Welcome to 'Murica!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    lol why thank you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Thanks, Thanks alot. You view our system as bad. But in America we have the same feeling as yours.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Thanks, Thanks alot. You view our system as bad. But in America we have the same feeling as yours.
    Most educated Americans think the metric system is fantastic and the customary system is a sack of shit.

Thanks
    Funny how in any world terror movie or something, USA is always the one to get fucked over first, Canada is and always will be #1 <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Haters goin to hate, I don't feel like learning 2nd grade crap again, I just stick to lbs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    You mean, you think that the USA is number 1 and the rest of the world is so fucking retarded they won't switch to the imperial? Really?

People switched from imperial to metric, not the other way around.

The metric system takes about 25 minutes to learn, and there are even and consistant conversion factors which are exactly the same for all units. The Imperial system has an endless number of inconsistant and (seemingly) random conversion factors. You have different names for different magnitudes of different units. Anyone learning imperial from initially knowing metric can't get ten minutes into it without getting blown away at how fucking stupid it is.

It's like saying one word is equal to 4 letters, and 13 words is equal a sentence, and 9 sentences is equal to a paragraph, and 8 paragraphs is equal to an essay, and 3 essays is equal to a shortstory and 7 shortstories is equal to a novel and two novels is equal to a journal.

Where as in metric it would be:
    1 letter = 1 letter
    2k letters = 2 * 10^3 letters
    2M letters = 2 * 10^6 letters
    2G letters = 2 * 10^9
    2T letters = 2*10^12
    2P letters = 2*10^15
    2E letters = 2*10^18

etc... doesn't that make a lot more sense? Consider how incredibly easy it is to convert from one magnitude to the other.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 09-25-2012 at 04:40 AM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Lol did not understood a ord but Uk is all diferent from US

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    You mean, you think that the USA is number 1 and the rest of the world is so fucking retarded they won't switch to the imperial? Really?

People switched from imperial to metric, not the other way around.

The metric system takes about 25 minutes to learn, and there are even and consistant conversion factors which are exactly the same for all units. The Imperial system has an endless number of inconsistant and (seemingly) random conversion factors. You have different names for different magnitudes of different units. Anyone learning imperial from initially knowing metric can't get ten minutes into it without getting blown away at how fucking stupid it is.

It's like saying one word is equal to 4 letters, and 13 words is equal a sentence, and 9 sentences is equal to a paragraph, and 8 paragraphs is equal to an essay, and 3 essays is equal to a shortstory and 7 shortstories is equal to a novel and two novels is equal to a journal.

Where as in metric it would be:
    1 letter = 1 letter
    2k letters = 2 ^ 10^3 letters
    2M letters = 2 * 10^6 letters
    2G letters = 2 * 10^9
    2T letters = 2*10^12
    2P letters = 2*10^15
    2E letters = 2*10^18

etc... doesn't that make a lot more sense? Consider how incredibly easy it is to convert from one magnitude to the other.
    I think we should keep the imperial system just to make jeta rage
    obv hes too dumb to understand a different measuring system (I know how to use metric but i prefer to use it to make jeta mad)

This total message was around 10 inches long

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Guns n' imperial measurement system.

Welcome to 'Murica.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    If it was as simple as switching to it overnight we would have done it already. Who's gonna pony down the time and money it would take to change 100 million miles of road signs? Who's going to re-educate all the red necks that you don't go 60 mp/h in a 60 km/h zone? Do all the pre-existing regulations and standards have a KG equivalent?

There are some just as stupid things in the metric system that make the SI system desirable being either too big or too small for most common uses.

Bitch all you want, but some things don't follow natural order of 10s. Hence why we don't have a real SI time tracking. The real fact is outside of hand conversions, it doesn't really make a difference, and the fact that most people aren't science majors, no one really cares. Even engineers don't care because most of the won't ever do it by hand, even though the conversion skills are still needed just to make sure you don't screw something up (e.g. 1 mile suddenly became 16 KM). Personally I can't visualize some of the metric system that well, I have to manually convert KM to miles in my head just to get a sense of whatever it may be I'm looking at.

Not saying it won't happen, just saying it's not going to happen overnight especially with more "important" issues on the table. They would probably have to make everything have both systems initially, and phase out the old system after 10 years or something.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

12. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

unicorn69 (09-25-2012)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123