Poll: Is God Dead?

Thread: Is God Dead?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 187
  1. #166
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    you have no hope.

    Look paroxysm im not trying to be brutal but here:
    No matter what you do it won't matter. If you look at the broad scope of things even if you design a brilliant invention, it wont matter. Look at it this way, the guy who invented the bicycle, now take him out of the equation, i would garuantee it 100% that that invention would still exist later in history. Its the same for what you do, your achievements, your inventions, they are all replicable. Give it time and it will be done yet again.

    Atheist are just sad to me, they seem to despise hope. They claim to have hope, but really its only very temporary hope to me, nothing i couldn't do in a couple of years, or something i could never do at all.
    -edit this is the LAST POST sorry its 3 i need some sleepz
    Last edited by Empire; 04-19-2009 at 01:11 AM.


  2. #167
    hook1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    up ur ass
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    21
    ur a fucking sad piece of shit hope u go to hell!

  3. #168
    EndRiT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USSR
    Posts
    12,751
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Paroxysm is 100% correct.


    EVEN IF HE WASN'T:

    I would rather go to Hell then face that piece of shit entity known as "God"
    Why?
    Because God hasn't done anything for me or given me any reason to believe in him, thus why the hell should I?

    Why do people believe in God just because "It can't be disproved"
    What if I told you that I have Wings and I can fly to mars? Would you believe it?
    No? Didn't think so.
    But, PROVE TO ME THAT I DON'T HAVE WINGS.
    You can't.

  4. #169
    3dimage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    ♥♥At the bottom of sum1 Heart♥♥
    Posts
    309
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    37
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    GOD !
    I am ur GOD you are my DOG ! xD

  5. #170
    Zeinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    532
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    Atheism and Religion will never coexist with each other.

    Also try converting in China, you can't.

  6. #171
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwho99 View Post
    you have no hope.

    Look paroxysm im not trying to be brutal but here:
    No matter what you do it won't matter. If you look at the broad scope of things even if you design a brilliant invention, it wont matter. Look at it this way, the guy who invented the bicycle, now take him out of the equation, i would garuantee it 100% that that invention would still exist later in history. Its the same for what you do, your achievements, your inventions, they are all replicable. Give it time and it will be done yet again.

    Atheist are just sad to me, they seem to despise hope. They claim to have hope, but really its only very temporary hope to me, nothing i couldn't do in a couple of years, or something i could never do at all.
    -edit this is the LAST POST sorry its 3 i need some sleepz

    You may have trouble finding a reason to live outside of god, but everyone doesn't share your handicap. I advise you spend more time outside, maybe the giver of life, the sun, will do you some good. Life is like a rollercoaster, it's short, fun and goes by too quickly, but if have to enjoy the ride, your life will not be in vain. You remind me of one of those people that vomit after getting off then promising to never ride a rollercoaster ever again. Does it really matter in the long run if you went on the ride or not? No, but you didn't waste your precious time on earth, worrying about what happens after the ride. Those people will never trully enjoy life.

    Laugh as much as you breathe,
    Love as long as you live.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 04-19-2009 at 08:01 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  7. #172
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,696
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,668
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I encourage both theists and atheists to read "The Last Question" and "The Last Answer" by Isaac Asimov. They are both short stories, but they really open a new perspective.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  8. #173
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    6,057
    Reputation
    118
    Thanks
    651
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Yes.
    God is dead.
    Bibamus, gaudeamus.

  9. #174
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I encourage both theists and atheists to read "The Last Question" and "The Last Answer" by Isaac Asimov. They are both short stories, but they really open a new perspective.
    I know I've read one of those so I went to wiki to find out the plot of each and look what I found about our friend Isaac.

