Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
    Make sense. Thanks for the info
    So how would you be able to remove an area from radiation or there isn't a known method yet?
    In controlled areas such as a nuclear reactor they use a neutron absorbing rod to prevent further fission
    In large scale mess such as New Mexico test sites, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Fukushima-Daiichi, and Chernobyl, you can only do it by time where the radioactive particles "sink" into the ground, lose their energy, and eventually bond with other elements chemically; the area of effect is simply too large to be cleaned
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

In controlled areas such as a nuclear reactor they use a neutron absorbing rod to prevent further fission
    In large scale mess such as New Mexico test sites, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Fukushima-Daiichi, and Chernobyl, you can only do it by time where the radioactive particles "sink" into the ground, lose their energy, and eventually bond with other elements chemically; the area of effect is simply too large to be cleaned
    Is it really all that dense of neutrons just flowing around looking to bond with other atoms?

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Make sense. Thanks for the info
    So how would you be able to remove an area from radiation or there isn't a known method yet?
    That's something we're still working on I'm afraid, our only methods of irradiating anything are people, and that's only by removing the radioactive material on the person themselves. Once the damage is done, however, it is done. The problem with gamma rays are that they can't be fixed, only stopped. Using a material that is too dense to be penetrated, such as lead, can keep an area from becoming radioactive, though there is no possible way to actually stop radioactive waves without eliminating the source. At least, not in this century.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Is it really all that dense of neutrons just flowing around looking to bond with other atoms?
    For electrons there are no problems, because they bind easily. For neutrons, they bond to heavier elements to stabilize the elements. The protons are the most troublesome, since they're positively charged, they're repelled by the protons within the nucleus of an atom.
    The most common is the three subatomic particles flying around with enough energy to bond to each other to form a stable element, which then bonds with other elements to form molecules/chemicals, and so on.
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    It can also cause birth defects so yaaaa

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Only thing I don't get is how snow brings radioactivity somewhere

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...now-dafuq.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Only thing I don't get is how snow brings radioactivity somewhere
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...now-dafuq.html
    A way off the top of my head is that radioactive particles remain in the air (Chernobyl for example) and they're carried down by falling raindrops, snowflakes, hail, etc, much like acid rain
    I haven't watched the video, so Idk much about that case, the posts below the OP I think debunks it or something

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234