Thread: Truthology

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 224
  1. #76
    Obama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Black house
    Posts
    22,197
    Reputation
    870
    Thanks
    6,074
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    I AM GOD. THAT IS WHY I DO NOT BELIEVE IN MYSELF.

    WHY BELIEVE IF YOU KNOW? LOGIC.
    Your to prideful to admit that theres something in this world bigger than yourself. Let your head shrink and let the lord be head over your life. Believe that he died for are sins and you shall be saved. Believe my gender confused brother. BELIEVE

    Amen

  2. #77
    Inna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    11,161
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    270
    My Mood
    Tired
    Shut the motherfuck up and obey me.

  3. #78
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Let me get your bullshit straight, this "God", creates the universe 14 billion years ago, waits 10 billion years to "create" the earth to then wait another 3.99 billion years to tell a bunch a desert people how to live? Sounds likely. I advise you refer to Occam's Razor.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  4. #79
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Let me get your bullshit straight, this "God", creates the universe 14 billion years ago, waits 10 billion years to "create" the earth to then wait another 3.99 billion years to tell a bunch a desert people how to live? Sounds likely. I advise you refer to Occam's Razor.

    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post
    First off, the correct spelling is: "cult".

    Second, this is a religion.
    Ted, the only things that separates a cult from a religion is time frame.

    Quote Originally Posted by moosicgawd View Post
    And how exactly do you know theres no god?
    Same way we know there are no unicorns or leprechauns or invisible pink unicorns. Before you even start, asking to prove a negative is nonsense.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 04-06-2009 at 07:17 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  5. #80
    Obama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Black house
    Posts
    22,197
    Reputation
    870
    Thanks
    6,074
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Let me get your bullshit straight, this "God", creates the universe 14 billion years ago, waits 10 billion years to "create" the earth to then wait another 3.99 billion years to tell a bunch a desert people how to live? Sounds likely. I advise you refer to Occam's Razor.



    Ted, the only things that separates a cult from a religion is time frame.
    Before the Universe there was no time. TIME is a measurement, that we use to denote the relationship between 2 physical events. The proximity between event 1 ocurring before or after event 2.

    But TIME is something humans have developed to keep track of events and because we experience our existence linearly, that is, event 1 happens and then event 2, once 2 happens, we can't go back (non-linearly) to event 1. Likewise, we can't experience things out of sequence like Event 7, Event 3, Event 1, Event 6, etc. -- So we MUST experience things more or less as they occurr with no ability to skip ahead or go back.

    Before the Universe existed, there was no physical reality, thus no time.
    Since God is non-linear in how he experiences time (by simple virtue of being all knowning and all powerful) AGAIN, time couldn't have existed back then, before the Universe.

    SO, we, as linear, physical beings, simply can't answer that question, because it supposes measuring something that didn't exist.


    It would be similar to asking "How far apart were Pluto and the Sun, before the Sun or Pluto even existed?

    We are therefore left with 2 possibilities from OUR perspective. 1) No time..so no wait, ergo Universe created nearly instantly 2) No time, no way of knowing, so nearly Infinitely.

    So the lack of time means our answer is from 0 to infinity with no way to refine it or way to get anymore precise than that.
    Anotherwards.. WE DON'T KNOW.

    I'm not trying to insult your intelligence. I thoroughly enjoyed your question. It is just that we can't possibly answer that.


    In the bible it says god wanted people to praise him so thats why he made us.

  6. #81
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    i wanna be a member, put me on that list.


  7. #82
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    Before the Universe there was no time. TIME is a measurement, that we use to denote the relationship between 2 physical events. The proximity between event 1 ocurring before or after event 2.

    But TIME is something humans have developed to keep track of events and because we experience our existence linearly, that is, event 1 happens and then event 2, once 2 happens, we can't go back (non-linearly) to event 1. Likewise, we can't experience things out of sequence like Event 7, Event 3, Event 1, Event 6, etc. -- So we MUST experience things more or less as they occurr with no ability to skip ahead or go back.

    Before the Universe existed, there was no physical reality, thus no time.
    Since God is non-linear in how he experiences time (by simple virtue of being all knowning and all powerful) AGAIN, time couldn't have existed back then, before the Universe.

    SO, we, as linear, physical beings, simply can't answer that question, because it supposes measuring something that didn't exist.


    It would be similar to asking "How far apart were Pluto and the Sun, before the Sun or Pluto even existed?

    We are therefore left with 2 possibilities from OUR perspective. 1) No time..so no wait, ergo Universe created nearly instantly 2) No time, no way of knowing, so nearly Infinitely.

    So the lack of time means our answer is from 0 to infinity with no way to refine it or way to get anymore precise than that.
    Anotherwards.. WE DON'T KNOW.

    I'm not trying to insult your intelligence. I thoroughly enjoyed your question. It is just that we can't possibly answer that.


    In the bible it says god wanted people to praise him so thats why he made us.

    No you're start with the presumption that a God exists, therefore your conclusion is obviously subject to your bias. We don't know what existed before the universe was formed, there could have been plenty of other things before our universe, or at least our understanding of the universe. Man didn't develop time, we are subject to time, we became aware of time and thus needed a way to measure it. I need you to first define "God", then bring the proof that your God is omnipotent and omniscient.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  8. #83
    Dorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under Join Date :@
    Posts
    2,891
    Reputation
    25
    Thanks
    353
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Dude... think
    what if this really become a major religion?

    This could accomplish a lot



  9. #84
    Obama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Black house
    Posts
    22,197
    Reputation
    870
    Thanks
    6,074
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    No you're start with the presumption that a God exists, therefore your conclusion is obviously subject to your bias. We don't know what existed before the universe was formed, there could have been plenty of other things before our universe, or at least our understanding of the universe. Man didn't develop time, we are subject to time, we became aware of time and thus needed a way to measure it. I need you to first define "God", then bring the proof that your God is omnipotent and omniscient.
    Thats where the faith factor comes in. You know, believing without seeing. The bible says the very air and trees confess that there is a god. There is no visual references I can give you. Its more of a spiritual thing than one can only learn by believing.

    Most of the time pride clouds peoples judgment. Theyve been believing that god doesnt exist, yet, they cant give factual information to prove their point.

    Theres nothing I can give or show you. You have to study the bible and figure it out for yourself.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Obama For This Useful Post:

    Dorado (04-06-2009)

  11. #85
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Confiscation1 View Post
    Dude... think
    what if this really become a major religion?

    This could accomplish a lot
    A lot? A lot of brainwashing? A lot of people with compartmentalized logic?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  12. #86
    Dj Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    39
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    16
    I Support Truthology.
    Last edited by Dj Ryan; 04-07-2009 at 12:04 AM.

  13. #87
    Dorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under Join Date :@
    Posts
    2,891
    Reputation
    25
    Thanks
    353
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Yup Obama is right

    Faith is the very things that creates these organizations



  14. #88
    Obama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Black house
    Posts
    22,197
    Reputation
    870
    Thanks
    6,074
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    A lot? A lot of brainwashing? A lot of people with compartmentalized logic?
    THIS IS THE ANTI CHRIST PEOPLE. REVELATIONS SPEAKS OF THIS. DONT BELIEVE HIM.

    BLASPHEMY

  15. #89
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    Thats where the faith factor comes in. You know, believing without seeing. The bible says the very air and trees confess that there is a god. There is no visual references I can give you. Its more of a spiritual thing than one can only learn by believing.
    Faith makes a virtue out of not thinking.

    Most of the time pride clouds peoples judgment. Theyve been believing that god doesnt exist, yet, they cant give factual information to prove their point.
    I'm sorry are you a fucking idiot? Can you bring me factual evidence unicorns don't exist? You have to take it on faith that unicorns exist because the communist godless scientists have been lying to us, they won't show us the unicorns but we KNOW they exist. You are making an absolute statement, "God exists", you are making a claim, to convince people of this claim you need to bring evidence. Well I guess some people are gullible enough to believe without evidence. But I digress, to invalidate your claim all I need to do is disprove your evidence for a God, whether that evidence be self-contradictory or pure false. I don't need to "disprove God", all I have to do is disprove your evidence. No one can disprove that which doesn't exist, your asking me to prove a negative which is NEVER DONE because it's fucking ridiculous.

    Theres nothing I can give or show you. You have to study the bible and figure it out for yourself.
    1. If you can't bring any evidence don't be shocked if I call your claim false.
    2. Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Every fucking week, I go to church with my parents, Thursday is bible study, Saturday is youth group, and Sunday is a 3-hour service, don't give me that "just read the bible" bullshit. I've gone through 16 years of the bible being beaten into my head.


    ~ The Gospel of Paroxysm (1:32-4:165)
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  16. #90
    Dorado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under Join Date :@
    Posts
    2,891
    Reputation
    25
    Thanks
    353
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    look at his definition of christianity...



Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TRUTHOLOGY IS BACK
    By Juan in forum General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 04:28 AM
  2. Join Truthology for Hacks
    By Hyperion in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 09:32 PM

Tags for this Thread