    "Isaac Asimov was a humanist and a rationalist.[23] He did not oppose religious conviction in others, but he frequently railed against superstitious and pseudoscientific beliefs that tried to pass themselves off as genuine science. During his childhood, his father and mother observed Orthodox Jewish traditions, though not as stringently as they had in Petrovichi; they did not, however, force their beliefs upon young Isaac. Thus he grew up without strong religious influences, coming to believe that the Bible represented Hebrew mythology in the same way that the Iliad recorded Greek mythology. (For a brief while his father worked in the local synagogue to enjoy the familiar surroundings and "shine as a learned scholar" versed in the sacred writings. This experience had little effect upon Isaac beyond teaching him the Hebrew alphabet). For many years, Asimov called himself an atheist; however, he considered the term somewhat inadequate, as it described what he did not believe rather than what he did. Eventually, he described himself as a "humanist" and considered that term more practical.
    In his last volume of autobiography, Asimov wrote, "If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul."[24] The same memoir states his belief that Hell is "the drooling dream of a sadist" crudely affixed to an all-merciful God; if even human governments were willing to curtail cruel and unusual punishments, wondered Asimov, why would punishment in the afterlife not be restricted to a limited term? Asimov rejected the idea that a human belief or action could merit infinite punishment. If an afterlife of just deserts existed, he claimed, the longest and most severe punishment would be reserved for those who "slandered God by inventing Hell"[25]. As his books Treasury of Humor and Asimov Laughs Again record, Asimov was willing to tell jokes involving the Judeo-Christian God, Satan, the Garden of Eden, Jerusalem, and other religious topics, expressing the viewpoint that a good joke can do more to provoke thought than hours of philosophical discussion."

    I'm gonna read both of those stories right now.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  10. #175
    kakaisawsome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    us
    Posts
    114
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    Wwell the true thing is ur putting words used in the Bible in a totally different way Jesus who is God and is the son of God, walked umong the earth preforming miracles and showing people he was the true God he did truely die only for us to have are sins removed he was the only perfect and sinless human being ever walking among the earth and he resurrected 3 days after his death meaning that he is still alive and that is the reason he can save us from our sins cuz he is alive he defeated Evil(satan) in order to come bak and take us to heaven when we die, so none of that shit u said is true so fuck of with this bull shit about him bein a zombie and we must eat his flesh bull shit

  11. #176
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by kakaisawsome View Post
    Wwell the true thing is ur putting words used in the Bible in a totally different way Jesus who is God and is the son of God, walked umong the earth preforming miracles and showing people he was the true God he did truely die only for us to have are sins removed he was the only perfect and sinless human being ever walking among the earth and he resurrected 3 days after his death meaning that he is still alive and that is the reason he can save us from our sins cuz he is alive he defeated Evil(satan) in order to come bak and take us to heaven when we die, so none of that shit u said is true so fuck of with this bull shit about him bein a zombie and we must eat his flesh bull shit
    Cursing is very unchristian.

    James 3:9-12
    "9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."

    Ephesians 4:29
    "29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

    Frankly anyone who claims to know the truth but does't live by it, doesn't have the truth.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 04-19-2009 at 09:18 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  12. #177
    EndRiT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USSR
    Posts
    12,751
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Watch the Zeitgeist:


    Now.

  13. #178
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by EndRiT View Post
    Zeitgeist is a great conspiracy movie, it was one of the many things that got me thinking about the God question, but I've heard multiple reports that some of the information in this movie is questionable. After watching this, research more on the topic before you go around telling people what you learned.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  14. #179
    EndRiT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USSR
    Posts
    12,751
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Yeah and I have.
    This is basically a good starting stone for research such as this.
    Pre-hand to this I have genuinely read the whole Bible and the Qua'ran.
    I don't want to challenge something I don't even know about now do I?

    P.S

    The fact you reefer to it as conspiracy is subject to some debate, IMO.

  15. #180
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by EndRiT View Post
    Yeah and I have.
    This is basically a good starting stone for research such as this.
    Pre-hand to this I have genuinely read the whole Bible and the Qua'ran.
    I don't want to challenge something I don't even know about now do I?

    P.S

    The fact you reefer to it as conspiracy is subject to some debate, IMO.
    The 9/11 section screams conspiracy theory to me. The Jesus and Federal reserve section are all well and good.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. can i have a god mode
    By plapla1 in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 01:06 PM
  2. GunZ God Mod
    By Brunogol in forum Gunz Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 10:09 PM
  3. Dear god NO...
    By Kyojiro in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 08:30 PM
  4. God hates sweden???? :S
    By gunot in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 06:33 PM
  5. I see dead people
    By arunforce in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 05:21 PM

Tags for this Thread