Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

    Yes.
    Now pick a side.
    Pokemon of course.

    Digimon was obviously riding the coat tails of Pokemon's success.
    Even the name sounds familiar. Poke-"mon" Digi-"mon"

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ghost (01-25-2013),Hyak (01-25-2013)

  3. #17
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,202
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Pokemon of course.

    Digimon was obviously riding the coat tails of Pokemon's success.
    Even the name sounds familiar. Poke-"mon" Digi-"mon"
    "Digimon was not copied from Pokemon. Anime all around somehow relates to one another. That's just like saying Digimon copied Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! copied Digimon, it's not true."


  4. #18
    Denelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEAD
    Posts
    5,323
    Reputation
    422
    Thanks
    639
    Go play tetris /facepalm

  5. #19
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post

    "Digimon was not copied from Pokemon. Anime all around somehow relates to one another. That's just like saying Digimon copied Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! copied Digimon, it's not true."
    Where did I say they blatantly copied them?
    No some things are different, but it's obvious that using a similar name including the "mon"
    was a tactic to draw in some of the Pokemon fan base to gain viewers.
    There are similarities too, you know..the whole evolution thing.
    Yu-gi-oh was card based, don't even know why you would use that as a comparison.

  6. #20
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,202
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Where did I say they blatantly copied them?
    No some things are different, but it's obvious that using a similar name including the "mon"
    was a tactic to draw in some of the Pokemon fan base to gain viewers.
    There are similarities too, you know..the whole evolution thing.
    Yu-gi-oh was card based, don't even know why you would use that as a comparison.
    Pokemon was a card game also same with Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh

    Mon standed for monsters.. So Digi-mon=Digital Monsters.
    its even in the damn theme song.
    Last edited by Mr.Seyeko; 01-25-2013 at 02:58 PM.


  7. #21
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post

    Pokemon was a card game also same with Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh

    Mon standed for monsters.. So Digi-mon=Digital Monsters.
    its even in the damn theme song.
    Cool story bro. My argument stands.
    They could have used a different name. Instead they used something similar to it's more popular and ORIGINAL predecessor.
    And I'm pretty sure OP is talking about the cartoon, not card games. Anything can be made into a card game.
    The Yu-gi-oh cartoon was based on cards, that was my point.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.

  8. #22
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,202
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Cool story bro. My argument stands.
    They could have used a different name. Instead they used something similar to it's more popular and ORIGINAL predecessor.
    And I'm pretty sure OP is talking about the cartoon, not card games. Anything can be made into a card game.
    The Yu-gi-oh cartoon was based on cards, that was my point.
    lol i hate you sometimes.


  9. #23
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post


    lol i hate you sometimes.
    1v1 bro my Arceus vs. your ZeedMillenniummon do you even lift?

  10. #24
    Scruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,560
    Reputation
    344
    Thanks
    1,195
    why the fuck is op faggot copycatting my avatar niche

    Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

  11. #25
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    why the fuck is op faggot copycatting my avatar niche
    Oh you haven't heard? It's outspoken nigger month.

  12. #26
    Hux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Candy Kingdom
    Posts
    6,830
    Reputation
    588
    Thanks
    779
    My Mood
    Brooding
    pokemon

  13. #27
    iTzSeyeko™JR #1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,276
    Reputation
    27
    Thanks
    178
    Yugi-oh .

  14. #28
    Hyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    120°16.1'W 47°20'N
    Posts
    11,524
    Reputation
    508
    Thanks
    844
    digimon is crap compared to pokemon.. lol :L well not the new pokemon I mean the old good pokemon

  15. #29
    Terell.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    JAMAICAA
    Posts
    6,923
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    1,163
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
    The digimons are better designed.
    The digimons are smarter.
    Digimon is more realistic.
    /threaddddd .

    Warrock Minion 8-13-2011 - N/A
    A.V.A Minion since 11-1-11 - 11-12-11

  16. #30
    jxdm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Angelic
    really? No.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Would you like to trade?
    By CrazyBish in forum CounterStrike (CS) 1.6 Hacks / Counter Strike: Source (CSS) Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. What would you like to see?
    By Rawr Rawr in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 06:28 AM
  3. How Would you like to die?
    By GOD in forum General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
  4. Which Super Power Would you Like to have?
    By CAPTAIN OBVIOUS in forum General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 02:05 PM