Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Stopping CyberBulling?

Cyberbulling seems to be a big topic recently. What would you guys say should be done to prevent it?

Personally I think introducing everyone to sites like 4chan and such or even just forumssage boards. I feel like if people took shit there they would be able to handle things better from people they may know.

thoughts?
    Still love you Giggletron

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I honestly don't get hurt from people insulting me over the internet, but I have been called out by a few people at once and it kind of made me feel bad. But I don't really give any shits anymore now that my social life has skyrocketed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    I honestly don't get hurt from people insulting me over the internet, but I have been called out by a few people at once and it kind of made me feel bad. But I don't really give any shits anymore now that my social life has skyrocketed.
    i dont either. but apparently its a problem for some people if they kill themselves.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Don't show your privates on the web and keep your head on straight. All there is to it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paladin For This Useful Post:

Rattle (10-15-2012)

Thanks
    mpgh should have a strict no cyber bullying policy since theirs a lot of young people in the game sections

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    just the internet,1 out of 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000 that you will ever meet that person anyways.If you are bullied,just stay the hell off the computer then.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftdude View Post
    Cyberbulling seems to be a big topic recently. What would you guys say should be done to prevent it?

Personally I think introducing everyone to sites like 4chan and such or even just forumssage boards. I feel like if people took shit there they would be able to handle things better from people they may know.

thoughts?
    honestly i think cyberbullying is just a bunch of bullshit. people i dont know in person talk shit about me i take it and i ignore it. people i know in person talk shit about me and i talk shit back and thats about it. the case usually is they have bad lifes and for them to makes themselfs feel better they talk shit about other people ignore it and be the bigger man simply block them on Facebook problem solved? or if its somewhere else then block them there aswell its not that hard i think thats why the creators of the site created a block button?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    just the internet,1 out of 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000 that you will ever meet that person anyways.If you are bullied,just stay the hell off the computer then.
    thats not always the case. most cyberbulling cases are from classmates and such.

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Don't do stupid shit and put your pics on the web so shit like this won't happen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    People communicating through internet is completely different when communicating in person. Meaning a lot of people who chat through internet sound like some mindless faggots that don't know how to control themselves.
    Want to get giftcards, electronics, and much more ..for FREE?

P2S is the way to go. It offers countless amount of items at cheap rates. It has everything from giftcards to paypal money.

To get started...

Go to any web-browsing software, and type in "https://w w w. p o i n t s 2 s h o p . c o m ? r e f =uin1392610755" without the quotes and spaces. Hit Enter. Register and verify your account by going into your e-mail.

At the top, go to "Profile" and Edit your account info and demographics (You will get pts for this). Then, go to Earn Points, and click on any offer you'd like and do those. You will get points. Once you have enough points, scroll over to "Spend Points" at the top and click on whatever category you would like, then buy the item.

Have fun!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftdude View Post

thats not always the case. most cyberbulling cases are from classmates and such.
    well I think that they should not being doing things that would get involved with it,and if it has happened just talk to someone about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Alright look, bullying has always been around. I've been through it, I know plenty of others that have and are just peachy now.
    I'm not really sure why kids feel this is a reason to go kill themselves.
    I'm guessing it's this generation, and how there is more garbage influences out there than good ones.
    I think kids are growing up too fast, or at least attempting to do so.
    At a young age you shouldn't have to feel burdened by living up to certain standards,
    because if you don't do what this trendy cunt does, or that trendy cunt does, you are less worthy of a human.
    I think society as a whole is what is failing these kids. Not bullying.
    If you look at the music industry, you have all of these completely shitty "artists" promoting how to live like a scumbag,
    and they are obviously advertising this stuff to kids.

I really can't attack parenting, because in most cases the kids are sneaky about it.
    They put a facade on while their around the parents, then act completely different while around friends.
    The only productive thing a parent can do is instill good morals, promote getting into academics, sports stuff that keeps them away from the grimey shit.
    I'm not going to say I'm against anti-bullying campaigns. I'm more or less saying that it's going to have little effect.
    There will always be good kids, and punk kids. There isn't anything that will change that.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 10-15-2012 at 01:30 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Distress1337 (10-15-2012),Doc (10-15-2012),[MPGH]Hero (10-15-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    It's mainly because people are so close minded nowadays. If you don't "look/act" a certain way, you get criticized by someone somewhere. Whether it be in real life, or through the internet people will always judge you. And some people just can't handle it.

I try my hardest on a daily basis not to be a hypocrite. I try to accept other people's views, as stupid as they may be, I might give my opinion but I won't change them.

Point is: You might be hurting someone without knowing it, so just keep an open mind.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    There are kids dying from hunger every day in poorer countries. There are boys who are taken from their mothers at a very young age and later forced to rape them and kill them, along with everyone else in the village. There are people who leave their houses at dawn and come back at midnight just to bring some water to their families. But no- let's worry about the fat kid with the glasses who is getting picked verbally by 3 other students. That's the most relevant news right now.

Moral decline is not the use of alcohol. Moral decline is not the use of drugs. Moral decline is not bullying others. Moral decline, in my opinion, is thinking that because a kid -however young he is- is bullied by one of his classmates, it becomes the worst tragedy ever and we have to do everything to stop it. Arrogance is the new fragrance of First World Countries societies, but for fucks sake let us get our priorities straight.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Who being bullied over the internet? Actually, how can you?
    Ion get it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast