Thread: Reading Speed?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Reading Speed?

I think I'm a slow reader, just wanted to see how fast you people can read some text.

If you want, read (you may like it, better if you know what it's from :0) :

Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of the everyday routine, the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration - whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, are celebrated with a nice holiday - I thought we could mark this November the fifth, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.
    There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now orders are being shouted into telephones and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?
    Cruelty and injustice...intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.
    I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War. Terror. Disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you and in your panic, you turned to the now High Chancellor Adam Sutler. He promised you order. He promised you peace. And all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.
    Last night, I sought to end that silence. Last night, I destroyed the Old Bailey to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago, a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice and freedom are more than words - they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest that you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek...then I ask you to stand beside me, one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament. And together, we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever, be forgot!

This took me about 57.8 seconds to read (used a stop watch), and I was sorta just scanning it.
    Rep. Power: 111

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post
    I think I'm a slow reader, just wanted to see how fast you people can read some text.

If you want, read (you may like it, better if you know what it's from :0) :

Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of the everyday routine, the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration - whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, are celebrated with a nice holiday - I thought we could mark this November the fifth, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.
    There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now orders are being shouted into telephones and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?
    Cruelty and injustice...intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.
    I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War. Terror. Disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you and in your panic, you turned to the now High Chancellor Adam Sutler. He promised you order. He promised you peace. And all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.
    Last night, I sought to end that silence. Last night, I destroyed the Old Bailey to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago, a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice and freedom are more than words - they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest that you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek...then I ask you to stand beside me, one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament. And together, we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever, be forgot!

This took me about 57.8 seconds to read (used a stop watch), and I was sorta just scanning it.
    34.7 seconds. Now since when is London a country? I mean I know he is talking about Britain but he only adresses London and talks about what is wrong in the country..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    34.7 seconds. Now since when is London a country? I mean I know he is talking about Britain but he only adresses London and talks about what is wrong in the country..

He is talking to the people of London about the entire country.

Thanks
    This is a thread that will never, ever be forgotten.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Really fast for scanning
    Medium-fast for filling info in temporary memory
    Slow for analysis and editing
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Want to get giftcards, electronics, and much more ..for FREE?

P2S is the way to go. It offers countless amount of items at cheap rates. It has everything from giftcards to paypal money.

To get started...

Go to any web-browsing software, and type in "https://w w w. p o i n t s 2 s h o p . c o m ? r e f =uin1392610755" without the quotes and spaces. Hit Enter. Register and verify your account by going into your e-mail.

At the top, go to "Profile" and Edit your account info and demographics (You will get pts for this). Then, go to Earn Points, and click on any offer you'd like and do those. You will get points. Once you have enough points, scroll over to "Spend Points" at the top and click on whatever category you would like, then buy the item.

Have fun!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    37.3 seconds of reading..

Please be aware of imposters. I do not own a Skype account and I will NEVER contact you outside of MPGH.

My MPGH History

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    18 minutes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    What is reading?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Seriously dont get how you guys read it in under 40 seconds, my pace seems so slow.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    35 seconds

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    I never read entire pages. It took me 32.9 seconds to "read" that. All I must say, "Remember, remember, the fifth of November".

If I were to actually read it and take in every word, it would take me about a minute and eleven seconds. I read at an above average pace because I tend to skip words that are used as fillers. I taught myself to only take in the keywords and then reform what I read in my mind. Ironically I didn't mean to do this, I did it at a very early age because my Dad always did that as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Skimming through it, 28.5 seconds.
    Understanding it, 1 minute 25 seconds.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    1 second. Didnt bother finish reading all of it after first sentence.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12