Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Its funny.
    Because if this does happen.
    Everybody is dead.
    Who knows, the presidents might get flown off the planet. Only "god" knows.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by HazedUp View Post
    Fuck your apocalypse
    Fuck you, dunce.

:@

Ancient Mayan societies, known for their advanced mathematics and astronomy, followed a "long count" calendar that lasted 5,126 years. When their charts are translated to the Gregorian calendar, the international standard used today, time runs out on Dec. 21, 2012.

Believers say there are other links besides just the Mayan calendar that portend catastrophe. The sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years on the same day, which marks the winter solstice. Some say that will disrupt the energy flow to Earth, or that the high rate of sunspots or sun flares that NASA has predicted for 2012 could affect Earth magnetic fields.

Scientists have tried to squash the doomsday scenario as another empty prophesy, but it’s clear there are thousands who consider the possibility of a worldwide catastrophe occurring on that date very real.

"You have to understand, there will be nothing, nothing left," Patrick Geryl told ABC News. "We will have to start an entire civilization from scratch." Geryl, a 53-year-old former laboratory worker who lives in Belgium, quit his job two years ago after he saved up enough money to last him until December 2012. He’s now stocking survival supplies, a list of which runs 11 pages long.

Geryl is certainly not the only one. Searching for "2012 the end of the world" on Google brings up nearly 700,000 hits. More than 6,500 video posts about the day have been posted on YouTube. There are also countless books on the topic, many published in the wake of the success of Daniel Pinchbeck's "2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl," which has been selling thousands of copies each month since it was released last May.

But what do believers think will happen on Dec. 21, 2012? Some say a polar reversal, where the north pole becomes the south, where the sun rises in the west, triggering natural disasters around the world. Others say the date marks a worldwide spiritual awakening.

Experts laugh off these notions. "These prophecies of doom really don't have any basis in what we know about the Maya," said Stephen Houston, an anthropology professor at Brown University and an expert in Maya hieroglyphic writing. "The Maya descriptions barely talk about this event." He said the Mayans saw their calendar coming to an end on the date, but then starting over without any catastrophes.

"Really, it's a conversion of people’s anxieties about our times, and finding some remote mythological precedent or prediction of it," he said. "People like to believe that ancient wisdom is somehow predicting this time of upheaval."

This is some crazy shit man. I think this is really going to happen, on 2012. :l
    Last edited by Obey; 04-18-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by imsohoooood View Post
    Fuck you, dunce.

:@

Ancient Mayan societies, known for their advanced mathematics and astronomy, followed a "long count" calendar that lasted 5,126 years. When their charts are translated to the Gregorian calendar, the international standard used today, time runs out on Dec. 21, 2012.

Believers say there are other links besides just the Mayan calendar that portend catastrophe. The sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years on the same day, which marks the winter solstice. Some say that will disrupt the energy flow to Earth, or that the high rate of sunspots or sun flares that NASA has predicted for 2012 could affect Earth magnetic fields.

Scientists have tried to squash the doomsday scenario as another empty prophesy, but it’s clear there are thousands who consider the possibility of a worldwide catastrophe occurring on that date very real.

"You have to understand, there will be nothing, nothing left," Patrick Geryl told ABC News. "We will have to start an entire civilization from scratch." Geryl, a 53-year-old former laboratory worker who lives in Belgium, quit his job two years ago after he saved up enough money to last him until December 2012. He’s now stocking survival supplies, a list of which runs 11 pages long.

Geryl is certainly not the only one. Searching for "2012 the end of the world" on Google brings up nearly 700,000 hits. More than 6,500 video posts about the day have been posted on YouTube. There are also countless books on the topic, many published in the wake of the success of Daniel Pinchbeck's "2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl," which has been selling thousands of copies each month since it was released last May.

But what do believers think will happen on Dec. 21, 2012? Some say a polar reversal, where the north pole becomes the south, where the sun rises in the west, triggering natural disasters around the world. Others say the date marks a worldwide spiritual awakening.

Experts laugh off these notions. "These prophecies of doom really don't have any basis in what we know about the Maya," said Stephen Houston, an anthropology professor at Brown University and an expert in Maya hieroglyphic writing. "The Maya descriptions barely talk about this event." He said the Mayans saw their calendar coming to an end on the date, but then starting over without any catastrophes.

