Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh

    Someone to host a server

    So the guys at the CA section wanted to make a showdown and one of them asked me to code a software to take care of everything. I need someone to host the server application because my PC doesn't allow external connections.

    How do you know if you can host the application? Well it's easy if you can host games like MW2/3/BO or dedicated servers you can host this one too!

  2. #2
    Jorndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,681
    Reputation
    905
    Thanks
    18,812
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post
    So the guys at the CA section wanted to make a showdown and one of them asked me to code a software to take care of everything. I need someone to host the server application because my PC doesn't allow external connections.

    How do you know if you can host the application? Well it's easy if you can host games like MW2/3/BO or dedicated servers you can host this one too!
    Well, it all depends on which ports you have open on your PC.
    the port: 80 or something is the default


    + I recommend to install a server, and not use a "PC".
    Else it might cause problem with the other clients.


    Also, it depends on what it will be for

     
    Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A

  3. #3
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    How do we know this isn't a clever rouse to get someone to host illegal porn.
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  4. #4
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


    Well, it all depends on which ports you have open on your PC.
    the port: 80 or something is the default


    + I recommend to install a server, and not use a "PC".
    Else it might cause problem with the other clients.


    Also, it depends on what it will be for
    It's a temp. thing. It will just monitor all the statistics of the server and broadcast messages to the clients.


    ---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post
    How do we know this isn't a clever rouse to get someone to host illegal porn.
    ~
    Well lol I can give you the source code so all what you have to do is to compile and run.

  5. #5
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    How long is "temp"?

  6. #6
    Rattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Crack House
    Posts
    11,652
    Reputation
    1343
    Thanks
    2,498
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I have niggernet. Sorry.
    Last edited by Woods; 11-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Previous Name: Woods / Opticz
    • Minecraft Minion from: September 28th, 2011 - December 8th, 2013
    • League Of Legends Minion from: October 16th, 2011 - March 30th, 2012
    • AVA Minion from: January 6th, 2012 - March 30th, 2012
    • Battlefield Minion from: February 3rd, 2013 - December 8th, 2013
    • Combat Arms Wiki Editor from: June 15, 2011 - July 4, 2011
    Proud to be a part of the first gen. MPGH Editors.

    Contact:
    Email: realmpghwoods@gmail.com
    Skype: mpghwoods


  7. #7
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    How long is "temp"?
    1 Day ?

  8. #8
    Jorndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,681
    Reputation
    905
    Thanks
    18,812
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post


    1 Day ?
    lol...

    There are so many free online servers you can use.
    Why don't you use one of those instead?

     
    Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A

  9. #9
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


    lol...

    There are so many free online servers you can use.
    Why don't you use one of those instead?
    Yeah tell me who's the idiot who offers free dedicated servers?

  10. #10
    Jorndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,681
    Reputation
    905
    Thanks
    18,812
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post


    Yeah tell me who's the idiot who offers free dedicated servers?
    You just set it up
    You got the folder, and such.

    Should be simple but, no idea


    Won't bother to get to know what you want to do.
    For all I know, from what you said.

    It's just for stats saving.

     
    Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A

  11. #11
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


    You just set it up
    You got the folder, and such.

    Should be simple but, no idea


    Won't bother to get to know what you want to do.
    For all I know, from what you said.

    It's just for stats saving.
    link me to one of those sites?

    EDIT: Come on if I could use my own PC as a server don't you think I would already do it?
    Last edited by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ; 11-12-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. someone wana start a server il paid host
    By Yesby in forum Minecraft Server Advertising
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 09:29 PM
  2. VAC Banned for hosting Modded servers
    By Hopshock in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 GSC Modding Help/Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
  3. Can somebody host a server for me?
    By -maykel- in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 07:47 PM