Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    @root
    Posts
    11,951
    Reputation
    3334
    Thanks
    5,474
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I have Windows 8 on my laptop. I like it, it's really nice and I don't mind. Though, 2 of my games were not compatible with Windows 8. One was LA Noire, and Borderlands 2. Borderlands 2 was torrented, not apart of Steam, so I don't know if that's the reason. LA Noire is apart of Steam, and just didn't work whatsoever. All my other games work. WarZ, my steam games, SMITE, etc.

    Generally, it's really nice I like it, and I recommend getting it if you want something new. Windows7 is just fine though if you don't give a shit because Windows 8 is nothing more than a few UI tweaks, security updates, and stuff like that.





    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator Since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ Since 07.22.2016

    Marketplace Minion Since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion Since 06.06.2016
    Middleman Since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion Since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member Since 05.13.2012



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

    Larity2056 (11-01-2012)

  3. #32
    Larity2056's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    UDF 2457
    Posts
    2,498
    Reputation
    188
    Thanks
    682
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by GAYape View Post


    i'm using it right now ...
    KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    Fix your glasses swagboy

  4. #33
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    If I'm getting a laptop for basic work/e-mail/web browsing/casual gaming on the go, is it worth it? I know full well how tablet OSs go as far as functionality, but does that mesh well with a keyboard and trackpad?
    If you want easy functionality with a lightweight OS, get W8 an get the Stardock Start8 menu customization program, it changes the theme back to W7.

    Simple use it's great (unless you play certain F2p games like crossfire, which won't even run), for anything else it sucks big time. Without Start8 you need to jump through hoops to alter anything computer management-wise, and they expect you to use more keyboard shortcuts like Win+x+c for CMD prompt. It's good for searching inside documents but it's a botch to browse trough te programs you already have if you have many. You can't edit core files without constantly being alerted about it (only reason Stardock could was because they have a deal with MS).

    All in all for light work I suggest it. For ANYTHING resource intensive/in depth computer work stay on W7.

    You will also notice that yes, many people bitch about W7, however the ONLY comeback from W8 users are "you're scared of change" or "Microsoft did studies". I think the consensus on this one is obvious.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    Zithium (11-01-2012)

  6. #34
    Sunstreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEUTSCHLAND
    Posts
    652
    Reputation
    446
    Thanks
    61
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXtasy View Post
    Win8 is full of swag
    no. its totally unneeded.

  7. #35
    Denelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEAD
    Posts
    5,323
    Reputation
    422
    Thanks
    639
    Windows 7 or gtfo.

  8. #36
    Drake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Belgium,Oost-Vlaanderen
    Posts
    12,685
    Reputation
    1801
    Thanks
    4,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post

    Fix your glasses swagboy
    First you claim i don't have/use it . And now because i do use it you call me a swagboy ? Shove that swag up your ass .
    anyway windows 8 is annoying to use unless you install a 3rd party program to get the start menu/aero back . And metro is a piece of crap IMO .

  9. #37
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by GAYape View Post


    First you claim i don't have/use it . And now because i do use it you call me a swagboy ? Shove that swag up your ass .
    anyway windows 8 is annoying to use unless you install a 3rd party program to get the start menu/aero back . And metro is a piece of crap IMO .
    I don't know if you have noticed this, but he is a moron. He thinks he knows everything about literally everything, meanwhile his posts have no information and consist of him insulting others. Ignore him, he's an uneducated fool

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    Drake (11-01-2012)

  11. #38
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post

    Fix your glasses swagboy
    Who let you in to this thread, cuntbag?



  12. #39
    Seretie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Clean
    Organized
    Fast
    SSD Boot time 8 Sec
    HD boot time 20-30 Sec
    Microsoft finally got the price right
    and overall feels and works great
    I say go for it

  13. #40
    Rattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Crack House
    Posts
    11,652
    Reputation
    1343
    Thanks
    2,498
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
    Still using XP
    You're not the only one here.

    My A+ Trouble Shooting teacher just upgraded his win 7 to win 8 and he just breezed through showing us the stuff. IMO the stuff looks smooth and has a nice interface but it's not really convenient. The start menu is so big, not to mention you need to ctrl alt delete to open windows security to press the shut down button. Therefore if I were to use it, I'd have to make a .bat file with my own shutdown -s -0 -win8 is meh command.
    Previous Name: Woods / Opticz
    • Minecraft Minion from: September 28th, 2011 - December 8th, 2013
    • League Of Legends Minion from: October 16th, 2011 - March 30th, 2012
    • AVA Minion from: January 6th, 2012 - March 30th, 2012
    • Battlefield Minion from: February 3rd, 2013 - December 8th, 2013
    • Combat Arms Wiki Editor from: June 15, 2011 - July 4, 2011
    Proud to be a part of the first gen. MPGH Editors.

    Contact:
    Email: realmpghwoods@gmail.com
    Skype: mpghwoods


  14. #41
    Resaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SkyFall...
    Posts
    1,985
    Reputation
    97
    Thanks
    178
    My Mood
    Amused
    Windows 8 Pro came with my New Laptop, Keeping Windows 7 Ultimate on my PC...
    Rèsaun









    Press Thanks & Rep Me If I Helped You....

  15. #42
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,515
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    to different for my liking
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. New Windows Exploit
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 06:16 PM
  2. Windows Live Beta - Go Here Quick!
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
  3. Boot up Windows before you even log in.
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 10:10 PM
  4. [search]Warrock double window
    By ryan5458 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 11:56 AM
  5. Playing Warrock In Multi Windows Need Help
    By Shadowguild in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 11:32 PM