Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    1 Corsair HX-850 V2 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply $229.00
    1 ASUS Maximus V Formula Assassins Creed 3 Edition $359.00
    1 ASUS Radeon HD7970 Matrix Platinum 3GB $599.00
    dumb choices

    >4.6ghz isnt my max
    Just push it to what you can

  2. #32
    Genesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    4,225
    Reputation
    1391
    Thanks
    2,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post
    1 Corsair HX-850 V2 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply $229.00
    1 ASUS Maximus V Formula Assassins Creed 3 Edition $359.00
    1 ASUS Radeon HD7970 Matrix Platinum 3GB $599.00
    dumb choices

    >4.6ghz isnt my max
    Just push it to what you can
    I like my choices thanks.

  3. #33
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    What do you need a Maximus V, a ROG and a 850 watt power supply for?

  4. #34
    Genesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    4,225
    Reputation
    1391
    Thanks
    2,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post
    What do you need a Maximus V, a ROG and a 850 watt power supply for?
    It doesn't matter what i need it for, since it's my personal choice.

    However.

    Maximus V Formula
    + Red color scheme, fits in with what i was trying to do.
    + Inbuit HD Audio
    + Inbuilt Wifi which i need.
    + Free game
    + ROG Bios
    + It's an ASUS, i trust ASUS.

    7970 Platinum
    + Fastest single gpu card out, and i dont plan to upgrade for 2 years so i needed the best.

    850w PSU = Headroom for OCing and it's a Corsair.

    In reality it doesnt matter anyway because I have it and I like it and thats what matters.

  5. #35
    yenpham280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0

  6. #36
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post
    Maximus V Formula
    + Red color scheme, fits in with what i was trying to do.
    + Inbuit HD Audio
    + Inbuilt Wifi which i need.
    + Free game
    + ROG Bios
    + It's an ASUS, i trust ASUS.

    7970 Platinum
    + Fastest single gpu card out, and i dont plan to upgrade for 2 years so i needed the best.

    850w PSU = Headroom for OCing and it's a Corsair.

    So you pretty much paid 300 dollars for a black and red Asus board? Game is about 60 bucks.
    All modern boards have inbuilt HD Audio
    Higher end motherboards around the $200 mark has inbuilt Wifi
    Red colour scheme
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Motherboard [Z77-PROFESSIONAL] - $229.00 : PC Case Gear
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance Motherboard [Z77-PERFORMANCE] - $155.00 : PC Case Gear
    No reason to distrust another brand, especially since Asus owns Asrock.

    Nope, 680 is.


    The max power that the card can use is around 400watts.
    My i7 2600k @ 4.4GHz eats around 200w playing Battlefield 3.
    No other component makes and difference in relative to those two components.
    So 850w is way out of the range of what you need.
    750w should be max.
    Best brand of power supply is Seasonic, not Corsair, even though Corsair is great and I have one.

  7. #37
    Genesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    4,225
    Reputation
    1391
    Thanks
    2,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post


    So you pretty much paid 300 dollars for a black and red Asus board? Game is about 60 bucks.
    All modern boards have inbuilt HD Audio
    Higher end motherboards around the $200 mark has inbuilt Wifi
    Red colour scheme
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Motherboard [Z77-PROFESSIONAL] - $229.00 : PC Case Gear
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance Motherboard [Z77-PERFORMANCE] - $155.00 : PC Case Gear
    No reason to distrust another brand, especially since Asus owns Asrock.

    Nope, 680 is.


    The max power that the card can use is around 400watts.
    My i7 2600k @ 4.4GHz eats around 200w playing Battlefield 3.
    No other component makes and difference in relative to those two components.
    So 850w is way out of the range of what you need.
    750w should be max.
    Best brand of power supply is Seasonic, not Corsair, even though Corsair is great and I have one.
    Those Benchmarks were taken with Catalyst 12.9 drivers while 12.11 beta gives a performance boost of up to 20% setting the platinum as the clear winner.

  8. #38
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post


    Those Benchmarks were taken with Catalyst 12.9 drivers while 12.11 beta gives a performance boost of up to 20% setting the platinum as the clear winner.
    >completely ignores whatever else that was stated
    It's up to 20%, that doesn't mean it will happen on every card there is.

  9. #39
    Pheles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,080
    Reputation
    46
    Thanks
    49
    My Mood
    Bored
    $2500~ dollars. jelly of dat money you waste but not the computer. as long as you're happy with it.
    ... hi


     

  10. #40
    Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    13,889
    Reputation
    855
    Thanks
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post
    You people are dumb, you do realize the whole system didnt cost 2,700?
    I replaced all the fans, and also bought the monitor keyboard and mouse.
    @Stevenom i bought it from PCCG so idk what you're talking about. 4.6ghz isnt my max but it's 32*C in my room so i don't want to push it now.

    3 CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200 Red $57.00
    1 CoolerMaster HAF X Case $189.00
    1 Tt eSPORTS Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard $69.00
    1 G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL (4x4GB) DDR3 $105.00
    1 Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit $12.00
    1 BitFenix Spectre Pro 140mm Black Tinted Red LED Fan $19.00
    1 Tt eSPORTS Black Theron 5600 DPI Colourshift Gaming Mouse $69.00
    1 Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $99.00
    1 SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 240GB $179.00
    1 Intel Core i7 3770K $335.00
    1 Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Black 24x DVDRW OEM $25.00
    1 ModSmart 10cm UV Red Cable Ties - Pack of 10 $1.00
    1 Corsair HX-850 V2 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply $229.00
    1 BenQ RL2450H 24in LED Widescreen Gaming Monitor $199.00
    1 ASUS Radeon HD7970 Matrix Platinum 3GB $599.00
    1 ASUS Maximus V Formula Assassins Creed 3 Edition $359.00
    1 Corsair Hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler

    Take out the price of the monitor keyboard extra fans and mouse and i really paid $2309 also got a free game and free mousepad.
    @Snape @rHozet @Ecstasy Ethereal @ChimiBang
    2309?
    oh my, you are killing me, stop!!!!

    Last edited by Snape; 01-04-2013 at 03:20 AM.



  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Snape For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Psychotic (01-04-2013)

  12. #41
    Paralyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,833
    Reputation
    1511
    Thanks
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post
    You people are dumb, you do realize the whole system didnt cost 2,700?
    I replaced all the fans, and also bought the monitor keyboard and mouse.
    @Stevenom i bought it from PCCG so idk what you're talking about. 4.6ghz isnt my max but it's 32*C in my room so i don't want to push it now.

    3 CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200 Red $57.00
    1 CoolerMaster HAF X Case $189.00
    1 Tt eSPORTS Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard $69.00
    1 G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL (4x4GB) DDR3 $105.00
    1 Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit $12.00
    1 BitFenix Spectre Pro 140mm Black Tinted Red LED Fan $19.00
    1 Tt eSPORTS Black Theron 5600 DPI Colourshift Gaming Mouse $69.00
    1 Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $99.00
    1 SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 240GB $179.00
    1 Intel Core i7 3770K $335.00
    1 Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Black 24x DVDRW OEM $25.00
    1 ModSmart 10cm UV Red Cable Ties - Pack of 10 $1.00
    1 Corsair HX-850 V2 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply $229.00
    1 BenQ RL2450H 24in LED Widescreen Gaming Monitor $199.00
    1 ASUS Radeon HD7970 Matrix Platinum 3GB $599.00
    1 ASUS Maximus V Formula Assassins Creed 3 Edition $359.00
    1 Corsair Hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler

    Take out the price of the monitor keyboard extra fans and mouse and i really paid $2309 also got a free game and free mousepad.
    @Snape @rHozet @Ecstasy Ethereal @ChimiBang
    I do believe you but I'm not jelly. That because I think it's waste of your money putting it all in your computer. Unless you have enough money left though.
    Member: December 24th, 2012
    Donator: January 4th, 2013
    Editor: January 19th, 2013 - August 17th, 2013
    Battlefield Minion: March 7th, 2013 - September 22nd, 2013
    Former Staff: September 22nd, 2013 - January 21st, 2014
    Battlefield Minion: January 21st, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
    Titanfall Minion: February 25th, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
    Former Staff: May 5th, 2014 - October 10th, 2015
    Battlefield Minion: October 10th, 2015 - February 12th, 2017
    Call of Duty Minion: March 4th, 2016 - February 12th, 2017

  13. #42
    GreatSev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    84
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13


    inb4 ban


    omg my picture............
    Last edited by GreatSev; 01-04-2013 at 07:55 AM.

  14. #43
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post
    You people are dumb, you do realize the whole system didnt cost 2,700?
    I replaced all the fans, and also bought the monitor keyboard and mouse.
    @Stevenom i bought it from PCCG so idk what you're talking about. 4.6ghz isnt my max but it's 32*C in my room so i don't want to push it now.

    3 CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200 Red $57.00
    1 CoolerMaster HAF X Case $189.00
    1 Tt eSPORTS Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard $69.00
    1 G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL (4x4GB) DDR3 $105.00
    1 Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit $12.00
    1 BitFenix Spectre Pro 140mm Black Tinted Red LED Fan $19.00
    1 Tt eSPORTS Black Theron 5600 DPI Colourshift Gaming Mouse $69.00
    1 Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 $99.00
    1 SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 240GB $179.00
    1 Intel Core i7 3770K $335.00
    1 Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Black 24x DVDRW OEM $25.00
    1 ModSmart 10cm UV Red Cable Ties - Pack of 10 $1.00
    1 Corsair HX-850 V2 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply $229.00
    1 BenQ RL2450H 24in LED Widescreen Gaming Monitor $199.00
    1 ASUS Radeon HD7970 Matrix Platinum 3GB $599.00
    1 ASUS Maximus V Formula Assassins Creed 3 Edition $359.00
    1 Corsair Hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler

    Take out the price of the monitor keyboard extra fans and mouse and i really paid $2309 also got a free game and free mousepad.
    @Snape @rHozet @Ecstasy Ethereal @ChimiBang
    LOL..yeah bro..we're stupid. You still payed 2309.00

    This is literally 2 minutes of searching. Plenty sustainable for any gaming/multimedia needs for quite a while.

    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)

    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($80.76 @ Amazon)

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($147.86 @ Newegg)

    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)

    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Amazon)

    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($159.95 @ Amazon)

    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($369.99 @ Newegg)

    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($369.99 @ Newegg)

    Case: NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($119.99 @ Newegg)

    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($119.99 @ Newegg)

    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg)

    Total: $1882.49

  15. #44
    Royce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    16,871
    Reputation
    3038
    Thanks
    5,969
    Naws I perfer my shit mac.

    Contact me via
    | |
     
    Nig Boi since - 12.15.96
    MPGH Member Since - 12.28.08
    MPGH Cocksucker Since - 05.17.12
    MPGH Wiki Manager Since - 11.16.12
    ROTMG Minion Since -10.22.13
    PB Minion Since - 12.12.13

    R.I.P Royce Since - 1.13.14
    The Return (ROTMG) since 03.23.15
    GTA Minion since 04.22.15

    R.I.P Royce again since 06.28.15
    The Return again(Steam) since 02.28.17
    CrossFire Minion Since -09.20.17
    Fornite Minion Since - 10.10.17

     
    "well ain't dat sum shit. Sucks for you, but you did well professionally, and nobody can ever say you would be shit at any future positions. But you just gotta know when to not fuck up, or just go the silent mod route like tommi, or ravallo, or nico." - Doc


    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminarly View Post
    Did you refresh the thread and see my comment? No way you replied that quickly


  16. #45
    Hux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Candy Kingdom
    Posts
    6,830
    Reputation
    588
    Thanks
    779
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Naws I perfer my shit mac.
    i got mac as well

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Let the Wars Begin
    By Toshie in forum General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 01:42 PM
  2. LET THE SPAM BEGIN
    By Doupleganger in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 01:15 PM
  3. let the trolling begin
    By -James in forum General
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 09:52 PM
  4. Cl0ud(+Hyak?) VS dk173, let the games begin!
    By .Amnesia in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 09:32 AM
  5. New Patch... Let the games begin
    By jebadiah in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 10:14 AM