Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTroubles View Post

You're saying 'make yourself usefull to todays society'..
    That's the entire thing. Society blatantly sucks ass.
    I hope you realize that for every bit of energy you put into learning and training to enhance your basic survival techniques, you could put the same amount of time into improving society, becoming influential, playing it forward, saving someone's life, helping prevent a conflict, make someone's day, become a husband/be part of a family.

Your purpose as an organism is to procreate and be part of society. Not to become disenchanted with the rest of society and then decide to abandon it.

You don't like society's norms, it's cultures, it's peoples? Create your own thing, set a trend, live life your way. Hell, if you enjoy nature that much, go camp with minimal gear.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    You don't like society's norms, it's cultures, it's peoples? Create your own thing, set a trend, live life your way. Hell, if you enjoy nature that much, go camp with minimal gear.
    That's exactly what I am doing...

Anyway, I got something planned. It will surely change society in some way; just wait.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Okay. I'm done argueing with you after this post, because clearly you don't see the point.

Those 'caveman' crafted their own weapons and clothing, yes. But WHEN they did that, they could still live WITHOUT. Then, they found that it was easier and started RELYING on those, resulting in humans as of today.
    But, since we are ALREADY in that stage, we can't reverse time and then start off brand new... No, but what IS possible is to live like this with a group for a LONG period of time, generations long. To evolve into a superior (in some ways) species.
    You actually think you're going to create a superior species? God you're fucking deluded.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

You actually think you're going to create a superior species? God you're fucking deluded.
    No.
    But it's possible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's exactly what I am doing...

Anyway, I got something planned. It will surely change society in some way; just wait.
    Yes, but you should be living your life in society. And when I say camp with minimal gear, I meant it as a hobby. And if you think you're paving the way for change, you're not. This has been done before by many people, and cultures. It's just best to let this dream be only that, a dream.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Yes, but you should be living your life in society. And when I say camp with minimal gear, I meant it as a hobby. And if you think you're paving the way for change, you're not. This has been done before by many people, and cultures. It's just best to let this dream be only that, a dream.
    How would that be the best? I've already had response of 3 people who want to do the same. What if we can build up a primitive society? Create a superior (in some way) species? I'm not saying we will, but it IS possible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Remember OP ; Good luck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Yes. Yes, and Yes.
    I know exactly what this means. And it's not like I'm just going to run out of my door right now and start surviving. I do realise this requires training, and have stated this before. Oh, and yes. I do know basic things other humans might not. I know how to build fires, i knownhow to build shelters, I know how to navigate, and a bunch more.

I'm not saying I know how to survive already, that would be blatantly stupid. This requires learning, training and experience. I will be doing trial-periods and meeting up with all kinds of people. I have contacts here and there, I've done some kind of survival-group thing when I was a kid.
    I'm not a citykid, sure, I live close to a city but I do know a lot more things than you would think about surviving.

Again, it will take a lot of learning and training. I'm planning around 3 years should be enough, if not more. It sounds as if you thnk I don't know what this means, but I do. I've given it 4 years of thought. So don't act as if I am not realising what this means. I know damn well what this means, and you haven't even slightly talked about thngs you need to know which are actual basics, even more needed than gutting animals and defending against predators.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Oh believe me, I have thought about a ton of ways to die, and I will learn to prevent them. Then ofcourse, there are just so many ways to die, it's impossible to completely be prepared. As long as I stick to my rules which I have thought of and will think of, I shouldn't have too many unexpected ways to die.
    I'll see if other people want to do this too. Make the same commitment, without holding me back. One of my (most likely unachievable) objectives is to, over a long, long time, create an evolved version of the human species. One that is not dependant on technology that much. One that doesn't have to gut, and have weapons. This is crazy talk, you might think. But if we do this for a huge amount of time, it surely is possible.
    >Go back 10000 years to re-evolve mankind
    Good
    Fucking
    Luck
    You're basically undoing the entirety of all of Man kinds achievements.
    YOU may live up to YOUR code, but others sure as shit won't
    /thread.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Oh boy, I can't believe you.
    Humans rely on technology. That's how we evolved. Without technology, humans are nowhere.
    That's why I want to use JUST the amount of technology needed, because you CANT live otherwise. I can't go around naked untill I find an animal to skin. Why? Because I'll get undercooled. We don't have fur or feathers like other warm-blooded animals. Our 'fur' is clothing. That's how we evolved. We don't have teeth to kill an animal with. We use weapons. Because that's how we evolved.
    If humans were actually like animals, I'd use no technology. But we can't. Because we evolved that way. Some may think we are an incredibly advanced species when compared to other species, and we are, but on the other side, we lost our entire natural-side. Our survivability. We swapped having natural advantages for having third-party advantages.
    As for the GPS thing: SINCE we rely on technology this much, IF something goes wrong, I'd rather go back, see how to prevent problems I ran into and then go back than just sit there and die.
    You're fucking retarded.

Technology isn't what we evolved to be dependent on, it's a result of what we evolved with, INTELLIGENCE.

We didn't evolve with the instinct of "HOLY SHIT LET'S MAKE A FUCKING CELL PHONE, WEAR CLOTHING, AND GO TO SPACE!", NO, we learned, we evolved our own intelligence. We became SMARTER.
    A Tiger has teeth and claws. We have intelligence. With that intelligence we can trick the Tiger that has teeth and claws and kill it.
    We created tools to make it easier, not because we NEED them.

/rant

If You Like My Releases, Hit The Thanks button!
    Follow the rules.

Successful Purchases: 2
    @The403
    @sundy42
    Successful Sales: 1
    @wZ. Gali
    Scammed: 1

Favorite Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Who cares about simplified mandarin. The only problem here is that Cantonese (and Hokkien) is no longer being taught, but guess what, times change. There have been thousands of languages that have been lost to the ages, you'd be pissing in the wind to try and stop that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rileyjstrickland For This Useful Post:

-MAJ (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by rileyjstrickland View Post
    Good
    Fucking
    Luck
    /thread.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

You're fucking retarded.

Technology isn't what we evolved to be dependent on, it's a result of what we evolved with, INTELLIGENCE.

We didn't evolve with the instinct of "HOLY SHIT LET'S MAKE A FUCKING CELL PHONE, WEAR CLOTHING, AND GO TO SPACE!", NO, we learned, we evolved our own intelligence. We became SMARTER.
    A Tiger has teeth and claws. We have intelligence. With that intelligence we can trick the Tiger that has teeth and claws and kill it.

/rant
    Agreed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    It's what he wants to do, let him do it anyways best of luck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

How would that be the best? I've already had response of 3 people who want to do the same. What if we can build up a primitive society? Create a superior (in some way) species? I'm not saying we will, but it IS possible.
    You won't be your own species, please don't even pretend. You claim society is bad, but you utilize society's training to leave society. You want to work your ass off as a survivalist, but you don't spend that energy on improving society.

Better yet, why are you disenchanted with technology and your community?

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Gun Kelly View Post
    It's what he wants to do, let him do it anyways best of luck
    I don't encourage self-destructive behavior.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Living life as you were meant to? Relative to what or rather, when. If you want to live life how you were meant to back in the stone ages, go run around naked fucking koalas and throwing rocks at baby seals in hopes of killing one for your next meal. Fuck knives and matches, go cave man.. You want to live life as it meant to be lived after all.

What I think you are after is becoming a survivalist. That gets very boring, very quickly. I don't think many hardcore survivalists who live life without modern tech and who go about randomly roaming and whatnot. Humans are adaptive creatures, that is why we are #1 on this planet. We see what we have around us and use it to support ourselves, as we don't have giant sharp teeth like other animals, we aren't super strong and we can't fly. I don't see a purpose of going completely native, but learning the required skills like surviving off land and fending for yourself are good to have... as for quitting life to pursue these things... well you are better off doing other things.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Doc (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Living life as you were meant to? Relative to what or rather, when. If you want to live life how you were meant to back in the stone ages, go run around naked fucking koalas and throwing rocks at baby seals in hopes of killing one for your next meal. Fuck knives and matches, go cave man.. You want to live life as it meant to be lived after all.

What I think you are after is becoming a survivalist. That gets very boring, very quickly. I don't think many hardcore survivalists who live life without modern tech and who go about randomly roaming and whatnot. Humans are adaptive creatures, that is why we are #1 on this planet. We see what we have around us and use it to support ourselves, as we don't have giant sharp teeth like other animals, we aren't super strong and we can't fly. I don't see a purpose of going completely native, but learning the required skills like surviving off land and fending for yourself are good to have... as for quitting life to pursue these things... well you are better off doing other things.
    Well, dave never seen you typed like this before

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Drink your piss if you run out of water. But don't eat your shit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by rileyjstrickland View Post
    Good
    Fucking
    Luck
    /thread.

You're fucking retarded.

/rant
    Man oh man.
    I cannot believe how ignorant. I've already said 'It's POSSIBLE to make a new species, but we probably WILL NOT' I never said I WOULD. No. I'm just staing that's its fucking POSSIBLE.

And ofcourse technology is not what we evolved on. But it IS what we DEPEND on nowadays.
    And society is a LARGE FUCKIN' FACTOR. Ofcourse there are people in society who think different. If they wouldn't, I'd not sit here and talk about QUITTING IT since I'm already IN it. What I however just want to break free from is all the BAD sides from society. 'Expectationcultures' 'Pressure' 'Judgement' 'Blame'.

And no, This is no self-destructing behavior. This is what I want to do. It's like saying 'Oh? You're going to climb a mountain? That's selfddestructive behavior'. Whilst in reality OFCOURSE it's POSSIBLE to die doing so, but if you have taken the proper PRECAUTIONS and PREPARED yourself, there is a little chance of dieing, if not completely save.

Besides, the fact that I am DISCUSSING this is a bad side of society in a way. Ofcourse, you're saying You don't want me to die, and I appreciate that, that's a good side. On the other hand you're judging my decision. You're trying to keep me from doing what I personally think is one of the things I will HAVE to do in my life. Wether it's for a good cause or not, you're still trying to keep me fron living MY life as I, ME, want to live it.
    But what can I say? There's no way to possibly convince you. Because in MY PERSONAL opinion you are 'Infected' by society, and do only what's best for society. What I'm doing however is creating an alternative for society. I'm not saying it's big, As far as I know I'm the only one in it yet. But it IS an alternative. No matter how big, and no matter if people will join or not.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

I don't even know if this is what I am doin for the rest of my life. I might just go and come back to society, then decide what was better.

The biggest problem here is that everyone who is talkong me OUT of doing it have no experience of doing it THEMSELVES.
    Ofcourse, people from previous examples have done it. And many of them have died. But who ever said they would have had a bad life? Personally, a good life > a long, mediocre life.
    Now you can come back and say that I haven't tried normal life yet. But it's basically the same thing with you guys looking at me. I look at living in society, you look at living in the wild.
    What's the difference between those two?
    You've said that living in the wild is wasting your life and you could better spend it on things in society.
    I've said that living in society is wasting your life and you could better spend it on living in the wild.
    We only have different arguments. The real difference is that I've had a taste of society, (not nearly all of it), but you've had not a single taste of life as I described it.
    And finally, so far, I think that my experiences + my expectations and 'research' are enough reason for me to try and actually do the thing that seems better for me. I'd rather try it and fail than live a miserable life knowing that I never tried to live it in a different way, the way that I wanted to live it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast