Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    KarmaKills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    1,510
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    229
    My Mood
    Sleepy

    Life Choice on a Car

    Alright, Seeing as my life now revolves around asking questions and being more open.

    So, I'm thinking of getting a skyline, R34.

    BEFORE YOU ALL BE LIKE "Wtf kid can't handle a car"

    No. I can and I'm not retarded,

    What I'm planning on doing is with my brothers and sisters not to be called 'Spoilt ect' as this is pretty much needed as my parents are getting old and they don't plan on driving me everywhere my brothers and sisters who are older than me usually get a car at the price of a tad over $10,000 something suitable for there needs wether it's going to work, And you need to have a job to pay this cash back 100% of it... Otherwise thats a pretty faggot move to take cash from ma and pa.

    So I was thinking this year whilst I have my L plates, to Get a job save up this year and get somewhere around $5000 or more. Next year on my P's I'm really considering purchasing a skyline without a turbo as you are not allowed turbo's with a P's license.

    A Skyline without a turbo goes for around $10,000-$15,000 (Depending on K's ect) But you can usually get one pretty cheapish...

    Then I would go to work driving the car I like everyday for that year saving up more money to pay off my parents, and To install a turbo preferably when i get my opens.

    But Having the skyline for a year without the turbo I don't have to get a turbo as soon as I get my open license, Like I could save up another year but seeing as i wont be in school i could do full time earning alot bigger paycheck.

    So I would be able to install the Turbo in the car and pay my parents.

    The Other option would be

    Having no car for 2 years, (or a shitty 1) for two years then make up enough money to pay for a Skyline whilst I have my opens license with the money I made, Eg $18,000 with parents input of around $6000 or so.

    So what should I do.

    Work this year with a job and begin earning money for my car that i'll get to drive with my P's then upgrade when affordable or get a car that is of less value to me and i'd have to sell it again to get the car I wanted the following year.


    Your input on what I do would be very much appreciated
    Negative or Positive I don't mind, You have the freedom of speech and i respect that

  2. #2
    amrit0965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    30.887125,75.867032
    Posts
    3,963
    Reputation
    261
    Thanks
    19,442
    My Mood
    Bored
    Get Buggati



    Member Level 1 25.07.2012 - 27.04.2013
    CockSucker 12.22.2013 - 01.26.2013
    NFS World Minion 01.26.2013 - 04.17.2013
    NFS World Wiki Manager 04.14.2013 - 06.10.2013
    CockSucker 04.17.2013 - 09.22.2013
    Member Level 2 27.04.2013 - Current



    MPGH Knight: 4500




  3. #3
    Hugo Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,458
    Reputation
    4062
    Thanks
    5,711
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Always buy used cars for this age


    Please be aware of imposters. I do not own a Skype account and I will NEVER contact you outside of MPGH.


    My MPGH History

    Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

    Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

  4. #4
    HalfBajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,792
    Reputation
    961
    Thanks
    1,104
    Wouldn't get one if I were you, Almost everyone with a Skyline has been pulled over, In Australia the cops look for suspicious cars, especially if the driver is on their P's
    If you're going to buy this as a first car (I recommend not getting it as a first)
    you wanna make sure everything is in prefect working order... the police will give a defect for tiny things.
    Be careful

    SOUNDCLOUD



  5. #5
    KarmaKills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    1,510
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    229
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobjob123 View Post
    Wouldn't get one if I were you, Almost everyone with a Skyline has been pulled over, In Australia the cops look for suspicious cars, especially if the driver is on their P's
    If you're going to buy this as a first car (I recommend not getting it as a first)
    you wanna make sure everything is in prefect working order... the police will give a defect for tiny things.
    Be careful

    Yeah Cops in Australia are insane

    ---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by amrit0965 View Post
    Get Buggati
    Not a fan of them

    ---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Boss View Post
    Always buy used cars for this age
    Mm That's what i'm doin :]

  6. #6
    Instagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    179
    Thanks
    96
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKills View Post
    Alright, Seeing as my life now revolves around asking questions and being more open.

    So, I'm thinking of getting a skyline, R34.

    BEFORE YOU ALL BE LIKE "Wtf kid can't handle a car"

    No. I can and I'm not retarded,

    What I'm planning on doing is with my brothers and sisters not to be called 'Spoilt ect' as this is pretty much needed as my parents are getting old and they don't plan on driving me everywhere my brothers and sisters who are older than me usually get a car at the price of a tad over $10,000 something suitable for there needs wether it's going to work, And you need to have a job to pay this cash back 100% of it... Otherwise thats a pretty faggot move to take cash from ma and pa.

    So I was thinking this year whilst I have my L plates, to Get a job save up this year and get somewhere around $5000 or more. Next year on my P's I'm really considering purchasing a skyline without a turbo as you are not allowed turbo's with a P's license.

    A Skyline without a turbo goes for around $10,000-$15,000 (Depending on K's ect) But you can usually get one pretty cheapish...

    Then I would go to work driving the car I like everyday for that year saving up more money to pay off my parents, and To install a turbo preferably when i get my opens.

    But Having the skyline for a year without the turbo I don't have to get a turbo as soon as I get my open license, Like I could save up another year but seeing as i wont be in school i could do full time earning alot bigger paycheck.

    So I would be able to install the Turbo in the car and pay my parents.

    The Other option would be

    Having no car for 2 years, (or a shitty 1) for two years then make up enough money to pay for a Skyline whilst I have my opens license with the money I made, Eg $18,000 with parents input of around $6000 or so.

    So what should I do.

    Work this year with a job and begin earning money for my car that i'll get to drive with my P's then upgrade when affordable or get a car that is of less value to me and i'd have to sell it again to get the car I wanted the following year.


    Your input on what I do would be very much appreciated
    Negative or Positive I don't mind, You have the freedom of speech and i respect that
    Well sorry to burst your bubble but that skyline that you want is illegal in the U.S but I don't know if you live in the U.S so I don't know if this matters to you. Just saying.

  7. #7
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Instagram View Post
    Well sorry to burst your bubble but that skyline that you want is illegal in the U.S but I don't know if you live in the U.S so I don't know if this matters to you. Just saying.
    Why the fuck do you think people have country flags on their profile you moron? His is of an Australian flag.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

    Luke420 (01-29-2013),HalfBajan (01-26-2013),Stevenom (01-26-2013)

  9. #8
    KarmaKills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    1,510
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    229
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Instagram View Post
    Well sorry to burst your bubble but that skyline that you want is illegal in the U.S but I don't know if you live in the U.S so I don't know if this matters to you. Just saying.
    I've got an Australian Flag in my profile I just was talking about how Australian cops are very strict,
    Did you read skyline and automatically respond or some shit?

    Anyway I don't mind any suggestions even if it's for a different car for my P's

  10. #9
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Highly recommend you get a shitty commie or falcon as your first car. Very reliable and very economical. A R34 25GT is no better than and old Commodore (more sluggish than a VE) yet you pay a premium because it's a Skyline. Not only that, but the RB25DE and the NEO RB25DE aren't exactly powerful engine's without a turbo, and even with a turbo (which is going to set you back quite a lot of money to get any decent amount of power out of it), you aren't going to get very near to an RB26DETT.

    Save the money now, get a shit box like a VZ Commodore and save up for something decent afterwards.

    Or if you want to get some experience with modding and tuning, get something ultracheap like an older MX5 and fuck around with that.

  11. #10
    Jabuuty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21,231
    Reputation
    1468
    Thanks
    4,095
    I don't know life in Australia but, I do know that installing a turbo straight into a car isn't easy.
    It may cost $2,000 - $10,000. This includes upgraded (if necessary, fuel pump, injectors, oil lines, intercooler mounting and piping, turbo exhaust manifold and then the hundreds-thousands of dollars for A/F and ignition ECU tuning)
    A lot comes with turbocharging, and I'll tell you this, I agree with Doc. Get a daily commuter (a vehicle to take you places), a modifiable one and then get a real project.
    I got a Civic for a first because it's easy to modify on a high school / part time budget (i'm still going to school and working) and then I picked up a 240sx for speed and drifting). You want good gas mileage for a first because a car is meant to take you from point a to b, and a beater than you can modify so you understand cars more. The Skyline is a WORK OF ART, don't just jump on it if you don't know much about cars. Get a toy first, then get a real beast.

    Again, i don't know life in Australia but if I were to have a better first car, I either would've gotten an Acura Integra (94-01) or a Subaru Impreza Coupe, can't go wrong with a boxer engine and AWD.
    Last edited by Jabuuty671; 01-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.


  12. #11
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    Again, i don't know life in Australia but if I were to have a better first car, I either would've gotten an Acura Integra (94-01) or a Subaru Impreza Coupe, can't go wrong with a boxer engine and AWD.
    +1 for an Integra DC2, lightweight, nimble, lots of fun even for a front wheel drive.


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Jabuuty671 (01-26-2013)

  14. #12
    Woodhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Swagtown, Yoloville
    Posts
    2,873
    Reputation
    228
    Thanks
    3,163
    My Mood
    Sick
    What about this one?




    ---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

    Pretty stylish. Don't ya think?
    Formally known as chickeninabiskit

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Woodhouse For This Useful Post:

    HalfBajan (01-26-2013)

  16. #13
    KarmaKills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    1,510
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    229
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeninabiskit View Post
    What about this one?




    ---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

    Pretty stylish. Don't ya think?
    Looks sexy

    ---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    I don't know life in Australia but, I do know that installing a turbo straight into a car isn't easy.
    It may cost $2,000 - $10,000. This includes upgraded (if necessary, fuel pump, injectors, oil lines, intercooler mounting and piping, turbo exhaust manifold and then the hundreds-thousands of dollars for A/F and ignition ECU tuning)
    A lot comes with turbocharging, and I'll tell you this, I agree with Doc. Get a daily commuter (a vehicle to take you places), a modifiable one and then get a real project.
    I got a Civic for a first because it's easy to modify on a high school / part time budget (i'm still going to school and working) and then I picked up a 240sx for speed and drifting). You want good gas mileage for a first because a car is meant to take you from point a to b, and a beater than you can modify so you understand cars more. The Skyline is a WORK OF ART, don't just jump on it if you don't know much about cars. Get a toy first, then get a real beast.

    Again, i don't know life in Australia but if I were to have a better first car, I either would've gotten an Acura Integra (94-01) or a Subaru Impreza Coupe, can't go wrong with a boxer engine and AWD.
    Yeah would cost me around $5000 to get a turbo installed for a skyline as it's a completely different set of motors for the turbo and non turbo, designed like that so that without the turbo it can still perform greater then regular V6's but on fault to install a turbo and dyno it ect yes you will need like the fuel injectors new intercooling mounts ect ect,

  17. #14
    KarmaKills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    1,510
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    229
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Highly recommend you get a shitty commie or falcon as your first car. Very reliable and very economical. A R34 25GT is no better than and old Commodore (more sluggish than a VE) yet you pay a premium because it's a Skyline. Not only that, but the RB25DE and the NEO RB25DE aren't exactly powerful engine's without a turbo, and even with a turbo (which is going to set you back quite a lot of money to get any decent amount of power out of it), you aren't going to get very near to an RB26DETT.

    Save the money now, get a shit box like a VZ Commodore and save up for something decent afterwards.

    Or if you want to get some experience with modding and tuning, get something ultracheap like an older MX5 and fuck around with that.
    In my opinion the MX5's are shitty looking and not up to scratch of what I would want to fuck around in,

    And yes the option of getting a filthy commodore or something would probably be a option not one that i would like but still.

    I just don't wanna be one of those typical aussie school kids rocking up with his filth commodore with a chevy badge slapped on it and a unit sticker on the back LOL

    ---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Highly recommend you get a shitty commie or falcon as your first car. Very reliable and very economical. A R34 25GT is no better than and old Commodore (more sluggish than a VE) yet you pay a premium because it's a Skyline. Not only that, but the RB25DE and the NEO RB25DE aren't exactly powerful engine's without a turbo, and even with a turbo (which is going to set you back quite a lot of money to get any decent amount of power out of it), you aren't going to get very near to an RB26DETT.

    Save the money now, get a shit box like a VZ Commodore and save up for something decent afterwards.

    Or if you want to get some experience with modding and tuning, get something ultracheap like an older MX5 and fuck around with that.

  18. #15
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKills View Post
    In my opinion the MX5's are shitty looking and not up to scratch of what I would want to fuck around in
    They're cheap and fun cars.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Choices in life
    By Mr.Seyeko in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 12:47 PM
  2. Pimp ass cars... FOR ALL CAR LOVERS
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:09 PM
  3. Nice cars!
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 09:04 PM