Thread: Gaming laptop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 57 of 57
  1. #46
    Ace666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MW3
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    100
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Either you are stupid ,or you aren`t even reading what I am writing.... First of HP doesn't make shitty laptops ,but shitty people buy them and treat them like morons... Second Lenovo has 1-2 models witch don't break and from what you are saying you are working with them (business class) ,so you have luck.Dell is waaaay over ASUS in term of quality and lifespan . My "pseudo-experience" comes from repairing the machines and knowing practically everything about what could be broken .... I say HP and DELL with DELL being the primary manufacturer of interest. Also if you send back and forward laptops its because they aren't fixed properly ( most do it that way so they could be brought back....). Motherboards don`t break that easily if you don't treat the machine like an idiot . A laptop treated well could stay in working order no matter how many years its used , here we are just pointing out witch will stay the longest in working order. Again on the Lenovos in the middle and lower class break down every day , from my work ,about 25% are Lenovos (not old ones ,but new ones ... ) , The problems are mostly with battery life , USB connectors , display backlight and etc.. In term of lifespan IBM (Lenovo) Think Pads (from the highest class) are the strongest and that is a fact. Read before speaking .. It makes you look idiotic. (don't get offended)




  2. #47
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace666 View Post
    Either you are stupid ,or you aren`t even reading what I am writing.... First of HP doesn't make shitty laptops ,but shitty people buy them and treat them like morons... Second Lenovo has 1-2 models witch don't break and from what you are saying you are working with them (business class) ,so you have luck.Dell is waaaay over ASUS in term of quality and lifespan . My "pseudo-experience" comes from repairing the machines and knowing practically everything about what could be broken .... I say HP and DELL with DELL being the primary manufacturer of interest. Also if you send back and forward laptops its because they aren't fixed properly ( most do it that way so they could be brought back....). Motherboards don`t break that easily if you don't treat the machine like an idiot . A laptop treated well could stay in working order no matter how many years its used , here we are just pointing out witch will stay the longest in working order. Again on the Lenovos in the middle and lower class break down every day , from my work ,about 25% are Lenovos (not old ones ,but new ones ... ) , The problems are mostly with battery life , USB connectors , display backlight and etc.. In term of lifespan IBM (Lenovo) Think Pads (from the highest class) are the strongest and that is a fact. Read before speaking .. It makes you look idiotic. (don't get offended)
    My motherboard broke on my Toshiba satellite laptop after I installed a manufacturer recommended update. Software can cause crappy motherboards to break.
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  3. #48
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace666 View Post
    Either you are stupid ,or you aren`t even reading what I am writing.... First of HP doesn't make shitty laptops ,but shitty people buy them and treat them like morons... Second Lenovo has 1-2 models witch don't break and from what you are saying you are working with them (business class) ,so you have luck.Dell is waaaay over ASUS in term of quality and lifespan . My "pseudo-experience" comes from repairing the machines and knowing practically everything about what could be broken .... I say HP and DELL with DELL being the primary manufacturer of interest. Also if you send back and forward laptops its because they aren't fixed properly ( most do it that way so they could be brought back....). Motherboards don`t break that easily if you don't treat the machine like an idiot . A laptop treated well could stay in working order no matter how many years its used , here we are just pointing out witch will stay the longest in working order. Again on the Lenovos in the middle and lower class break down every day , from my work ,about 25% are Lenovos (not old ones ,but new ones ... ) , The problems are mostly with battery life , USB connectors , display backlight and etc.. In term of lifespan IBM (Lenovo) Think Pads (from the highest class) are the strongest and that is a fact. Read before speaking .. It makes you look idiotic. (don't get offended)
    1. Ah, yes they do. Incredibly shitty. And no I don't think film producers do treat them like shit. I think the laptops are treated much the same anyone else with half a brain would treat them. That doesn't stop them from having failing regulators, faulty HDD controllers, and faulty Ethernet controllers, and pretty much faulty everything else. Hell my father bought a DV9008T which was top of the range years ago, and he had nothing but headaches from the quality of the build and had a nightmare with their repair centres. Eventually the whole just shat itself. He sent it back for repairs (luckily this was just within his extended warranty of 3 years) and according to their own reports it had 17 major faults. FUCKING 17. None of the was the fault of the customer (the laptop was always kept on a solid plywood board to ensure maximum airflow and was never put under any sort of stress test, until it started to crumble at which point even opening Firefox was a challenge) and were all design faults admitted by HP. At work we've become good friends with our HP Next-Day Support Technician because we see him every fucking week.

    2. What you say about Lenovo's doesn't make any sense. They only have 3 laptop ranges and only 2 of those ranges are catered towards higher end markets. Both ranges are of exceptional quality and are highly regarded in every field. They're are used by astronauts for a reason. They are built like a brickhouse. I'd say they're on par with MBPs for build quality (although newers MBPs have a fragile screen). Both are near invinsible. The only downfall Lenovo has is that a lot of their older products suffered from manufacturing faults and also suffered from crappy key switches.

    3. No DELL is not waaaaay over Asus. Granted their support is much better than Asus (that's if you opt for their higher tier support packages otherwise your fucked) but their build quality is not waaaay over Asus. Across the IT community Dell is regarded as one of the lowest in quality control and if you encounter a fault outside of the initial 90 day period you're pretty much screwed unless you opted for their more costly warranties.

    4. We are sending our laptops off-site for repairs by HP. We also receive on-site repairs from HP. Not only do they sell crappy laptops, they can't even fix their own laptops. They just replace the parts with another crappy part until we hit the 3 claim threshold where we get a brand new laptop.

    5. You're right, motherboards don't break easily, but that rules applies regardless of whether or not it's treated like shit. If any of our producers treat it like crap then there will be faults in the chassis from physical damage. But guess what? If there's a fault in the chassis then we don't get to claim it on warranty. Yet all our laptops are being covered because HP knows these are design faults. That's right, their motherboard are inherently faulty. Comprende?

    6. Middle class and lower class break everyday? Then you go on to say that their ThinkPad is the highest class? Yet you don't even know that the cost of a ThinkPad is anywhere from $566 to just $1400, but they all use a reinforced chassis and all use components of similar quality to each other to keep manufacturing costs down. That's hardly high end compared to other brands. Then there's their IdeaPad range which cost's much the same but geared towards entertainment. Also uses the same interior chassis design. Even their budget Edge laptop has been touted to have exceptional reliability.


    Sit down kid.

  4. #49
    Ace666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MW3
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    100
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Have you ever repaired a laptop ? And the a 1000 more ... Well I have and I don't speak from reading some dumb ass articles and then say I know everything about laptops.... I see you 2-ce say that Lenovo are the laptops of the astronauts , well Shuttle is the only NASA certified manufacturer for PCs and ? You look at prices and stuff that is irrelevant , I speak from hard proven evidence through work .... Articles and overheard stuff doesn't work as proof. And "Sit down kid" , you don't know my age and you assume I am a kid ... I don't even know why I bother replying to you since you speak only from read and overheard stuff without actually knowing what and how it actually works and breaks in a machine... Stop thinking that just because you read in the net you know actual facts . It`s pathetic ... Also (and I do believe I am repeating myself) faulty parts aren't fixed correctly because manufacturers want you to come back to them until you start coughing money for fixes. No one is going to fix correctly a 3000$ laptop ... They would just stabilize it and it will break again and again and you just give more and more ... A machine repaired as it should ,couldn`t break unless you don't know how to treat it...




  5. #50
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    F
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace666 View Post
    Have you ever repaired a laptop ? And the a 1000 more ... Well I have and I don't speak from reading some dumb ass articles and then say I know everything about laptops.... I see you 2-ce say that Lenovo are the laptops of the astronauts , well Shuttle is the only NASA certified manufacturer for PCs and ? You look at prices and stuff that is irrelevant , I speak from hard proven evidence through work .... Articles and overheard stuff doesn't work as proof. And "Sit down kid" , you don't know my age and you assume I am a kid ... I don't even know why I bother replying to you since you speak only from read and overheard stuff without actually knowing what and how it actually works and breaks in a machine... Stop thinking that just because you read in the net you know actual facts . It`s pathetic ... Also (and I do believe I am repeating myself) faulty parts aren't fixed correctly because manufacturers want you to come back to them until you start coughing money for fixes. No one is going to fix correctly a 3000$ laptop ... They would just stabilize it and it will break again and again and you just give more and more ... A machine repaired as it should ,couldn`t break unless you don't know how to treat it...
    Actually Doc is one of the more knowledgable people on this site. I cross-checke very thing ge's said as well everything ge's said has matched with my own personal experiences. He doesn't copy pasta shit, and the quality of your posts/ the vernacular you commonly use gives us the impression of a childish person.

    Your one line "DELL is waaaaaay of Asus" shows by itself you have no clue what you are talkin about.
    DELL has its parts manufactured in CHINA, and the shipped to American plants to be assembled. Asus does the same, yet they have their parts manufactured in Taiwan. Of course you're thinking "what does that have to do with anything", well it has to do with he fact that Asus started in Taiwan, rather DELL is an Anerican company who sold out for cheaper prices to have their parts manufactured in china. The quality of items from Taiwan are always greater, as there are always on-site managers appointed. In china, the managing staff are not always on site, and in doing so when productivity is ordered to increase, the workers take shortcuts that ultimately end in issues. This has been told by MANY on-site managers all over the web.

    Basically your wall of text is nothing but "I ha a bad experience, so this brand sucks", which is a VERY poor way of looking at it.

  6. #51
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace666 View Post
    Have you ever repaired a laptop ? And the a 1000 more ... Well I have and I don't speak from reading some dumb ass articles and then say I know everything about laptops.... I see you 2-ce say that Lenovo are the laptops of the astronauts , well Shuttle is the only NASA certified manufacturer for PCs and ? You look at prices and stuff that is irrelevant , I speak from hard proven evidence through work .... Articles and overheard stuff doesn't work as proof. And "Sit down kid" , you don't know my age and you assume I am a kid ... I don't even know why I bother replying to you since you speak only from read and overheard stuff without actually knowing what and how it actually works and breaks in a machine... Stop thinking that just because you read in the net you know actual facts . It`s pathetic ... Also (and I do believe I am repeating myself) faulty parts aren't fixed correctly because manufacturers want you to come back to them until you start coughing money for fixes. No one is going to fix correctly a 3000$ laptop ... They would just stabilize it and it will break again and again and you just give more and more ... A machine repaired as it should ,couldn`t break unless you don't know how to treat it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    F

    Actually Doc is one of the more knowledgable people on this site. I cross-checke very thing ge's said as well everything ge's said has matched with my own personal experiences. He doesn't copy pasta shit, and the quality of your posts/ the vernacular you commonly use gives us the impression of a childish person.

    Your one line "DELL is waaaaaay of Asus" shows by itself you have no clue what you are talkin about.
    DELL has its parts manufactured in CHINA, and the shipped to American plants to be assembled. Asus does the same, yet they have their parts manufactured in Taiwan. Of course you're thinking "what does that have to do with anything", well it has to do with he fact that Asus started in Taiwan, rather DELL is an Anerican company who sold out for cheaper prices to have their parts manufactured in china. The quality of items from Taiwan are always greater, as there are always on-site managers appointed. In china, the managing staff are not always on site, and in doing so when productivity is ordered to increase, the workers take shortcuts that ultimately end in issues. This has been told by MANY on-site managers all over the web.

    Basically your wall of text is nothing but "I ha a bad experience, so this brand sucks", which is a VERY poor way of looking at it.
    @[MPGH]Lehsyrus
    This newph Ace thinks he knows a lot about computers, and is vulgar, initially no one was talking about which manufacture was crappy or anything like that. He also failed to understand that the performance difference between SSD & traditional HDD arises greatly not from bandwidth (which neither drive reaches theoretical bandwidth anyways), but from look up speeds in finding the data.
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arhk For This Useful Post:

    Lehsyrus (11-01-2012)

  8. #52
    Ace666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MW3
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    100
    My Mood
    Twisted
    All parts are maid in Taiwan , Thailand , China and Japan. All manufacturers use parts from these countries ,it`s the assembly and structural integrity of the machine afterwards...I don't like people speaking without thinking before that and Doc did that , here everybody gets offensive like beasts with no meaning at all. @Lehsyrus , my line "DELL is waaaay over ASUS" is in term of easiness of repair and parts finding mainly, I don't say that Dell machines don't break ,but ASUSs come more for repairs ,though once repaired they don't come back ever Dells may come back ,but problems come from batteries and adapters mostly. I say what I know from work ,not just reading (and please for goodness sake don't get offensive from a little quarrel )
    Arhk we where speaking for the speed difference , I didn't say that the SSDs beat the HDDs only by speed.. SSDs win in many ways (temperature , consumption , noise , stability , fragmentation of information and etc.) Please don't take words out of context.
    Also on the actual theme of the thread , think about buying a laptop with a smaller video (just enough to play BF3 and MW3 ) because the greater the video ,the consumption and temperature becomes bigger and some times when overused the video chip can actually get detached from the motherboard (if onboard).
    Last edited by Ace666; 11-01-2012 at 11:18 AM.




  9. #53
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Deleted Filler
    ~
    Last edited by Arhk; 11-01-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  10. #54
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post



    @[MPGH]Lehsyrus
    This newph Ace thinks he knows a lot about computers, and is vulgar, initially no one was talking about which manufacture was crappy or anything like that. He also failed to understand that the performance difference between SSD & traditional HDD arises greatly not from bandwidth (which neither drive reaches theoretical bandwidth anyways), but from look up speeds in finding the data.
    ~
    He called @Doc uneducated, that's proof enough for me if you want an honest opinion, @Alen and Doc are the guys to talk to. They are two of the most computer literate people on the site, whenever I have an issue I usually ask one of them. Just reading Doc's posts educates me a great deal.

  11. #55
    Ace666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MW3
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    100
    My Mood
    Twisted
    @Lehsyrus I didn't call him uneducated , I said that what he says is mostly found on the net as information , please don't bend my words it`s not right. Also I come to see that hatred comes even bigger when someone actually says something true .... I thought we where here to help a man find a new laptop not argue on who has more in his head ..... Correct me if I am wrong




  12. #56
    In the immortal words of Clark Whatsisname -- up, up and away!
    MPGH Member
    ZReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In My T-90 tank
    Posts
    1,347
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1,061
    My Mood
    Goofy
    i saw a sick carbon fibre one i7 , 8gb ram , 2gb raedon card that thing was ready to own

  13. #57
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace666 View Post
    Have you ever repaired a laptop ? And the a 1000 more ... Well I have and I don't speak from reading some dumb ass articles and then say I know everything about laptops.... I see you 2-ce say that Lenovo are the laptops of the astronauts , well Shuttle is the only NASA certified manufacturer for PCs and ? You look at prices and stuff that is irrelevant , I speak from hard proven evidence through work .... Articles and overheard stuff doesn't work as proof. And "Sit down kid" , you don't know my age and you assume I am a kid ... I don't even know why I bother replying to you since you speak only from read and overheard stuff without actually knowing what and how it actually works and breaks in a machine... Stop thinking that just because you read in the net you know actual facts . It`s pathetic ... Also (and I do believe I am repeating myself) faulty parts aren't fixed correctly because manufacturers want you to come back to them until you start coughing money for fixes. No one is going to fix correctly a 3000$ laptop ... They would just stabilize it and it will break again and again and you just give more and more ... A machine repaired as it should ,couldn`t break unless you don't know how to treat it...
    Ok, so you accuse me of not reading what you say, yet you fail to see that every repair that i referenced to has been at the expense of the manufacturer (ie extended manufacturer warranties and support contracts). Design faults are always repaired at the expense of the manufacturer unless you are out of warranty or if you have a 3rd party warranty.

    I have no idea what you're point about Shuttle XPCs. There's a difference between being NASA certified and being the only certified LAPTOP in the world to OPERATE in the ISS.

    I read things on the net and I also compare their findings with what I've come across in the real world during my time doing IT jobs for the Defence force and during my working at multiple film studios. Just because you like to verify and discuss various on the internet doesn't mar your own opinion on the subject.

    You have to be incredibly naive to think that things repaired properly will never break in the future. When manufacturers use parts the are inherently likely to break and continue to do so means that the laptops will continue to malfunction at some point in the future. It is a sign of good business ideology and customer service if they were to rectify this issue in the sourcing and manufacturing stages and to implement more robust and reliable parts in their repair and support processes. HP, Dell, and many others do not do this. At best they'll offer a 3-6 month recall on major faults at the postage expense of the consumer.

    I won't reply from this point onward as I'm sure Arhk has more than enough information to go upon. And you seem only to be able to reiterate this "experience" you have yet call upon no external sources nor knowledge to help your point. At this point in the conversation I can safely say that you are just being lead by your own misconstrued blind faith, either inherited by your career or by being ignorant to the plethora of information that goes against your own convictions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Gaming laptop (read if ur pro in copmuters)
    By daniel954 in forum General
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 12:43 AM
  2. Gaming Laptop
    By Insane in forum General
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 09:44 PM
  3. Gaming laptop.
    By GiftedPotato in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 07:32 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 11:02 AM
  5. Gaming Laptop?
    By Marks8 in forum General
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 11:56 AM