Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    Auxilium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    深い碧の果てに
    Posts
    4,518
    Reputation
    445
    Thanks
    607
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    You compare old tech instead of modern tech, and you're trying to run a 2003 game on a 1999 computer
    Well, with my saturn post, I was just responding to the guy who decided to bring the past into the convo, so that's why I brought up the sega saturn in the first place.

    And computer age shouldn't matter too much, I could run Phantasy Star Online 2 (2012 release) and Modern Warfare 3 well on my computer from 2006, so idk.
    My computer is pretty subpar for today standards too.

  2. #32
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Void View Post


    Well, with my saturn post, I was just responding to the guy who decided to bring the past into the convo, so that's why I brought up the sega saturn in the first place.

    And computer age shouldn't matter too much, I could run Phantasy Star Online 2 (2012 release) and Modern Warfare 3 well on my computer from 2006, so idk.
    My computer is pretty subpar for today standards too.
    My only real gripe with your argument is the fact that you brought up something from a completely different time, and are acting like it is relevant to a discussion now. Your arguments for the Saturn are from a time where gaming on a PC was not yet big or really wanted. PC gaming was still poking around trying to find out where it belongs, and hardware tech was very very expensive then too. However, since then, hardware began advancing in leaps and bounds, flying past the graphical and physical capabilities of a console at an extremely fast speed. PCs were looked at then as work stations designed for doing work, and only a specifically designed box for gaming would be needed to play games. Once the tech started moving giving the PC true gameplay potential, consoles got left in the dust.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  3. #33
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,461
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Void View Post
    Well, with my saturn post, I was just responding to the guy who decided to bring the past into the convo, so that's why I brought up the sega saturn in the first place.
    And computer age shouldn't matter too much, I could run Phantasy Star Online 2 (2012 release) and Modern Warfare 3 well on my computer from 2006, so idk.
    My computer is pretty subpar for today standards too.
    Computer specs back then was extremely low, and MW3 has the same engine from MW2, so the graphics is just a bit better
    Now sure about Phantasy, since I've never heard of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  4. #34
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Computer specs back then was extremely low, and MW3 has the same engine from MW2, so the graphics is just a bit better
    Now sure about Phantasy, since I've never heard of it
    MW3 used a similar engine from MW2. Small discrepancy, but people seem to be still set on the whole CoD uses 20 year old engine olol. Irrelevant I know, but the engines have been upgraded as much as they need to from year to year.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  5. #35
    ZeroTroubles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Whereever I feel like.
    Posts
    3,052
    Reputation
    145
    Thanks
    505
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Void View Post


    What kind of answer is that? Is it because you're trying to avoid saying a reason yourself? I read every post on this thread, so perhaps I need a little help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTroubles View Post


    Ofcourse. And I did say that I was just making an example, I could have been talking about anything. But RAM is easier to explain since its just numbers instead of dual/quad core @ 2.3 Mhz etc.
    RAM doesn't really matter in this case, but it was just an example (no way you gonna use 16 gigs of ram just for a game atm!)

    Yes ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Are Consoles holding back Game Development?
    By ZeroTroubles in forum General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM
  2. Direct-X Tutorials (Game Development)
    By Dave84311 in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
  3. Who won the video contest...
    By austin1117 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 06:42 PM
  4. Soh im gonna make a game in the JAVA
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 10:38 AM
  5. *posts in the video section*
    By ace76543 in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 11:06 PM