Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    KingDot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Goodbye
    Posts
    11,806
    Reputation
    1167
    Thanks
    1,333
    My Mood
    Busy

    EZPZLEMONSQZ 3D Programs? [Help]

    What is the easiest 3D modeling program out there to do simple things like making hats for TF2 workshop / Dota 2 workshop or what not

    Like Cinema 4D / 3Ds Max / Blender / Autodesk Maya / etc

    Not sure if most of MPGH community has even touched a 3D program before

    Help ?

    My friend used Blender to make his item, but idk
    Love you all


    ~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~




    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

  2. #2
    Diminished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,683
    Reputation
    372
    Thanks
    1,102
    My Mood
    Tired
    I have, and personally, I have used Cinema 4D. I think it's the most used, you can find many tutorials online on YouTube

  3. #3
    KingDot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Goodbye
    Posts
    11,806
    Reputation
    1167
    Thanks
    1,333
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Diminished View Post
    I have, and personally, I have used Cinema 4D. I think it's the most used, you can find many tutorials online on YouTube
    I've used Cinema 4D, but only for some particle effects and some studio effects thing. Never actually MODELED in it :x
    Love you all


    ~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~




    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

  4. #4
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    3ds max is the best. Most plugins available, most widely used by developers, etc. Maya is powerful but it's a bitch. Cinema 4d...just eh. Blender is good if you have the right plugins.

  5. #5
    KingDot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Goodbye
    Posts
    11,806
    Reputation
    1167
    Thanks
    1,333
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    3ds max is the best. Most plugins available, most widely used by developers, etc. Maya is powerful but it's a bitch. Cinema 4d...just eh. Blender is good if you have the right plugins.
    Learning blender right now. I feel like Cinema 4D is more for... "cinemas" xD

    3Ds max seems amazing, as most games kinda use it.

    Maya is required for more harder stuff I guess. iunno

    And what do you mean by plugins?

    Like what sort of plugins?

    Modeling my first Soda Can in Blender :3
    Love you all


    ~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~




    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

  6. #6
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot View Post


    Learning blender right now. I feel like Cinema 4D is more for... "cinemas" xD

    3Ds max seems amazing, as most games kinda use it.

    Maya is required for more harder stuff I guess. iunno

    And what do you mean by plugins?

    Like what sort of plugins?

    Modeling my first Soda Can in Blender :3
    Maya is good for massive projects such as construction of a building/bridge and fine tuning details for diagrams etc. More business like. 3DS Max is my favorite, you can use it for CGI (the final fantasy movie was made using a few other programs but one of them was the older 3ds max), modeling, mapping, well basically everything. Scratch that, you can use 3DS max for EVERYTHING. Even setting up skeletal mesh, animations, bone rendering, and you can export all of these as separate files for video games. The program covers absolutely everything for every game. There's a plugin for everything. By plugins I mean addons that allow you to export these files for whatever you need, there's a fuckload here (maxplugins) and there's a lot of plugins for sale by Autodesk themselves (you can download them cracked of course).
    3DS Max is also fairly simple to learn to do the basics, and the advanced features you learn as you go.

  7. #7
    KingDot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Goodbye
    Posts
    11,806
    Reputation
    1167
    Thanks
    1,333
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Maya is good for massive projects such as construction of a building/bridge and fine tuning details for diagrams etc. More business like. 3DS Max is my favorite, you can use it for CGI (the final fantasy movie was made using a few other programs but one of them was the older 3ds max), modeling, mapping, well basically everything. Scratch that, you can use 3DS max for EVERYTHING. Even setting up skeletal mesh, animations, bone rendering, and you can export all of these as separate files for video games. The program covers absolutely everything for every game. There's a plugin for everything. By plugins I mean addons that allow you to export these files for whatever you need, there's a fuckload here (maxplugins) and there's a lot of plugins for sale by Autodesk themselves (you can download them cracked of course).
    3DS Max is also fairly simple to learn to do the basics, and the advanced features you learn as you go.
    Thanks for the info

    I may as well look into 3Ds Max. Blender I find is somewhat confusing as in a sense of what you can actually DO with it.

    For some 3Ds Max tuts, I've seen some interesting thing. Most 3Ds max are about modeling creatures and stuff

    For Blender tuts, I've seen some I guess your average thing. Cups / houses / etc

    Not sure which has more tutorials, blender or 3Ds Max. I'm kind of debating between these two now.

    When you first started 3Ds max, was it easy? Hard? Confusing. I know it may seem probably easy to you or whatever now, but like how was your experience with it?
    Love you all


    ~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~




    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

  8. #8
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot View Post


    Thanks for the info

    I may as well look into 3Ds Max. Blender I find is somewhat confusing as in a sense of what you can actually DO with it.

    For some 3Ds Max tuts, I've seen some interesting thing. Most 3Ds max are about modeling creatures and stuff

    For Blender tuts, I've seen some I guess your average thing. Cups / houses / etc

    Not sure which has more tutorials, blender or 3Ds Max. I'm kind of debating between these two now.

    When you first started 3Ds max, was it easy? Hard? Confusing. I know it may seem probably easy to you or whatever now, but like how was your experience with it?
    It was a pain in the dick I started using it back when Halo Custom Edition first came out. I used it to model and make maps and whatnot, every tutorial on everything I know about 3DS Max I learned from youtube tutorials for modding Halo Custom Edition. They have everything from making an SMG, to having Master Chief do a backflip everytime he jumps

  9. #9
    KingDot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Goodbye
    Posts
    11,806
    Reputation
    1167
    Thanks
    1,333
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    It was a pain in the dick I started using it back when Halo Custom Edition first came out. I used it to model and make maps and whatnot, every tutorial on everything I know about 3DS Max I learned from youtube tutorials for modding Halo Custom Edition. They have everything from making an SMG, to having Master Chief do a backflip everytime he jumps
    So I guess Plugins are just fancier things



    And aww that sucks Guess you gotta go through the pain and what not lol

    I hope this works out. Wanna model something on my own without any tutorials from YouTube
    Love you all


    ~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~




    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

  10. #10
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot View Post


    So I guess Plugins are just fancier things



    And aww that sucks Guess you gotta go through the pain and what not lol

    I hope this works out. Wanna model something on my own without any tutorials from YouTube
    There are a lot of shortcuts for it, like you can make a black blob in paint and somehow transfer it to create an entire terrain for a map, modeled out and whatnot in five seconds. I just forget how Once you learn the basics you'll figure the shortcuts out and it makes it so much better to use than any other 3d program out there

  11. #11
    KingDot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Goodbye
    Posts
    11,806
    Reputation
    1167
    Thanks
    1,333
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    There are a lot of shortcuts for it, like you can make a black blob in paint and somehow transfer it to create an entire terrain for a map, modeled out and whatnot in five seconds. I just forget how Once you learn the basics you'll figure the shortcuts out and it makes it so much better to use than any other 3d program out there
    3Ds Max or Cryengine? :x

    Are they even used for the same thing -.- derp

    I know CryEngine is for like games and stuff. Do you important 3D models from 3Ds Max / Blender or w/e INTO CryEngine to make your little game thing?

    And what's 3Ds Max Dreamscape? What are all these random things
    Last edited by KingDot; 10-07-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    Love you all


    ~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~




    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

  12. #12
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot View Post


    3Ds Max or Cryengine? :x

    Are they even used for the same thing -.- derp

    I know CryEngine is for like games and stuff. Do you important 3D models from 3Ds Max / Blender or w/e INTO CryEngine to make your little game thing?

    And what's 3Ds Max Dreamscape? What are all these random things
    CryEngine is the Crysis gaming Engine. Completely separate from 3DS Max. 3DS Max is specific for model building, animation, mapping, bone and hotbox designation, etc. you use it to map out everything you see 3D wise ingame.

    Dreamscape is a set of plugins that help you render EXTREMELY realistic models and shit

  13. #13
    KingDot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Goodbye
    Posts
    11,806
    Reputation
    1167
    Thanks
    1,333
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    CryEngine is the Crysis gaming Engine. Completely separate from 3DS Max. 3DS Max is specific for model building, animation, mapping, bone and hotbox designation, etc. you use it to map out everything you see 3D wise ingame.

    Dreamscape is a set of plugins that help you render EXTREMELY realistic models and shit
    K. Thanks for all the help Wish me good luck
    Love you all


    ~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~




    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

  14. #14
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot View Post


    K. Thanks for all the help Wish me good luck
    Good luck mah nigga

Similar Threads

  1. [Help Request] I want to learn how to program! Help Needed please
    By ballin299 in forum Minecraft Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 03:07 PM
  2. Socket Programming help
    By itouchlover in forum C# Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 01:19 PM
  3. need programming help! (C++)
    By Orteez in forum Homework & Learning Section
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 09:26 PM
  4. HACKING program help
    By zmansquared in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 02:27 PM
  5. Hey All You Programers Help Me!!!
    By kimodragon in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 12:46 AM