Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh

    Just found what I want to do when I grow up.

    Since I want to be a programmer when I grow up I wanted to know more about its nodes and expansions. So after some researches and long discussions with older peoples I came out with one decision..To be a Financial Programmer.

    So there's a company in my country named "InfoSoft" which actually focuses on developing financial applications. It's like a dream became true, I mean after all those researches I finally found what to do with my life and what goal to achieve. I've got 2 years of programming experience and I'm pretty advanced on C#, now I'm turning into the Financial node of programming, I've found a book online (Practical .NET For Financial Markets) that I'm going to read..Well wish me good luck

  2. #2
    Maxedout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    4,507
    Reputation
    755
    Thanks
    1,291
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post
    Since I want to be a programmer when I grow up I wanted to know more about its nodes and expansions. So after some researches and long discussions with older peoples I came out with one decision..To be a Financial Programmer.

    So there's a company in my country named "InfoSoft" which actually focuses on developing financial applications. It's like a dream became true, I mean after all those researches I finally found what to do with my life and what goal to achieve. I've got 2 years of programming experience and I'm pretty advanced on C#, now I'm turning into the Financial node of programming, I've found a book online (Practical .NET For Financial Markets) that I'm going to read..Well wish me good luck
    Congrats and good luck with your future. Wish I knew what I want to do once I'm out of high school

  3. #3
    iFresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Lightning
    Posts
    501
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    164
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Good luck with the work.

  4. #4
    Denelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEAD
    Posts
    5,323
    Reputation
    422
    Thanks
    639
    Cool story bro

  5. #5
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    DDDDDOOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTT

  6. #6
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh
    Thanks guys, I really want to achieve this shit.

  7. #7
    Shane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    College
    Posts
    18,802
    Reputation
    2447
    Thanks
    2,051
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    that's cool. good luck, hopefully you'll like it.




    Crossfire Minion: 28 October 2010
    Official Middleman: 20 September 2012
    Trusted Member: 15 February 2013
    Official Middleman: 11 April 2013
    Official Middleman: 10 January 2015
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Global Moderator: 25 December 2012
    Head Administrator: 21 March 2013

     


    ARUNFORCE AND DAVE84311 GAY FOR EACH OTHER



  8. #8
    Cyborgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sjoerd
    Posts
    1,284
    Reputation
    247
    Thanks
    124
    no one cares.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyborgy For This Useful Post:

    Dreamer.JR (11-14-2012)

  10. #9
    Dreamer.JR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,567
    Reputation
    624
    Thanks
    565
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    congratulations

  11. #10
    Arhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,619
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post
    Since I want to be a programmer when I grow up I wanted to know more about its nodes and expansions. So after some researches and long discussions with older peoples I came out with one decision..To be a Financial Programmer.
    You'll make 10 million + USD a year, if you go with a legitimate company -> Financial engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it involves programming, but you'll mostly study all types of mathematics and such.
    ~
    But that is as a financial engineer and not simply a programmer, you also probably won't find work until you get up to a Master's degree.
    Last edited by Arhk; 11-14-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

    "True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk



  12. #11
    HaxPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    2,824
    Reputation
    98
    Thanks
    1,146
    Good luck with that.
    Probably one of the best things to do nowdays.

  13. #12
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


    You'll make 10 million + USD a year, if you go with a legitimate company -> Financial engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it involves programming, but you'll mostly study all types of mathematics and such.
    ~
    But that is as a financial engineer and not simply a programmer, you also probably won't find work until you get up to a Master's degree.
    It's called "Economic Informatics" here. That degree that you mentioned still has to grow up in my country. But yeah it's just like that one but with more and more programming.

  14. #13
    Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    13,888
    Reputation
    855
    Thanks
    2,987
    Nigga, im learning programming right now and i can tell, it is NOT EASY, very hard.



  15. #14
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,515
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Tried to learn to program, WAY to hard for me
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  16. #15
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,883
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,881
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Snape View Post
    Nigga, im learning programming right now and i can tell, it is NOT EASY, very hard.
    No shit sir (see how this sentence got replaced by "You don't say" meme fuck that shit. however..). Yeah but I ain't no beginner in programming actually I took a quick look at the book's content and I've worked before with many of the programmatic concepts that are in there. The only hard thing is that I have no knowledge about the financial concepts. (they're begin explained in the book too)
    So you want to be a programmer too?


    ---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post
    Tried to learn to program, WAY to hard for me
    I started when I was 13. Get yourself a book for dumbies and I can assure you in no time you're going to have a fully working app. (Start off with Visual Basic, it's easy and has the most noob-friendly syntax of all)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
    By Jakob in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 11:36 AM
  2. [REQUEST] Just look to see what i want PLZ
    By MPxGH_MOD3R in forum Combat Arms Hack Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 01:00 AM
  3. mat automaton When just upgrade? What time can you use?
    By shitahe in forum Mission Against Terror Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 09:44 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 02:05 PM
  5. What r we gonna do when Punkbuster comes out
    By whatthe in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 11:09 PM