Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itz me_ View Post
    I'm not an uneducated person and there's no reason to get snippy. The Connecticut shooter didn't plan for months to shoot up an elementary school, he just snapped and had easy access to a gun. He was described by people who grew up with him and who lived near him as a "ticking time bomb" and a "disaster waiting to happen". The 2nd amendment is outdated. When it was added to the Constitution there weren't guns that could slaughter a crowd in a minute, there weren't guns that could be fired thirty times before needing to be reloaded. I guarantee if he had gone in there with a knife or even a sword that the death toll would have been 4 tops and he would have been captured instead of getting a chance to kill himself quickly.

Please explain to me why one has to own a gun.

Additionally, based on your post, I'm pretty sure you're one of the gung-hoe gun wielders that I would prefer not to have a gun. You like one that would shoot first then ask questions later.

Removing the 2nd amendment is just how I feel on this.

Stupid quote, very stupid quote. Yes, people are the ones squeezing the trigger, but the guns are the tools making massacres on such a large scale as these possible.

I don't know if you all realize this, but this shooting was deadlier than Columbine and beaten only by the Virginia Tech shooting. That's fuckin' insane.
    As I have explained in another thread, humans have had weaponry since the dawn of man. It is up to that PERSON to decide what they do with it. What you said above was that no one should have a gun. So this means no one should hunt efficiently? No one should be allowed to defend themselves from someone who obtains a gun illegally? By that standing the military shouldn't have guns as well, after all, THEY ARE PEOPLE TOO.

And as I said in another thread, what you described is this: If a man decides to rape a woman, then every man should have his dick cut off because one man did not know how to use it correctly.

You are attempting to punish the masses due to a select few's actions. Do you understand how selfish and arrogant that sounds? It's intolerant and disgusting. Do you even know why we have the right to bear arms? To DEFEND ourselves if the government, the people who tell us what we can and can't have, becomes corrupt. Weaponry is here to defend yourself. If you use it to attack someone, then that is on YOU AS A PERSON.

Do I believe we should all have assault rifles? No. Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns (pump) suffice, as a pistol for protection, a rifle for hunting, and a shotgun as well for hunting larger game. It is also the fault of those who allowed him to obtain possession of the weapon.

As YOU said, he was said by his peers to be a "ticking time bomb", so why the fuck would they let him have a gun?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by itz me_ View Post
    I'm not an uneducated person and there's no reason to get snippy. The Connecticut shooter didn't plan for months to shoot up an elementary school, he just snapped and had easy access to a gun. He was described by people who grew up with him and who lived near him as a "ticking time bomb" and a "disaster waiting to happen". The 2nd amendment is outdated. When it was added to the Constitution there weren't guns that could slaughter a crowd in a minute, there weren't guns that could be fired thirty times before needing to be reloaded. I guarantee if he had gone in there with a knife or even a sword that the death toll would have been 4 tops and he would have been captured instead of getting a chance to kill himself quickly.

Please explain to me why one has to own a gun.

Additionally, based on your post, I'm pretty sure you're one of the gung-hoe gun wielders that I would prefer not to have a gun. You like one that would shoot first then ask questions later.

Removing the 2nd amendment is just how I feel on this.

Stupid quote, very stupid quote. Yes, people are the ones squeezing the trigger, but the guns are the tools making massacres on such a large scale as these possible.

I don't know if you all realize this, but this shooting was deadlier than Columbine and beaten only by the Virginia Tech shooting. That's fuckin' insane.
    Orly? People who lived near him and grew up with him described him as a "ticking time bomb" and a "disaster waiting to happen" Then, why didn't those morons do something about it. People want to live in a safer community, where there is domestic peace, take responsibility as a citizen to be cautious, wary, and ready for any necessary action. Like I also said before, a massacre can be perpetrated in a variety of ways, it is not limited to guns. Sure, maybe guns are more effective, but in all honesty, whether ten people die or one hundred, it is STILL a massacre. Why focus on only disarming potential criminals, rather than preventing them from arising completely?

Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post
    109 people die everyday in fatal car accidents.
    16 people are killed every year by a vending machine.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Oh look. Another thread.
    Oh hai der.

Thanks
    I am done with these threads. I have to deal with them on facebook, people who do not know what the fuck they are saying. And now General is being attacked by spamfags who think they know what they're saying.

Facebook is one thing, but MPGH General Discussion is an entirely different thing. We have had, from what I have seen, 3-4 Threads about this.

I think that is enough.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    there are already threads about this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoRaptor View Post
    I am done with these threads. I have to deal with them on facebook, people who do not know what the fuck they are saying. And now General is being attacked by spamfags who think they know what they're saying.

Facebook is one thing, but MPGH General Discussion is an entirely different thing. We have had, from what I have seen, 3-4 Threads about this.

I think that is enough.
    Most of the shit I see on facebook is:

"Pray for the victims, pray for the world", blah, blah, blah.
    People quoting the Bible. Shit is retarded man.
    Last thing I want to hear is people yapping about their "benevolent" God, and how I should be praying.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Anti (12-15-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Most of the shit I see on facebook is:

"Pray for the victims, pray for the world", blah, blah, blah.
    People quoting the Bible. Shit is retarded man.
    Last thing I want to hear is people yapping about their "benevolent" God, and how I should be praying.
    It get's real annoying and the last thing the parents want is to be reminded on facebook over and over about how they are praying for them. They need space. Not half ass comments.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Guns protect people from people with smaller guns.
    I fail how to see that statement is correct.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

I think that is enough.
    Just because my views are different from yours and go further than others' doesn't mean I "don't know what [I'm] saying". I know what I'm saying. Someone has yet to enlighten me as to why one needs to own a gun.
    Click to see who you're dealing with! (Left)

Former Runescape Gold Farmer: 20B+ Farmed
    CoD Addict: 3000+ hours played

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

As I have explained in another thread, humans have had weaponry since the dawn of man. It is up to that PERSON to decide what they do with it. What you said above was that no one should have a gun. So this means no one should hunt efficiently? No one should be allowed to defend themselves from someone who obtains a gun illegally? By that standing the military shouldn't have guns as well, after all, THEY ARE PEOPLE TOO.

And as I said in another thread, what you described is this: If a man decides to rape a woman, then every man should have his dick cut off because one man did not know how to use it correctly.

You are attempting to punish the masses due to a select few's actions. Do you understand how selfish and arrogant that sounds? It's intolerant and disgusting. Do you even know why we have the right to bear arms? To DEFEND ourselves if the government, the people who tell us what we can and can't have, becomes corrupt. Weaponry is here to defend yourself. If you use it to attack someone, then that is on YOU AS A PERSON.

Do I believe we should all have assault rifles? No. Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns (pump) suffice, as a pistol for protection, a rifle for hunting, and a shotgun as well for hunting larger game. It is also the fault of those who allowed him to obtain possession of the weapon.

As YOU said, he was said by his peers to be a "ticking time bomb", so why the fuck would they let him have a gun?
    Agreed. If you tighten laws it only keeps guns away from the good guys. The bad guys will always have guns.

^Thanks to RJ^

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AVGN For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (12-15-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    No to abolishing the second amendment. Yes to banning assault rifles again.

If you take a look back at the major mass shootings over the years you will see a pattern.

Ar-15's were used, in the case of the DC sniper, a Bushmaster .223 (pretty much a civilian grade m-16)

You put an extended 50 round clip on these guns, and the shooter has the capability of firing upon multiple targets without the need to reload.
    These guns are overkill, and don't need to be in the hands of civilians.
    There also needs to be a nationwide update to the screening process of future gun owners.
    Physical psyche evaluations would be a pretty good start.
    I understand this won't solve all of the problems,
    but it will certainly make it harder on your neighborhood psychopath to go shoot up a school or movie theater.
    That isn't how people get their guns. Where I come from, a gun can be easily gained from the streets.

Thanks
    Nobody really cares .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You have these people that exercise there amendments and state laws. Open carry weapons. Walking down the street with an assault rifle, cops get called, cops ask for the persons identity, doesn't have to show it because of his rights. Then you have all these shootings and shit. Shit wasn't like this when I was growing up. All you can do is hope for the best.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Koompa View Post

That isn't how people get their guns. Where I come from, a gun can be easily gained from the streets.
    Don't tell me that's not how they're getting their guns.

Aurora theater shooting: Assault rifle obtained legally

DC sniper shootings: Assault rifles gained legally

Virginia tech shooting: Guns obtained legally

Sandy hook school shooting: Assault rifle taken from parent whom which obtained gun legally

You obviously aren't getting the point.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 12-15-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast