Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Threadstarter
    Expert at leaving women disappointed physically and emotionally.
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Minionforce
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Need my new pc soon

I smoke dix daily.
    I am Dix, and Arun is my master.
    I'M #1 NIGXMAS SCAMMER

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Based on Cyberpunk 2020 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia according to this inteview: Cyberpunk 2077 Exclusive Interview | Side Mission | GameTrailers. Personally, from what's described it looks like a reimagining of the setting with Witcher 2 mechanics using the same engine. Best to just wait and see because one cinematic will not reveal it all.

That being said, it's CD Projekt RED, probably the best team for the job.
    The game looks awesome, don't get me wrong, I just hate when anything using a cultured name and doesn't implement the culture they took the name from. :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

The game looks awesome, don't get me wrong, I just hate when anything using a cultured name and doesn't implement the culture they took the name from. :/
    I can agree with that. This looks all sci-fi with no punk, but I trust CD Projekt to know how not to fuck up an icon. I'm sure there will be shitloads of leather jackets and neons in the game

Thanks
    looks pretty awesome/

mc565mpgh@hotmail.com

-Thanks to De La Ghetto
    <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I really don't understand what isn't cyberpunk about it. Tell me what you mean.

EDIT: You guys also missed the biggest news bomb in this trailer. Looking at multiple news sources for the hidden message around 2:14, people are saying it says:

"And that’s not all that’s new. We are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we’re talking about. On the 5th of February it will all be clear."

EDIT 2: I just screencapped on full screen.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    thats what im waiting for

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    I really don't understand what isn't cyberpunk about it. Tell me what you mean.

EDIT: You guys also missed the biggest news bomb in this trailer. Looking at multiple news sources for the hidden message around 2:14, people are saying it says:

"And that’s not all that’s new. We are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we’re talking about. On the 5th of February it will all be clear."

EDIT 2: I just screencapped on full screen.

Well it has the sci-fi cyber attributes, but not really the "punk" attitude, from what I've seen, it looks like a run of the mill "government became a totalitarianism, few select people are liberating the civilians" type of game. More of a standard oppression to revolution kind of game, and not so much of the punk is involved. It's too organized, the punk aspects would need to incorporate the revolution being devised out of an absolute chaotic behavior and attitude to fuck with the government and bring down their defenses, rather than the organizational aspects of the characters. The game looks sick, don't get me wrong I'm totally getting it, but it's just not punk.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well it has the sci-fi cyber attributes, but not really the "punk" attitude, from what I've seen, it looks like a run of the mill "government became a totalitarianism, few select people are liberating the civilians" type of game. More of a standard oppression to revolution kind of game, and not so much of the punk is involved. It's too organized, the punk aspects would need to incorporate the revolution being devised out of an absolute chaotic behavior and attitude to fuck with the government and bring down their defenses, rather than the organizational aspects of the characters. The game looks sick, don't get me wrong I'm totally getting it, but it's just not punk.
    Define punk, because that's the one thing I don't understand what you mean. Looking at other cyberpunk stuff, this game looks and fits the bill of anything cyberpunk I've seen. Shit looks like Witcher 2 meets Deus Ex.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Kinda reminds me of Blacklight Retribution but, can`t wait to play it. The trailer is EPIC

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Define punk, because that's the one thing I don't understand what you mean. Looking at other cyberpunk stuff, this game looks and fits the bill of anything cyberpunk I've seen. Shit looks like Witcher 2 meets Deus Ex.
    Punk is the anti-authoritive movement against political fascism and government control over the masses. Real punks practice absolute freedoms under no jurisdiction of an authoritive figure for their natural human rights. Anti-establishment clauses are included in the punk culture with protests that include violence and peaceful attacks on the establishment with anti-propagational messaging.

It doesn't have the "culture" involved. Also, there are a lot of websites claiming to be "cyberpunk enthusiasts" meanwhile do not portray the true motive behind it. Cyber punk is based around nonconformity in the nu-techno era of technology. It's ideals remain similar to classic punk with a new era twist and style involved, which this game just doesn't portray. This game is cyber all right, but not "punk".

"CyberRevo" or "Cyber-Revolution" would be a much more fitting title.

Thanks
    still better then cod

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Punk is the anti-authoritive movement against political fascism and government control over the masses. Real punks practice absolute freedoms under no jurisdiction of an authoritive figure for their natural human rights. Anti-establishment clauses are included in the punk culture with protests that include violence and peaceful attacks on the establishment with anti-propagational messaging.

It doesn't have the "culture" involved. Also, there are a lot of websites claiming to be "cyberpunk enthusiasts" meanwhile do not portray the true motive behind it. Cyber punk is based around nonconformity in the nu-techno era of technology. It's ideals remain similar to classic punk with a new era twist and style involved, which this game just doesn't portray. This game is cyber all right, but not "punk".

"CyberRevo" or "Cyber-Revolution" would be a much more fitting title.
    And yet everything I've read/watched/etc. feels similar to what the developers have said this game will be or what Cyberpunk (original p&p game) was when I played it. There is a punk theme emphasizing style over substance with people rebelling against megacorporations that rule over most of America after a socioeconomic collapse, and it's explained in the interviews and reveal presentations. This video is just one scene that doesn't represent the rest of the movie, for example .

Anyways, here's 2 of the 3 concept art pictures, both seem to convey what you're describing.

https://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D...0x1080_Art.jpg
    https://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/cyb...-2077-logo.jpg

Thanks
    Get you monay redy
    Going first always works

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I hope my pc can run it

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    And yet everything I've read/watched/etc. feels similar to what the developers have said this game will be or what Cyberpunk (original p&p game) was when I played it. There is a punk theme emphasizing style over substance with people rebelling against megacorporations that rule over most of America after a socioeconomic collapse, and it's explained in the interviews and reveal presentations. This video is just one scene that doesn't represent the rest of the movie, for example .

Anyways, here's 2 of the 3 concept art pictures, both seem to convey what you're describing.

https://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D...0x1080_Art.jpg
    https://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/cyb...-2077-logo.jpg
    It's just not, well, not in your face enough. Punk is very "MOTHUH-FUCKUH I'M PUNK SUCK IT", the styles in this game are too subtle. I think that's what really gets me, like the dude with the mohawk should have liberty spikes because he doesn't have the multiple earrings, and the guy with that epic purple leopard trenchcoat should have chains hanging off of it, those small little features really help define punk. It's like if you saw some guy with a mohawk wearing a standard leather jacket, a wife beater that isn't ripped up, and skinny jeans. You would think he's a faggot. Now add some dye to the mohawk, a couple earrings, stud out the leather and patch it with punk patches, and stud out the skinny jeans while ripping them and having chains hanging down and you'll think "what a punk".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast