Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

MPGH News (9/14/12)

9th Edition
    9/14/12

SOTW - "Revamp"?
    Before you say this is late, I realize that. I believe I put it in User News 2-3 weeks ago, but now I feel as if it should be in the headlines. Not much shit happened this week either, so better to have something.

Lately, the GFX team and section have been brainstorming and putting ideas and suggestions together for a whole new "revamp" of the SOTW. This includes new prizes, new aspects of the SOTW, possibly "leagues" of some sort, and more. If you'd like to contribute your ideas, or read more on it, go here.

9/11 and Libya
    This week, 9/11 came around. This isn't related to MPGH, but it's quite a big event for the United States of America. Big threads, debates, and discussions going on about both 9/11, and the killings in Libya. To top it off, Embassadors have died (if you didn't notice Liz's tag for Chris Stevens). Here are a few of the big threads if you'd like to read into the discussions and debates about the topic.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ut-9-11-a.html
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/513261-9-11-a.html
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/513835-rip.html

I'm sure there's more, but I just grabbed ones on the first and second page.

Nothing else really happened this week... Check back next week. DEAD WEEK.

Post Bans
    @Paul, the cocksucker, reached 6000 posts earlier this week - congratulations. @Nico, one of our own Moderators, hit 14,000 posts earlier this week. Congratulations!
    @Ghost has hit his final goal on MPGH by hitting his 20,000th post here. He's made his statement that he'll pop in here and there, but won't be as active anymore. We all love you Ghost.
    @Psychotic the MPGH News Team leader finally hit his second postban - 2000! Congratulations!

Birthday Bans
    Happy Birthday to:
    @RoLe - 9/13
    @Sirius Black - 9/9
    and @RedSpot -9/10

Group Changes
    Earlier this week, @Ahmad, a former Minecraft Minion resigned from his position. With the resignation of Ahmad, the rise of Minion applications for Minecraft have arose. Head over to the Minecraft section if you'd like to apply!
    @Dolan (formerly "Ecstasy") has been.. unbanned? No other word has been officially released about his unban.

Contest / Section News
    SOTW #5 voting has begun and ended. Keep watch of the Challenges and Competitions section for SOTW #5 winners and for the SOTW #6 Entry Thread!

Crossfire needs your ideas!
    Hero has made a thread in the Crossfire Discussions section wanting your contest ideas! Submit and stay tuned for more info.

Applications
    Minion applications have opened for the Minecraft section.

Interview - [MPGH]Nico

[MPGH]Time: Hey there Nico! How are you this fine day
    [MPGH]Nico: pretty good, what about you?

[MPGH]Time: Great fanks, So Nico how long have you been on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Nico: more than one and a half year now, joined january 2011

[MPGH]Time: Sweet, let us know how you stumbled upon MPGH.
    [MPGH]Nico: Well, at that time I played that game called Vindictus, I'm still minion there and yea, since I was a good scripter in Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and I knew Vindictus uses the Source Engine aswell I wanted to have a console to use all that awesome stuff that you can do in other Source Engine games, The only working console at that time was made by Hell_Demon and released on MPGH.

[MPGH]Time: I see, What was your first impression when you joined MPGH?
    [MPGH]Nico: I liked it. Wasn't messed up at all, like a lot of other forums, Staff was mostly nice back then.

[MPGH]Time: ;] On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an inspiRation or role model?
    [MPGH]Nico: Well, my first inspiration was Hell_Demon since he was Vindictus minion at that time and I also wanted to get there and appearently I did.

[MPGH]Time: Thats nice , What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Nico: On the 2nd of july 2011 I opened my browser and saw that I got minion which I did not really expect.

[MPGH]Time: ;D How did it feel when you got mod ?
    [MPGH]Nico: Actually I was surprised. Just didn't expect it at that point

[MPGH]Time: Pleasant surprises , Well there was this arguement going on ages ago where everyone was like Dave and Arun are the same person, Do you have anything to say about it?
    [MPGH]Nico: They aren't the same persons, just brothers.

[MPGH]Time: , Is there any user on MPGH who you hate with passion?
    [MPGH]Nico: Nope, never really had a problem with anyone

[MPGH]Time: Nice nice , Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    [MPGH]Nico: Sure, I usually when I'm bored I go biking or to one of the lakes nearby Or I actually spend time on updating my hacks *cough*

[MPGH]Time: Mmkay, Do you have any favorite music artists or bands that you listen to?
    [MPGH]Nico: can't say that I have one favorite, there are many good bands, at the moment I listen to Disturbed, Deuce, Blood Stain Child and Pendulum

[MPGH]Time: Pendulum ftw, Do you have any favorite games?
    [MPGH]Nico: I still play Vindictus sometimes, Minecraft, Diablo 2 is pretty awesome aswell also some fps games but too lazy to name them all

[MPGH]Time: ah kk , Do you have any favorite quotes to share with us?
    [MPGH]Nico: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

[MPGH]Time: ;] sweet, Before we wrap this up would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    [MPGH]Nico: All staff members on MPGH and everyone who reads the news

[MPGH]Time: Aw , thanks for the time Nico ^^ .
    [MPGH]Nico:No problem, thanks for the interview [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Interview - [MPGH]Mr Allen

[MPGH]Hero: So Paradise, tell me a little about yourself.
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: My name is Allen aka Mr Allen. I am 17 years old and I like girls.

[MPGH]Hero: So what do you usually do on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: Most of the time you would probably see me in the Combat Arms Help Section helping out people with their CA issues, and in the Graphic Design Section looking at people's art work, helping them out giving them ideas to make them better, and just trying to be more active in that section.

[MPGH]Hero: Are you active in any other sections other than CA and the Graphics Section?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: The General Section.

[MPGH]Hero: Do you have any other motives on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: Yes I do, since day one I have registered on MPGH, I have been trying to contribute, help the best way I can to become a minion in the Combat Arms Section.

[MPGH]Hero: Since you're a GFX Team Member, give us a "brief" description of what you do as one.
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: I try to promote the section, give ideas out to make beginners or even people who have been doing GFX for a while making there designs unique and basically making there designs the "best". Overall just making Art fun, and enjoyable for competitive people and also non competive people who try to show off there skills.

[MPGH]Hero: On a scale of 1 through 10, how good of a GFX artist do you think you are?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: I will probably rate my self at a 7.

[MPGH]Hero: Alright, so what do you like the best about MPGH?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: I mostly like the culture, the people (not all) and mostly the hacks people make and things that make the forum fun.

[MPGH]Hero: So outside of MPGH, what are your hobbies?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: Outside of MPGH, I do Boxing, and kick boxing. But mostly hangout will family and help them around the house.

[MPGH]Hero: Do you like music? If so, what is your favorite music genre?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: I normally just listen to Electro, Trance, Dubstep, and Rap.

[MPGH]Hero: Do you have any favorite games? If so, what is your top (3) favorites?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: Combat Arms, BF3, Weedville.

[MPGH]Hero: Before we wrap this interview up, would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: Yes, I love you @.REZ and I love all my lovers, and I would like to Thank @Doc and Dave for giving me a opportunity to become a staff member on MPGH.

[MPGH]Hero: Thank you for your time beautiful. Very detailed interview.
    [MPGH]Mr Allen: Thank Sexy.

4 Americans Dead In Libya
    On tuesday, 4 americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens when gunmen fought with security forces and shot up the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The attack happened when people started to protest outside the building about a movie that "Unflatteringly portrays Islam's Prophet Mohammed" (CNN). The huge question that all politicians are asking at the moment are "Who is the attacker" and "Why?" The attack was carried out by men with guns and rocket-propelled grenades (Scientific term for rocket launcher) during a protest outside the US Consulate building. We aren't sure if it was the protesters who were the ones attacking or if it was planned ahead of time and the protest was a great coincidence that acted as a diversion. For now, our top suspect is a Pro-Al Qaeda group who has previously conducted an armed assault on the consulate.For more info, go to: Libya consulate attack: The big unanswered questions – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Pussy Riot..?
    The Russian Prime Minister has released some thoughts about the Pussy Riot. Members of the group Pussy Riot were imprisoned for 2 years. He thinks the sentence is excessive and it is a terrible burden. He continued to say that he thought the time they have already served is WELL enough to make them think about what happened (CNN). The Prime Minister thinks that a suspended sentence (including 6 plus months the women have already served) would have been adequit. He said he doesn't think prolonging their prison time is doing anything but he does think that the groups acts and the hysteria they caused were sickening. Three members of Pussy Riot are imprisoned and the rest have left Russia to avoid being jailed. They recently posted a video publicly thanking all the american singers and bands who have stood up for them, all the while burning a poster of the Prime Minister.

EA Tries to Buy Valve
    Electronic Arts is ready to give up $1 billion dollars in order to acquire Valve.
    According to The New York Times, a report has been released that states that Valve has been contacted by EA about the purchase of their company several times in the past.
    Two people "with knowledge of the discussion" told The New York Times that the Half-Life and Portal developer has been contacted by Electronic Arts for years.

No further information has been discussed/revealed at this point.
    For more detail on the topic, visit the The New York Times article here: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/09/te...pagewanted=all

Steam's Big Picture
    Today you can test Steam's Big Picture. It's a new mode that lets you access all of your favorite Steam games on a television. With the press of a button, Steam displays a new full-screen user interface optimized for readability and interaction on TV. Big Picture has been designed to be used with a traditional game controller, while also fully supporting keyboard and mouse input.

For more information about Steam's Big Picture visit the official website here: Big Picture

First Titles get Steam's Greenlight
    Valve announced yesterday that the first set of titles submitted through Steam Greenlight have earned critical mass and been picked up for worldwide distribution.
    The first set of titles to launch via Greenlight will be released independently in the months ahead (as they are varying stages of completion).

The first 10 titles coming to Steam from Greenlight are:
    • Black Mesa
    • Cry of Fear
    • Dream
    • Heroes & Generals
    • Kenshi
    • McPixel
    • No More Room in Hell
    • Project Zomboid
    • Routine
    • Towns

Miners Wars 2081 Three Playable Missions + Getting Close to Beta
    As you may know Miner Wars 2081 is currently in Alpha, however they announced the public beta is very close, maybe just a few weeks or just days. Before this beta they bring out three playable missions in the new public alpha build, although you may experience glitches and minor bugs, you should be able to finish them and it is also possible they will get even further.
    The first mission is almost final beside the second and third which are missing voice overs. The campaign will have 31 story missions, every mission should take 30 minutes to finish and that brings us to almost 15 hours of gameplay, plus unlimited amount of time in free-roaming mode, in-game editor and multiplayer.
    The new build brings:
    • First three playable missions (voice overs still missing)
    • Enemy ship sizes increased by 50% (easier aiming and it looks better)
    • New gameplay elements: merchants, mining, drilling, turrets, terminals and 50 weapons
    • 15 deathmatch sectors
    • Hall of Fame – multiplayer sector with posters of our contributors
    • Optimizations – now the game should run better even on weaker PCs
    • Co-op – it’s in the game, you can play with your friends, but it is still bugy and non-host players will have unsynchronized objectives

And if you want this game to be available on Steam, vote it up on Steam Greenlight: Steam Greenlight :: Miner Wars 2081

IndieGameStand - New Indie Games Every 4 Days + Free Game
    Need more indie games? IndieGameStand.com is a new website that is coming September 26, it offers a new indie game every 4 days. They claim their self as "A new way to buy indie games" and use the same way as other websites where you pay what you want.
    Every game you buy from IndieGameStand is DRM-free. All of your purchases are stored in your Digital Game Wallet so you can download them anytime, to any computer. Plus, many games come with Steam and Desura keys.
    And yes you could guess it, 10% of the proceeds go towards the charity chosen by the game's developer.
    If you sign up right now you get a free copy of Chester a 2D platformer.
    Visit their website for more info @ https://indiegamestand.com/ .

Black Mesa Now Available
    Yes it's finally here, the Black Mesa mod is ready to download. Black Mesa (formerly Black Mesa: Source) is a Half-Life 2 total conversion remaking of Half-Life.
    Utilizing the Source engine, Black Mesa will reintroduce the player as Gordon Freeman, along with the original cast of memorable characters and environments seen in Half-Life. It should be noted that the project is being built from the ground up and is not a simple port of Half Life maps and models into the Source Engine. The idea is to remake the storyline used in Half Life into a new polished Source Engine version with new models, maps, soundtrack, voice acting and textures.
    Remember this mod will be available on Steam very soon.
    You can download it right from their official website: Black Mesa: Re-visit the world that started the Half-Life continuum[/QUOTE]

3D Printing does it again
    It seems that almost every other week; innovations in 3D printing reveal new, fascinating phenomena and the huge potential this technology has. A few months ago I wrote about 3D printers working on a macro scale. Prototypes demonstrated the capability to construct an entire high in less than 24 hours. The mass production of homes.

But today, progress occurs on the other side of the spectrum. The Chen Research Group has designed a technique that allows them to print 3D blood vessels, in seconds. Typical 3D printing techniques are photolithography and stereolithography. Photolithography exposes photosensitive liquid polymers to light, and hardens them, layer by layer. It’s able to accurately create very small objects, but it has problems replicating curves. Stereolythography involves lacing layer over layer of plastic to attain the desirable shape. This method is very fast, and can accurately recreate large tools. Chen Research group essentially took the best of both worlds and combined the methods to create DOPsl (dynamic optical projection stereolithography). Basically, light is directed very accurately, using micromirrors, at a photosensitive biogel containing biopolymers and cells. As a result, the entire structure is formed at once, instead of layer by layer.

We already have the ability to grow a multitude of organs, such as kidneys and liver. This technique just brings us one step closer to medical immortality.

Right to a peaceful assembly? Fuck that shit
    So apparently Apple filed an interesting new patent. Basically, the patent allows the police to simulate a localized press black out specific to your wireless devices. Your phones will stop recording at a flick of a switch. Your phones will stop working at any public gathering or venue that is deemed “sensitive”, and in need to be “protected from externalities.” Apple claims the patent is mostly intended to prevent copyright infringement by not allowing wireless devices to record unauthorized bootlegged footage at a venue such as a concerts or movie theatres. It also says in fine print, “covert police or government operations may require complete ‘blackout’ conditions.” That means any wireless device with GPS, cellular signal, or wifi, could rendered useless at peaceful protest. But it’s ok. “Sensitive venue” may or may not include, police brutality, violation of constitutional rights, use of excessive force, etc. On the “bright side”, the technology is implemented at the government’s discretion. So your dictator makes the decision, not Apple. Phew.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

---

The News team is hard at work at our new aspect of the team, the MPGH Newsletter! The first Newsletter will be sent out on September 30th, 2012. Be on the lookout for that. Give us your feedback, suggestions.
    Last edited by Psychotic; 09-15-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator Since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ Since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion Since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion Since 06.06.2016
    Middleman Since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion Since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member Since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Ameer (09-16-2012),[MPGH]Austin (09-15-2012),Smaug (09-14-2012),cyberezpertz (09-16-2012),DawgiiStylz (09-15-2012),Delko DJ (09-15-2012),Doc (09-15-2012),[MPGH]Hero (09-16-2012),Lightning (09-16-2012),[MPGH]Liz (09-15-2012),Nico (09-15-2012),Ohusen (09-15-2012),Paul (09-15-2012),RedSpot (09-15-2012),[MPGH]Royce (09-15-2012),Viktor (09-16-2012),[SMA] Paradise` (09-15-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Was a nice read! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebulaa View Post
    Was a nice read! Thanks for sharing.
    Sure. Glad you liked it.

Minion+ Since 07.22.2016

Member Since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    As always, epic!
    Member Level 1 since 4/20/11 - 8/4/14
    Member Level 2 since 8/4/14 - present

Thanks
    Only if there was a second interview

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I'm being interviews also.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thanks for all the news,enjoyed reading it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Complixity View Post
    Only if there was a second interview
    Yeah, @Hero is just so confused. He's confused with life.

Minion+ Since 07.22.2016

Member Since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

Yeah, Hero is just so confused. He's confused with life.
    Shit happens. It'll be better soon, I hope.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Mentioning yourself

and nice interview
    Rep. Power: 111

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Good edition this week.

RIP Vile Rat

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    You all are getting very good at this

Thanks
    Great job and gratz on your 2K

سبحان الله وبحمدة سبحان الله العظيم
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    @Psychotic , my birthday is 9/9 same as Sirius
    Great thread ^^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    You didn't mention about the Steam Box (Console)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast