Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

That replaces metro, I want it off my computer completely
    Come on Lehsy, windows 8 really is a great OS.
    If you want a start button just right click the lower left corner. It has all the options the start menu does.
    .Gragtastic.
    Failed Genius

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragodine View Post
    Come on Lehsy, windows 8 really is a great OS.
    If you want a start button just right click the lower left corner. It has all the options the start menu does.
    It's a compact dumbed down version of 7 dude, all they did was remove a bunch or extras normally available to desktop OS's made crappy apps for them instead, made the style big and blocky, removed ribbons, dumbed down the task manager for tablet optimization, and set it up so the next distribution would not support 32 but applications. The entire thing is built around the Microsoft App Market and tablets because tablets are the only hardware MS sells physically. Also they did to boost their app market and make a standard OS for all of their hardware (the next Xbox, all windows phones, etc) to cut developing costs. It's terrible for desktop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

It's a compact dumbed down version of 7 dude, all they did was remove a bunch or extras normally available to desktop OS's made crappy apps for them instead, made the style big and blocky, removed ribbons, dumbed down the task manager for tablet optimization, and set it up so the next distribution would not support 32 but applications. The entire thing is built around the Microsoft App Market and tablets because tablets are the only hardware MS sells physically. Also they did to boost their app market and make a standard OS for all of their hardware (the next Xbox, all windows phones, etc) to cut developing costs. It's terrible for desktop.
    The task manager is actually WAY better than win7.
    Other things are mostly true.
    .Gragtastic.
    Failed Genius

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    The task manager is actually WAY better than win7.
    Other things are mostly true.
    I don't like it it feels dumbed down to me. What I look for in a new OS is more features, better implementation of elements already distributed, and an organized workspace. 8 took all of that away. Instead of simply adding more features or change Pre-existing ones, they took away many features and changed it to that whole app scheme. Then made it annoying to navigate.

None of my DAW's worked on 8 properly as well. My MIDI controller wouldn't even be detected by Windows 8. No one in the music industry is going to change over because of the lack of compatibility for many different types of hardware.

Windows 9 is why I'll be waiting for

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I don't like it it feels dumbed down to me. What I look for in a new OS is more features, better implementation of elements already distributed, and an organized workspace. 8 took all of that away. Instead of simply adding more features or change Pre-existing ones, they took away many features and changed it to that whole app scheme. Then made it annoying to navigate.

None of my DAW's worked on 8 properly as well. My MIDI controller wouldn't even be detected by Windows 8. No one in the music industry is going to change over because of the lack of compatibility for many different types of hardware.

Windows 9 is why I'll be waiting for
    It's probably gonna be based on win8.
    See what apple has done.
    .Gragtastic.
    Failed Genius

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    It's probably gonna be based on win8.
    See what apple has done.
    They did the same with Vista and 7, 7 is based off of Vista's platform but they cut out everything and remade it. If they do a remake of 8 hopefully they will have a native desktop version and a tablet version separately, I just want my damn ribbons and task bar back an no metro, I'll even take the classic style on 98 over metro

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I Currently Have windows Eight on my other computer/gameing rig It is a nice windows but most online games/or there anti hacks programs are not yet compatible with winodws 8 sadly so i would give it a couple months

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123