Thread: Time Travel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    i believe its possible to look into the future thanks to the movie Paycheck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I beleive it is possible. Time does exist, just not in they way you would think of it, like a clock. Once it has gone by, it is not truly gone. This concept may be easier to understand if you think about how light travels. Everything you see is light bouncing off of matter or being absorbed into it. Something you see that is white, is light bouncing back. Black objects are light being absorbed into the matter of the object. The way in which light is reflected and refracted is due to the chemical composition of the object. This also means that everything you see is from the past, even though it was an octillionth of a second of delay to reach your eye. When you look into the sky at night and see stars that are lightyears from earth, you are looking billions of years into the past. So, through this concept of light traveling great distances through a vaccuum, time travel is possible. It depends on the speed at which something, such as light, is traveling. These ideas may be hard to understand, but let me explain a bit further: Wormholes, Black holes, and White holes are the three extra terestrial phenomenons that lead us to the beleif that actually traveling through time is possible. On this thought, Wormholes are thought to be holes in time and space that are like a shortcut through space and time. Black holes are similar, except matter sucked into a black hole is condensed so much a person would be one million times smaller than a standard skin cell. White holes are the opposite of Black holes. White holes seem to endlessly pour matter into space. There is thought to be a relation between White and Black holes that suggests matter from a black hole ends up coming out of a white hole in a different time and place, acting similar to a worm hole. White holes and Black holes stay active for millions of years before dissipating, and worm holes may last as long or only for a fraction of a second. Now besides what I have learned, here is my theory: we have broken the sound barrier in speed, but for time travel to be possible we need to go faster than light. We will never go this fast in a shuttle or spacecraft, it is not physically possible for a human to be moved at that speed. In my eyes, time travel will be possible through worm holes ( shortcuts, or folds in space and time ). These holes are unstable and unpredictable though, and could spit you out in another time and place. We must learn to open wormholes, keep them open, and control them for our own use. I don't think it will be possible for a long, long time after our generation or the next 30 generations have gone by. Oh, but time travel is most definitely possible, and will be made so sometime in the future. but research on time and space travel will cost so much. There's likely other planets like ours that are inhabitable, but the human race will likely destroy themselves in wars and self conflict. Greed is the instinctive way of the human race. And no i didn't steal this from a website or article, this is what i have learned and this is my theory. Maybe you learned from it or developed your own set of ideas. Whatever the case, may my knowledge enrich your mind =p.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    ill try to find the article again.
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Another thing, to maybe help all your understandings of my last post. I'll tell you a bit about energy and matter. This is what i know and may not be the exact idea of it.
    All matter is raw energy that was transformed into matter by the massive big boom
    ( theoretical ). Our universe is the result of the big boom, the universe is constantly expanding, and will one day decompress so much so that atoms in chemical compounds will be torn apart and electrons, protons, and neutrons will be ripped off atoms to become raw energy once again. Also, of another idea, is the way raw energy travels through matter. a wave, an electric shock, a fire, light, the wind. these are all matter being changed and manipulated by energy. When light is absorbed into something black, the light energy is CHANGED into other forms of energy, like heat and micro-resonance. On the Kelvin temperature scale, there is an absolute zero, which means matter containing no energy at all. In deep space there might be chunks of matter at absolute zero, but we aren't sure if it is possible. Another idea on the workings of light, is the possibility of the concept of invisibility. Invisibility would be possible if there were a way to get light waves to go around an object, instead of being absorbed into it or bouncing off of it. ok i'm very tired and can't spend much more time writing on this subject, i'm gonna go to bed lol bye.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by hyak View Post
    if you think time travels possible i think you got problems
    You have no proof to state that you can or can't,therfore gtfo.

Thanks
    its not possible because you cant travel through nothing. and if u were going fast enough you wouldnt break air you would still be going through it. there is no invisible portal shit either.
    uʍop əpısdn ədʎʇ ʇuɐɔ sqoou
    Whatever happened to sex, drugs, & rock 'n roll?
    now we just have aids, crack, and techno.

haters gunna hate while they keep drinkin that hatorade.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    hey maybe also in the future we will have invented a way to blueprint a person's makeup. turn the matter of the person into raw energy to be sent through a rift in space and recompiled on the otherside, suggesting that we can encapsulate the energy somehow, to not be lost in space. and if the person's mental memory is intact somehow on the other side. I have no idea how that would work but i beleive that also would be possible. Maybe i'm insane but i have all these ideas mehehehe...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4rt4n View Post
    its not possible because you cant travel through nothing. and if u were going fast enough you wouldnt break air you would still be going through it. there is no invisible portal shit either.
    between our planet and the moon, our planet and other planets, there is space. space is a vaccuum, which is nothing. there is no matter or anti-matter in space. space shuttles travel through this "nothing" to get to the moon, mars, etc. Light, a radioactive form of energy also traverses this void, and is the only known form of energy to do so. therefore light is the most primal form of energy and closest in relation to raw energy. Time is not "nothing" either. Time is a matter of your location in existence, or in our case, the universe. let's compare time on a planet that is two lightyears from earth. We see the light that reflected off that planet two lightyears ago in our present. When you see this light, you're looking into the past. When you travel faster than light, you travel through time. For a long time your suggestion that time travel is impossible will remain true, but it IS possible and it WILL be done. do a little googling and watch some nat geo. I think many people such as yourself simply don't understand physics and the structure of energy to matter theories adding to the idea of all this. My only real effective advice for everyone is LEARN LEARN LEARN.

Thanks
    This t7 guy is very intelligent, and completely changed my mind after I read all of his posts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I think you guys have the wrong definition of a time paradox. Here's my explanation: When and if somebody goes to the past, the slightest change could alter history an an uncomprehensible way. one murder 500 years in the past may add up to thousands of people that would never exist in the time in which the murderer came from. also, how would that affect the future? would those people in that bloodline cease to exist? all knowledge and traces of them disappear? every aspect of every single thing could be changed in the blink of an eye. would the non existant people still exist in a separate dimensional thread of time? If any of this is possible, do we actually dare go into the past? We could, in theory, reshape our world the way we see fit. This is a crazy suggestion but if in our future we do find a way to travel in time, have we already? This sounds like a crazy conspiracy, but it might be possible. Is our world changed every day by the future populace? Or is it physically impossible to actually change the past? What about the future? There are confusing twists and turns in the possibilities that lie ahead of the human race and until we make some damned huge discoveries, all we are able to go on are crazy conspiracies and theories. Think on this before you go to sleep, develope your own ideas and just think, what the hell was that t7 guy thinking?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    basically a time paradox to date is the unknown conflicts of actaully traveling in time or changing history. So far, we are clueless. Who knows, one day we may be completely destroyed by our ventures. Or our greed will take our understanding of things to a higher level. We simply can not know until the *cough* time comes that we advance or decline. I'm very tired and losing my edge... bye this time for real. Think on this though, and tell if you don't get lost in the ideas you can pull from your mind.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    hell no if it was i would go back in time

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    No. There is nothing to return to or to move ahead to. All that exists is present time. There is nothing else. Notice in the physics trilogy that the only value that remains unchanging is that of "c2". E = mc2, m = E/c2, and c2 = E/m. This is the value that our universe and all in it is composed of - physical time. Were all the mass of our universe reduced to this value, physical time would equal zero. Then there would exist no such concept as past and future, for these concept relate only to that of mass.
    copy and paste ftw!
    I am the God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    i think it is possible as far as star trek is concerned.....lmao
    Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us at a Moment of Our Choosing

Join the HeartBreak ARMY: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/heart_break_army.html

I'm a Muslim, What are You?
    Trademark Inc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post
    i think it is possible as far as star trek is concerned.....lmao
    You watch to much movies.
    ]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast