It is no different whatsoever to BO, it just looks different. That is not what makes a good game, if they actually took the time to redesign the game from the ground up I would LOVE the CoD franchise, but they haven't since MW2.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Most of you guys hating will probably just buy Black Ops 2, and will get blown away. And like @Nachos said, they aren't focusing on graphics, a Game needs to look like a Game
    So you're ok with paying 60 bucks every couple of months for the exact same game with such minor alterations it doesn't change the game at all? Good for you, but I am not on with it. When the next in line game to a series comes out I expect a better game than the last, not the same game with a new look and a few new features, I expect a new game. As I said I do like MW/MW2, but after that they became lazy as shot. BO2 is the equivalent to a mod to HL2, shit should be either DLC or free.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Adding on to that rant, CoD has always said it was the "most realistic battle scenario based FPS", though if it is "balanced" it is not realistic at all. No battlefield is EVER balanced, no gun should have the same statistical standards as another, everything is MEANT to be different and unbalanced, that way the individual player can rate their kills and actually use their skill with the weapon that he's suits them. If a game like this is "balanced", then anyone of any skill level can get kills easily (which is what happens), based on said weapon they are using. A game that focus's on a weapons differences more than trying to make them all the same just in a separate tier allows for a total user customizable environment determined solely on their skill level and preference to weapon, rather than having the mentality that "z0mg I need teh gun it's betterz den diz juan!!!!!1!11!!!!!".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    YOU PLAY GAMES FOR THE GAMEPLAY - NOT FUCKING GRAPHICS.

tbh. fuck bo2, mw2 will always stay in my heart <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

I'm just saying BF had it first, WAYYY back too, CoD is behind in the futuristic aspect. Also BF is a very balanced game, every class has its advantages and disadvantages, it takes a skilled player to become generally good with a class. I gave CoD a try a few times, I DO like MW and MW2, very fun, original, and repayable games for the time they were released. My issue is that BO2 is exactly how MW3 was released, with a RESKIN and new killstreaks. It is no different whatsoever to BO, it just looks different. That is not what makes a good game, if they actually took the time to redesign the game from the ground up I would LOVE the CoD franchise, but they haven't since MW2.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

So you're ok with paying 60 bucks every couple of months for the exact same game with such minor alterations it doesn't change the game at all? Good for you, but I am not on with it. When the next in line game to a series comes out I expect a better game than the last, not the same game with a new look and a few new features, I expect a new game. As I said I do like MW/MW2, but after that they became lazy as shot. BO2 is the equivalent to a mod to HL2, shit should be either DLC or free.
    I paid 35€, with the DLC 58€ without paying 60 Bucks a month, also you pay more than 100€ for Battlefield 3 including all DLC. Black Ops 2 doesn't look life HL2 in every aspect, else we could start saying Battlefield 3 looks like Super Mario. And why is CoD a reskin and Battlefield a new game? Probably only because of "new" graphics, and not the whole new gameplay that Call of Duty is showing and Battlefield 3 is showing the same type of gameplay as BFBC2

Battlefield and Call of Duty are both great Games, they're also way different then each other except you play with "guns" and that makes some think those Games are both the same...
    Last edited by Larity2056; 08-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks

I paid 35€, with the DLC 58€ without paying 60 Bucks a month, also you pay more than 100€ for Battlefield 3 including all DLC. Black Ops 2 doesn't look life HL2 in every aspect, else we could start saying Battlefield 3 looks like Super Mario. And why is CoD a reskin and Battlefield a new game? Probably only because of "new" graphics, and not the whole new gameplay that Call of Duty is showing and Battlefield 3 is showing the same type of gameplay as BFBC2

Battlefield and Call of Duty are both great Games, they're also way different then each other except you play with "guns" and that makes some think those Games are both the same...
    You took all of my analogies literally

I bought a BF3 online pass for 10 USD, paid 27 for premium which gave me all the DLC, and just used an ISO for the game installation.
    How the hell is CoD "showing new gameplay"? You run, you gun, you level up, you prestige, repeat. Oh an you use a few killstreaks. Hell they ripped GunGame from an HL mod for CS, ad tee was a mod for BF2142 in the Sir community that had GG, way before CoD had it. I'll finish te rest of this debate when I'm not stuck on my iPod.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

You can compare them, they're both first-person shooters, they both have unlocks, and they have similar gamemodes. Also, don't even talk about a balanced game, it's like you don't remember OMA + noob tube.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Black Ops was a COD epic fail, maybe Black Ops 2 too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

You took all of my analogies literally

I bought a BF3 online pass for 10 USD, paid 27 for premium which gave me all the DLC, and just used an ISO for the game installation.
    How the hell is CoD "showing new gameplay"? You run, you gun, you level up, you prestige, repeat. Oh an you use a few killstreaks. Hell they ripped GunGame from an HL mod for CS, ad tee was a mod for BF2142 in the Sir community that had GG, way before CoD had it. I'll finish te rest of this debate when I'm not stuck on my iPod.
    If you wouldn't have the premium edition you'll have to pay way higher prices like most have to... Gun Game is the only thing they might have copied from HL that doesn't make the whole game a copy from HL. Also it was requested by the Call of Duty Community to put that gamemode in the Game, since they started listening to their Community

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks

If you wouldn't have the premium edition you'll have to pay way higher prices like most have to... Gun Game is the only thing they might have copied from HL that doesn't make the whole game a copy from HL. Also it was requested by the Call of Duty Community to put that gamemode in the Game, since they started listening to their Community
    God damnit I'm not saying they copied anything from HL on its own I used it originally as an analogy and used a MOD as a figure of appearance for a generalized idea on what I mean retread my first post, you're thinking I said yet copied HL whereas I was using it as an example for if I wanted a RESKIN in comparison to a full fledged game an if said situation was the case it would be the equivalent of a mod from HL.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    are they using a different game engine? cause if they are it looks the same -,-

Thanks

God damnit I'm not saying they copied anything from HL on its own I used it originally as an analogy and used a MOD as a figure of appearance for a generalized idea on what I mean retread my first post, you're thinking I said yet copied HL whereas I was using it as an example for if I wanted a RESKIN in comparison to a full fledged game an if said situation was the case it would be the equivalent of a mod from HL.
    Don't talk to him, he's gone full retard. The game isn't $35 retail when it came out, he probably bought a key or from someone else and then says if you didn't have the premium edition you would have to pay higher prices. That right there is a sign of a person going full retard.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to InCognito For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (08-15-2012)

Thanks
    I have played both games , Cod and Battlefield. And i can say both of them are pretty good , so i dont understand u haters...
    Will wait for some zombies gameplay , and then probably will make decision , to buy it or not.

Cod4 and BF3 Ftw!

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post

Don't talk to him, he's gone full retard. The game isn't $35 retail when it came out, he probably bought a key or from someone else and then says if you didn't have the premium edition you would have to pay higher prices. That right there is a sign of a person going full retard.
    I noticed that too rofl, i stopped really reading the replies after my points were completely ignored

Thanks
    cod4 is still the best.

me liek old school.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast