Thread: Laptop question

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Tall kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Living in Kiwi land
    Posts
    4,536
    Reputation
    325
    Thanks
    573
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Laptop question

    I'm asking this on behalf of my mate. He was wondering if he can play the latest games (BF3, MW3, and AC3) on a laptop thats running with 8gb RAM, 1 TB hard drive, 3.3Ghz Intel Quad core i7. He doesn't know what the graphics card is but its a Samsung NP350. I told him that he can build a gaming PC for the price of that laptop
    Oh hai der.

  2. #2
    Nirvana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    What is this i dont even
    Posts
    6,101
    Reputation
    258
    Thanks
    670
    My Mood
    Sick
    As far as I know all Intel based Laptops use integrated graphics, so he can not play Battlefield 3 at a good FPS unless he tones it down a ton and makes it look bad. He could run MW3 well definitely, and I'm not sure what AC3's system reqs are so I couldn't say. You should really try to push the DIY PC idea more on him.

  3. #3
    Tall kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Living in Kiwi land
    Posts
    4,536
    Reputation
    325
    Thanks
    573
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    As far as I know all Intel based Laptops use integrated graphics, so he can not play Battlefield 3 at a good FPS unless he tones it down a ton and makes it look bad. He could run MW3 well definitely, and I'm not sure what AC3's system reqs are so I couldn't say. You should really try to push the DIY PC idea more on him.
    I told him that he will be able to play BF3 on the lowest settings. I can run MW3 on full settings on my laptop and its running just a bit lower specs than the one hes looking at getting. Another reason he wants a laptop is that its easy to move around or take it away
    Oh hai der.

  4. #4
    Nirvana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    What is this i dont even
    Posts
    6,101
    Reputation
    258
    Thanks
    670
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post


    I told him that he will be able to play BF3 on the lowest settings. I can run MW3 on full settings on my laptop and its running just a bit lower specs than the one hes looking at getting. Another reason he wants a laptop is that its easy to move around or take it away
    What's his budget? He could definitely find a better laptop to buy that uses a mobile graphics card, and he'd be able to play BF3 or any other game on higher settings.

  5. #5
    Tall kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Living in Kiwi land
    Posts
    4,536
    Reputation
    325
    Thanks
    573
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post


    What's his budget? He could definitely find a better laptop to buy that uses a mobile graphics card, and he'd be able to play BF3 or any other game on higher settings.
    I'm guessing $1500 and under (New Zealand dollars)
    Oh hai der.

  6. #6
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post


    I'm guessing $1500 and under (New Zealand dollars)
    How much in USD?

  7. #7
    Nirvana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    What is this i dont even
    Posts
    6,101
    Reputation
    258
    Thanks
    670
    My Mood
    Sick
    Well I guess I can't help you since I don't live in NZ and don't know what online retailers there are for NZ since Newegg doesn't ship to NZ.

  8. #8
    Tall kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Living in Kiwi land
    Posts
    4,536
    Reputation
    325
    Thanks
    573
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Azathᴏth View Post


    How much in USD?
    One sec, lemme look it up


    ---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

    That would be 1216 USD
    Oh hai der.

  9. #9
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post


    One sec, lemme look it up


    ---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

    That would be 1216 USD
    I don't know about NZ, but in murrica you can get a good gaming rig for that money.

  10. #10
    Tall kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Living in Kiwi land
    Posts
    4,536
    Reputation
    325
    Thanks
    573
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Azathᴏth View Post


    I don't know about NZ, but in murrica you can get a good gaming rig for that money.
    Yea I was at my mates place and he had recently got a gaming rig for $1100 and that could run any of latest games. Was impressed at how well it was running BF3
    Oh hai der.

Similar Threads

  1. WPE Pro Question...
    By OutZida in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 02:02 AM
  2. Laptop question
    By jhackney in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 04:16 PM
  3. Hacking world of warcraft? & a noob question
    By arsholio in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 02:55 PM
  4. Photoshop Question
    By arunforce in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 12:38 PM
  5. question
    By wardo1926 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 08:36 PM