Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    *sigh* The SATs. I love it. At my high school, it exposed those suck-ups that didn't deserve their high ass GPAs.

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedTM View Post
    You want to improve a score over 2000? Damn, b. High expectations. Good luck.
    High SAT scores will get you accepted into more prestigious colleges, who are more generous with their financial aid. If you wanna graduate with no loans, I'd recommend aiming for the top 15 Universities/LAC in he USNEWS rankings.

A 2000 won't cut it.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 01-26-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    It's fine to score 2000
    But don't work too hard!
    Click thanks if I helped you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    *sigh* The SATs. I love it. At my high school, it exposed those suck-ups that didn't deserve their high ass GPAs.

High SAT scores will get you accepted into more prestigious colleges, who are more generous with their financial aid. If you wanna graduate with no loans, I'd recommend aiming for the top 15 Universities/LAC in he USNEWS rankings.

A 2000 won't cut it.
    My sister got accepted into Cornell with a low score. She got a full scholarship, but she did a lot of volunteering at hospitals and stuff like that. A 2000 will cut if for a top 15 ranked college.
    I just want to get married in a bathing suit... Deal with it.

Donator Since 01.26.2013
    Member Since 01.30.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Are you talking about University Of Washington? If you're out of state they have no problem accepting your ass if you're able to cough up the tuition. I go there and there has been a lot of drama over how much more out of state students they've been accepting.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My sister got accepted into Cornell with a low score. She got a full scholarship, but she did a lot of volunteering at hospitals and stuff like that. A 2000 will cut if for a top 15 ranked college.
    Obviously, there are anomalies. My college used to be top 15 (Rank 17 now) and its median accepted SAT score is 2180. Your sister probably had something really unusual that stood out.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    Are you talking about University Of Washington? If you're out of state they have no problem accepting your ass if you're able to cough up the tuition. I go there and there has been a lot of drama over how much more out of state students they've been accepting.
    A similar thing has been happening here, but it concerns international students. Since int. students are fully subsidized by their government, our university could charge a higher price for international students and use the extra money to subsidize the financial aid for poor people.
    Not complaining though. At least I'll have no loans. =D

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Obviously, there are anomalies. My college used to be top 15 (Rank 17 now) and its median accepted SAT score is 2180. Your sister probably had something really unusual that stood out.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

A similar thing has been happening here, but it concerns international students. Since int. students are fully subsidized by their government, our university could charge a higher price for international students and use the extra money to subsidize the financial aid for poor people.
    Not complaining though. At least I'll have no loans. =D
    What college are you attending?

Donator Since 01.26.2013
    Member Since 01.30.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Friend of mine got into Berkley with a 1400. Still trying to figure out how he managed that one.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Hmm...Well it might help that I'm fucking dirt poor, half black and half mexican, and have quite a few sob stories. My 8th Grade teacher's brother is a dean at NYU and use to be a dean at Yale...She said she could try getting me in contact with him. Too bad I don't want to go to any of those schools...Maybe he might know someone?
    Formally known as chickeninabiskit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeninabiskit View Post
    Friend of mine got into Berkley with a 1400. Still trying to figure out how he managed that one.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Hmm...Well it might help that I'm fucking dirt poor, half black and half mexican, and have quite a few sob stories. My 8th Grade teacher's brother is a dean at NYU and use to be a dean at Yale...She said she could try getting me in contact with him. Too bad I don't want to go to any of those schools...Maybe he might know someone?
    Being half-Black and half-Mexican helps you in this situation.

Donator Since 01.26.2013
    Member Since 01.30.2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12