Thread: nVidia or AMD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Terio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hmm Let me Think
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    125
    Thanks
    476
    My Mood
    Blah

    nVidia or AMD

    Should i go for the GTX 560 or an Radeon 7xxx Series

    EDIT: 7570 or GTX 560 Ti
    Last edited by Terio; 11-15-2012 at 04:40 PM.

  2. #2
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,771
    Reputation
    1546
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    AMD what, 7XXX tells us nothing.

  3. #3
    Terio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hmm Let me Think
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    125
    Thanks
    476
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    AMD what, 7XXX tells us nothing.
    7xxx is the series i meant like any kind for example the 7570 or 7750 or whatever

  4. #4
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    The HD 7850 2gb is better than the 560ti and is also 20$ cheaper.

    For mid level gfx always go AMD, you get more for your money. Hi-end gfx go with Nvidia, still overpriced IMO but you get good performance boosts.

    The 7870 is only another 10-15$ as of October.

  5. #5
    Terio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hmm Let me Think
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    125
    Thanks
    476
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    The HD 7850 2gb is better than the 560ti and is also 20$ cheaper.

    For mid level gfx always go AMD, you get more for your money. Hi-end gfx go with Nvidia, still overpriced IMO but you get good performance boosts.

    The 7870 is only another 10-15$ as of October.
    well i have the choice of buying a pre built pc with the HD 7570 or the GTX 560 Ti but i googled the benchmarks and they always gave me the GTX was more performant but when i went on canyourunit to see the recommended for the games they sais either the gtx 560 or higher or HD 6870...

  6. #6
    Ace666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MW3
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    100
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Definitely the GTX , pre built with 7570 isn`t even close to what the performance is . @Lehsyrus can confirm as well. ATi atlest 78XX and above.




  7. #7
    Terio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hmm Let me Think
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    125
    Thanks
    476
    My Mood
    Blah

  8. #8
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by MusiK View Post


    well i have the choice of buying a pre built pc with the HD 7570 or the GTX 560 Ti but i googled the benchmarks and they always gave me the GTX was more performant but when i went on canyourunit to see the recommended for the games they sais either the gtx 560 or higher or HD 6870...
    The only good built in AMD gfx are in the A series. I'd say if it's built in go with the gtx, though if you can crossfire the AMD with a 7770 or higher go that route.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace666 View Post
    Definitely the GTX , pre built with 7570 isn`t even close to what the performance is . @Lehsyrus can confirm as well. ATi atlest 78XX and above.
    I didn't know it was built in built in AMD is crap with the E-series and Athlon. The A series is sexy as fuck though, amazing benchmarks!

  9. #9
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,817
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,807
    My Mood
    Tired
    Ain't the GTX 690 the best? Or even the 680? Radeon is still good tho.

  10. #10
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Koompa View Post
    Ain't the GTX 690 the best? Or even the 680? Radeon is still good tho.
    They're the best single cards, however you can easily out-benchmark them by cross firing two 78xx's and you'll still save money.

  11. #11
    Ace666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MW3
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    100
    My Mood
    Twisted
    It`s too big of a math in the bench mark .As for the gfx it`s not built in it`s pre built ,means it`s in there ,but still a different component . I`d choose the GTX ,it`s far greater than the 7570 . I am with a Gainward GTX690 4GB and 2 cross X only Toxic 79XX beat me , but than again this is the most powerful production GFX card.




  12. #12
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,817
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,807
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    They're the best single cards, however you can easily out-benchmark them by cross firing two 78xx's and you'll still save money.
    Thats true too.
    Still got the 79XX's thought

  13. #13
    alex454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    431
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    95
    My Mood
    Amazed
    The 7570 is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. It's G3D Mark is 1,055. The 560 Ti literally blows it out.

    I suggest sticking with the 560 Ti.
    Do not pity the dead, pity the living.

  14. #14
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by alex454 View Post
    The 7570 is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. It's G3D Mark is 1,055. The 560 Ti literally blows it out.

    I suggest sticking with the 560 Ti.
    You're comparing a mid-tier to a high end-tier, of course the differences will be large. However cross firing a 7850 will boost it past a 560.

  15. #15
    LuciousPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    126
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Nvidia = High Price but works better then AMD = Low price but is enough to run everything you need

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Intel x AMD || Nvidia vs ATI
    By LionelMessi10 in forum General
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 08:26 AM
  2. Obam's New A.G. - What he thinks about the 2nd Amd
    By eliteop in forum United States of America
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
  3. Intel vs. AMD
    By why06 in forum Assembly
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 10:35 PM
  4. amd i a good friend?
    By Juan in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 10:46 AM
  5. DX10 Nvidia vs. Ati
    By ~Viper~ in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 09:05 PM