Thread: Exercising.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theminatar View Post
    Look up DTP. What I'm doing is an advanced system for building muscle, not toning. I'm bulking up with my diet. What this sytem allows my body to do is completely tear down the muscle deep withing the tissue layer so it building muscle deeper. It's almost like FST-7 but a little different. DTP involves heavy weight and high reps.
    That causes excess stress on your tendons, many body builders end up having many medical problems due to those types of exercises. I highly suggest against them over the multiple sets of high reps, which allow your body a slight resting period in between each set. It's safer man, you don't want to end up not being able to use one of your legs or arms in the future (or worse).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

That causes excess stress on your tendons, many body builders end up having many medical problems due to those types of exercises. I highly suggest against them over the multiple sets of high reps, which allow your body a slight resting period in between each set. It's safer man, you don't want to end up not being able to use one of your legs or arms in the future (or worse).

Lol what? No such thing as over working a muscle, there's a lot of science and medical research behind that one, and what you are saying is actually just a bodybuilding myth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    No such thing as over working a muscle
    Now this is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard...
    Rep. Power: 111

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard. For This Useful Post:

Terio (01-04-2013)

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Lol what? No such thing as over working a muscle, there's a lot of science and medical research behind that one, and what you are saying is actually just a bodybuilding myth.
    You have just proven you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I only had gym freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by DnsLeak View Post
    Yes I agree with this guy. Boombox is a most retard shit mpgh staff I ever know. Previously a user open scam report open on me saying that I bitcoin double spent him and this shit Boombox shit talk and agree on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    hahahah boombox is a piece of shit who deserves CS

Thanks
    remember that everyday is upper body day

My games;

x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

You have just proven you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
    Actually I know exactly what I'm talking about... Lol I'll send you a pm of the research. Now don't get butthurt and rage at me for providing evidence that you can't overtrain a muscle. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just telling you what you have been told is actually a very common misconception. There is no direct correlation between the volume and frequency of training a muscle, and hurting any kind of gains. But it has been proven by increasing volume and frequency of that muscle, there will be rapid gains for beginners, compared to elites, it wont do much. But remember there is no direct correlation between the volume and frequency and overworking the muscle. Read the articles I sent you, it's actually some pretty interesting stuff.
    Last edited by theminatar; 01-05-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Okay, sorry for the dumb question, i feel like doing tons of ab crunches and ab workouts, how long on average will it take for me to achieve a 6 pack if i do ab crunches / workouts daily?

Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Lol what? No such thing as over working a muscle
    Wow, that's one hell of a dumb ass..

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by reveng3d View Post
    Okay, sorry for the dumb question, i feel like doing tons of ab crunches and ab workouts, how long on average will it take for me to achieve a 6 pack if i do ab crunches / workouts daily?
    Depends on your diet. Abs are made in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ederan View Post
    Wow, that's one hell of a dumb ass..
    Apparently you decided not to read my other post. Don't make an assumed response based off of no knowledge at all. Tell me how working a muscle for than 1 time per week can overwork that muscle? Studies have shown that the frequency and volume of working a muscle has no direct correlation with hurting any kind of gains, in fact it helps. All it is is a big misconception brought to you by broscience. If you would like to start a debate with me on this topic I'd be glad to, but make sure you bring multiple articles and links. I already have those, it's an interesting topic.
    Last edited by theminatar; 01-05-2013 at 04:04 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Apparently you decided not to read my other post. Don't make an assumed response based off of no knowledge at all. Tell me how working a muscle for than 1 time per week can overwork that muscle? Studies have shown that the frequency and volume of working a muscle has no direct correlation with hurting any kind of gains, in fact it helps. All it is is a big misconception brought to you by broscience. If you would like to start a debate with me on this topic I'd be glad to, but make sure you bring multiple articles and links. I already have those, it's an interesting topic.
    Bodybuilding.com - Overtraining: What Are The Symptoms?

Overtraining - Why Less Is More | Muscle & Strength

8 Signs You Are Overtraining | Mark's Daily Apple

Overtraining Syndrome - Overtraining Syndrome in Athletes

Spent less than 2 minutes, I'd believe these people than you.

You're a fucking idiot "OH YEA GUYS THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN OVERTRAIN I MEAN YOU CAN PUT COMPLETE STRESS ON YOUR BODY AND LEAVE NO TIME TO RECOVER AND BE PERFECTLY FINE LOL XD"

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Oh and instead of saying these bullshit facts how about you actually fucking link people.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

Bodybuilding.com - Overtraining: What Are The Symptoms?

Overtraining - Why Less Is More | Muscle & Strength

8 Signs You Are Overtraining | Mark's Daily Apple

Overtraining Syndrome - Overtraining Syndrome in Athletes

Spent less than 2 minutes, I'd believe these people than you.

You're a fucking idiot "OH YEA GUYS THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN OVERTRAIN I MEAN YOU CAN PUT COMPLETE STRESS ON YOUR BODY AND LEAVE NO TIME TO RECOVER AND BE PERFECTLY FINE LOL XD"

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Oh and instead of saying these bullshit facts how about you actually fucking link people.
    Apparently you're mad.

Bodybuilding Mythbusters - Bodybuilding.com Forums
    The influence of frequency, intensity, volume and mode on muscle hypertrophy
    Applications of the dose-response for mu... [J Strength Cond Res. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1715261
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3362591&page=1

Been apart of the BB community for a while now and if you talk to anyone there they will tell you, you can't over train a muscle, you can fatigue a muscle., but over training is completely different.

"Take the whole bucket analogy, and ask your self a question. Is it a bad thing that the bucket will eventually get full? Oddly enough, the answer again is NO!!!! If whatever program you?re on doesn?t have the potential to put you into a state of overtraining eventually, then you?re probably NOT working hard enough in the gym. So if it?s actually a good thing that your program will eventually overtrain you, why is that?"
    Last edited by theminatar; 01-05-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12