Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16
    Larity2056's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    UDF 2457
    Posts
    2,498
    Reputation
    188
    Thanks
    682
    My Mood
    Dead
    You should know Black Ops 2 is more important then anything

  2. #17
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    Yeah, will do. Why don't you drive around in full body motorcycle suit, and foam up the sides so you don't risk getting injured while you're at it? Oh what?!?! You're not?!?! OMG U WANT TO DIE LOLOLOLOLO NOOB.

    Moetard.
    The difference is that it's insta-death if your in a car without a seatbelt and you end up in a head on. Even with an airbag, airbags are designed to work in conjunction with a seatbelt, no seatbelt=crushed chest. Not to mention a glass death trap right in front of you. Wear a seatbelt, and you might make it out with just some cracked ribs and a sore neck.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Tall kiwi (11-22-2012)

  4. #18
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemongrab View Post
    why do you have to hate on swagfags?
    we will overpopulate newzeland and take over the world.
    So you admit to being gay?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    Tall kiwi (11-22-2012)

  6. #19
    Hux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Candy Kingdom
    Posts
    6,830
    Reputation
    588
    Thanks
    779
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    So you admit to being gay?
    why do you have to hate on me?
    hatrs are motivatrs

  7. #20
    Sussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post
    This dumb cunt is in a couple of my classes and is not very bright... He values a video game more than his safety


    COMBO FACE DESK!

    CONGRATULATIONS! ACHIEVED BROKEN HEAD!!!111one!!1




    (/block them pls)



    Last edited by Sussie; 11-23-2012 at 01:18 AM.

  8. #21
    Tall kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Living in Kiwi land
    Posts
    4,536
    Reputation
    325
    Thanks
    573
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussie View Post
    COMBO FACE DESK!

    CONGRATULATIONS! ACHIEVED BROKEN HEAD!!!111one!!1



    Facebook is another dumb social network , I guess ignoring will be better than seeing more flaming comments

    (/block them pls)



    Please don't comment again
    Oh hai der.

  9. #22
    Sussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post


    Please don't comment again
    Okay...

  10. #23
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussie View Post
    COMBO FACE DESK!

    CONGRATULATIONS! ACHIEVED BROKEN HEAD!!!111one!!1




    (/block them pls)



    WTF kind of retarded is this comment.

  11. #24
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,707
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    The difference is that it's insta-death if your in a car without a seatbelt and you end up in a head on. Even with an airbag, airbags are designed to work in conjunction with a seatbelt, no seatbelt=crushed chest. Not to mention a glass death trap right in front of you. Wear a seatbelt, and you might make it out with just some cracked ribs and a sore neck.
    I don't know what bullshit you're spouting, but you can survive a head on collision with just an airbag, and no they are designed to work only together, they're mutually independent safety mechanisms, even though it's riskier slamming head first into an airbag without a restraint. The biggest factors in safety is the speed you're travelling at and where the collision occurs, I'm more inclined to wear a seatbelt while on the highway then anywhere else. A seatbelt would help if you car flips over, you'd want to be trapped to your seat. You're also dead if you get t-boned on your driver seat and cant move because you're trapped to your seat. They also say wear a helmet when riding a bike, so in the case that you fall on your head you don't incur serious injury, yet no one does.

    All these devices do is stack safety on top of safety. You can still survive an impact on the front of your car without an airbag or seatbelt, it happens to be the designed for crumpling, but even then the success rate is probably marginal. Even then, the airbag alone is good enough to stop serious damage, stack it with a seatbelt and you have a really good chance. Being aware alone increases your chances of survival, your body reacts differently to things differently that you see coming, bracing for impact is a huge factor on how your body responds to getting hurt.

    Just because you feel insecure about travelling on the road unprotected doesn't mean you have to push your views onto other people. No amount of seatbelts is going to protect you when your air plane comes crashing into the ground.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

    The Hobbit (11-24-2012)

  13. #25
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    I don't know what bullshit you're spouting, but you can survive a head on collision with just an airbag, and no they are designed to work only together, they're mutually independent safety mechanisms, even though it's riskier slamming head first into an airbag without a restraint. The biggest factors in safety is the speed you're travelling at and where the collision occurs, I'm more inclined to wear a seatbelt while on the highway then anywhere else. A seatbelt would help if you car flips over, you'd want to be trapped to your seat. You're also dead if you get t-boned on your driver seat and cant move because you're trapped to your seat. They also say wear a helmet when riding a bike, so in the case that you fall on your head you don't incur serious injury, yet no one does.

    All these devices do is stack safety on top of safety. You can still survive an impact on the front of your car without an airbag or seatbelt, it happens to be the designed for crumpling, but even then the success rate is probably marginal. Even then, the airbag alone is good enough to stop serious damage, stack it with a seatbelt and you have a really good chance. Being aware alone increases your chances of survival, your body reacts differently to things differently that you see coming, bracing for impact is a huge factor on how your body responds to getting hurt.

    Just because you feel insecure about travelling on the road unprotected doesn't mean you have to push your views onto other people. No amount of seatbelts is going to protect you when your air plane comes crashing into the ground.
    I think you've missed the point of the argument. It's not about mutually exclusive safety mechanisms and their ability to function independently, it's about restraint and increasing your chance of survival. The airbag is most definitely designed to work with the seatbelt. From your fantasies it seems like you don't know the amount of force airbag deployment creates. Couple that with no seatbelt and incredible deceleration and you'll be lucky to make it out alive and even then your chances of making it out with any of your upper vertebrae intact is incredibly unlikely without a seatbelt. Again the seatbelt is for restraint from both initial airbag deployment and to stop you from flying out the windscreen in the event of airbag malfunction or simply if you don't have one.

    Consider this study which shows that airbags alone with NO seatbelt increases the likelihood of a fatality by up to four times then those who use it in conjunction with a seatbelt or those with just a seatbelt and no airbag.

    Airbags Associated With Increased Automobile Accident Deaths, According To New UGA Study

    I think you over estimate the usefulness of a crumple zone. It's intent is to reduce the amount of deceleration and to redistribute the force away from the driver seat and into the weaker points of the car, but it's effectiveness derives from the initial speed of contact and is most effective at lower speed head-on collision. Any other angle will inhibit force distribution rapidly. That is where airbags AND seatbelts come into play.

    You also say stacking safety features increases your chance of survival. Does this not contradict your initial statements? That being that you don't wear seatbelts due to its lack of usefulness. Isn't it best practice to increase the chance of survival whilst disregarding outlying factors in favour of overwhelming effectiveness?

    I don't understand your comparison to cyclists. If they choose to risk head safety then that is their wish, that shouldn't be a factor in considering your options regarding safety. If your reasoning for forgoing the use of a seatbelt is because so and so doesn't wear a helmet then I must question your capability as a driver. Also your argument for the use of seatbelt on planes is completely irrelevant as they are two separate and completely different designs and they have different purposes. Please don't resort to irrationality for sake of it.

    TL;DR why would you lower your chance of survival for no apparent gains other than a chance of surviving a single situation whilst severely impairing your chance of survival in every other situation?

  14. #26
    Tall kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Living in Kiwi land
    Posts
    4,536
    Reputation
    325
    Thanks
    573
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Didn't know it would spark a war
    Oh hai der.

  15. #27
    FMDSatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lives under my secret hiding place
    Posts
    1,119
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    85
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    -.- you made a troll out of him but u didnt get what he said . he said he paid 150 bucks for not wearing seatbelt and he said no black ops for him cos he cant buy it now . cos he simply paid 150 bucks . he didnt say im not wearing seatbelts so i could buy blackops 2

    next time when you troll on somebody make sure your right
    Talking like a bad ass over the internet doesn't really make you a complete bad ass irl .
    Talking bout drugs and shit over the internet doesn't make you cooler either .
    What's on the internet stays on the internet .

  16. #28
    Logical.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Who the hell cares?
    Posts
    2,978
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    160
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Who gives a fuck if he doesn't wear a seat belt?

    R.I.P to my nephew Derek at the age of 17. Always will remember you.. October 15th,2011.
    logicalmpgh@hotmail.com
    E-mail me if you have any questions or concerns.

    My accounts currently:
    Anyone interested about my account, contact me through PM.
    https://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=6072365

  17. #29
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,707
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    I think you've missed the point of the argument. It's not about mutually exclusive safety mechanisms and their ability to function independently, it's about restraint and increasing your chance of survival. The airbag is most definitely designed to work with the seatbelt. From your fantasies it seems like you don't know the amount of force airbag deployment creates. Couple that with no seatbelt and incredible deceleration and you'll be lucky to make it out alive and even then your chances of making it out with any of your upper vertebrae intact is incredibly unlikely without a seatbelt. Again the seatbelt is for restraint from both initial airbag deployment and to stop you from flying out the windscreen in the event of airbag malfunction or simply if you don't have one.

    Consider this study which shows that airbags alone with NO seatbelt increases the likelihood of a fatality by up to four times then those who use it in conjunction with a seatbelt or those with just a seatbelt and no airbag.

    Airbags Associated With Increased Automobile Accident Deaths, According To New UGA Study

    I think you over estimate the usefulness of a crumple zone. It's intent is to reduce the amount of deceleration and to redistribute the force away from the driver seat and into the weaker points of the car, but it's effectiveness derives from the initial speed of contact and is most effective at lower speed head-on collision. Any other angle will inhibit force distribution rapidly. That is where airbags AND seatbelts come into play.

    You also say stacking safety features increases your chance of survival. Does this not contradict your initial statements? That being that you don't wear seatbelts due to its lack of usefulness. Isn't it best practice to increase the chance of survival whilst disregarding outlying factors in favour of overwhelming effectiveness?

    I don't understand your comparison to cyclists. If they choose to risk head safety then that is their wish, that shouldn't be a factor in considering your options regarding safety. If your reasoning for forgoing the use of a seatbelt is because so and so doesn't wear a helmet then I must question your capability as a driver. Also your argument for the use of seatbelt on planes is completely irrelevant as they are two separate and completely different designs and they have different purposes. Please don't resort to irrationality for sake of it.

    TL;DR why would you lower your chance of survival for no apparent gains other than a chance of surviving a single situation whilst severely impairing your chance of survival in every other situation?
    Buddy, I'm almost a licensed mechanical engineer, I have a way better understanding of the physics of a car crash than you. Lets break it down:

    Air bag deployment has a reduced mortality rate of 63%,
    While the standard seatbelt reduced mortality rate by 72%.
    Theoretically combined, that would lead to an 80% rate.

    Source: Mortality Reduction with Air Bag and Seat Belt Use in Head-on Passenger Car Collisions

    So you're saying a 17% chance of increasing my safety by discomfort and safety concerns is valid? Even after you factor in the chances of even being in a collision, then factoring in whether it's a head on collision or not, what speeds would be considered fatal, and whether that's enough force to send you through a windshield, whether you've had time to brace for impact or not, the entire idea that you need to be strapped to a 1+ ton moving object is the most primitive form of protection you can have. Even the fact that the force of the impact is enough to throw you out of your car is enough to kill you by the seatbelt alone.

    I don't think you even know what you're talking about. The crumple zone ALONE is the biggest factor in safety an automobile can have. An inelastic collision kills, plain and simple, your body can't withstand a sudden drastic change in velocity, seatbelt or not. In fact, you'd have a better chance of flying through the air and landing on some soft cushion then having the seatbelt instantly kill you. A perfect elastic collision would absorb all the force of impact and protect the inner contents. Think of a pile of leaves, you can jump from a reasonable height and not receive any damage because the leaves CRUMPLE to absorb impact. They can build vehicles that are perfectly inelastic, won't stop everything inside from turning to mush. So I think you underestimate the usefulness of a crumple zone.

    I'm contradicting my original statements? If I was overly worried about my safety, I wouldn't ride a bike, drive a motorcycle, take a walk on sidewalks near streets, probably not leave my house. Everything is a calculated risk. I'm not going to drive around in full body armor because I'm scared of a collision. If you're so worried about safety, why aren't you doing that? You might be able to boost your survival rate to 90%! Oh, it's an inconvenice, like a seatbelt! Imagine that, the only one contradicting themselves seems to be you.

    There is a prevalent theme in the idea that you need to wear a helmet and strap on a seatbelt. A trade off of inconvenience for safety. No one wears a helmet while biking, are you going to complain about that too? If you even ride a motorcycle, saying that you need to wear a seatbelt is plain stupid and contradictory. If you don't understand the argument, don't assume it's pointless. I can assume that you'll never ride a motorcycle.

    And I'll give you a hint what I was talking about a plane falling. Terminal velocity ~= 120 MP/H. Two vehicles head on at 60 MP/H... Though you have a far better chance of surviving the latter, the concept remains the same.

    Sounds like you're tooting the government's horn instead of using your own logic to deduce what is a solution and what isn't.
    ---------

    And FYI, the crumple zone is used to distribute the remaining force to the hardest part of the vehicle (the frame), not the weakest.
    Last edited by arunforce; 11-24-2012 at 02:08 AM.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  18. #30
    stylos114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    可憐的母狗世界
    Posts
    375
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    54
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thats one hell of a stupid post.... Also BUX? tell him to learn english.
    WANNAH SMOKE SUM COLOURED WEED? THERE YAH GO --->

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Did everyone get this? pop up?
    By xxArchAngelxx in forum League of Legends Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 09:49 AM
  2. [Help Request] This pops up when starting CA...
    By HomeScillet in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 08:26 PM
  3. [Help Request] iight this message keeps popping up
    By Cookiee4lyf in forum Alliance of Valiant Arms (AVA) Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 09:20 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 07:13 AM