"Really, it's a conversion of people’s anxieties about our times, and finding some remote mythological precedent or prediction of it," he said. "People like to believe that ancient wisdom is somehow predicting this time of upheaval."

This is some crazy shit man. I think this is really going to happen, on 2012. :l
    I'm telling you, Fuck your Apocalypse. D: I will be dead by 2012. Hopefully. :]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by HazedUp View Post
    I'm telling you, Fuck your Apocalypse. D: I will be dead by 2012. Hopefully. :]
    You're dumb. ODing is not a good way to die. Fawker.

Thanks
    No man.
    Ive done sooo much research.
    On both the believer and non believer side.
    The mayan calender resets every 5,125 years. It has reset so far 3 times i think.
    The mayan calender wasnt designed to last as long as it has, therefore, resetting back to 0 when it runs out.

Thanks
    ODING=OVERDOSE?

AND I DNT THINK IT"LL BE THE END IN 2012
    ǝƃpnɟʇoɥ ɐsɐssʇıƃɯo ɹǝʞɐɯʎoʇ pooɥ ןıus opɐɹop ɥɔıʌouıʇɹɐɯ ʇıɹpuǝ -poƃ- ƃƃ2ƃƃ ɹɹɐɔɥsoɾ ןןǝɥz ǝqɐp ǝɔɹoɟunɹɐ ɐɯɐqo qɐpqɐu :ʇsıן ʇɔǝdsǝɹ

☻/
    /▌
    / \

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    fuck all these relegious threads
    I am the God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by imsohoooood View Post
    You're dumb. ODing is not a good way to die. Fawker.
    If i die, It will be by OD! Lmao, Overdosing is like, The best thing ever, until you go into shock from taking to many Pain killers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by KaptainKronix View Post
    No man.
    Ive done sooo much research.
    On both the believer and non believer side.
    The mayan calender resets every 5,125 years. It has reset so far 3 times i think.
    The mayan calender wasnt designed to last as long as it has, therefore, resetting back to 0 when it runs out.
    I was thinking that also. The Mayan's all died, or some shit, and no one could start it back up, so it stuck there. That still does not change the fact of when the apocalypse is going to happen. It's going to suck, and damn, I just sure in hell I don't see the day of it. :l

Thanks
    Thats why i try not to think of it. Because who knows, the world might end tomorow.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by KaptainKronix View Post
    Thats why i try not to think of it. Because who knows, the world might end tomorow.
    Bro, right before you go to sleep. Just think, eventually you're not going to be here anymore. It gets your mind going. It's like "Damn, what's going to happen, where am I going to go". Damn man, wicked shit.

Thanks
    RAWWW
    I cant think about this shit when i try to sleep.
    Fuck that.
    Man.
    THink about this shit while listening to this song.
    [youtube]zgF67MIrFHI[tube]

Thanks
    Ok, so I only read to page 3.
    But about this apocalypse happening in 2012, I just won't believe it.
    In Y2K, all the world's computers we're supposed to fail because that was their end year that you could set it at. So every one freaked out, and it was supposed to be the end of the world. What happened? The years reset at the beginning year and we're still here. It's just another shitty prediction that you can never and will never be able to completely prove. It's like the argument between whether religion or atheism is right. Evolution or God. It's just not possible. Just live your damn life to the fullest, by the time the world ends we'll all be six feet under.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by seemliss View Post
    Ok, so I only read to page 3.
    But about this apocalypse happening in 2012, I just won't believe it.
    In Y2K, all the world's computers we're supposed to fail because that was their end year that you could set it at. So every one freaked out, and it was supposed to be the end of the world. What happened? The years reset at the beginning year and we're still here. It's just another shitty prediction that you can never and will never be able to completely prove. It's like the argument between whether religion or atheism is right. Evolution or God. It's just not possible. Just live your damn life to the fullest, by the time the world ends we'll all be six feet under.
    That is very true. I just believe what I was risen to believe. That God is real. So their for, I believe the Apocalypse. :/

Thanks
    Well, the Old Testament has a lot of things people don't want to believe, that's why current churches use the New Testament. Imagine going to church learning about Christ and the second coming, yet when he rises it's going to be an apocalyptic nightmare. Yeah, that's a pleasant Sunday morning.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast