Thread: Cloverfield?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    I agree with Iverson, and no it is not because he has been on this site for an extended period of time, it is because we have the same train of thought. Pointless questions should be researched, a Google search would have brought up the answer. General is for "General Discussion", not "let me ask a question so someone else can do the work to search for me" section. Iverson is highly intelligent, I would know from our short discussions. He doesn't act superior simply to act superior, the fact of the matter remains he does it to keep people from posting such pointless threads. Believe it or not Genereal used to contain much more interesting and discussion worthy topics in the past. These new topics are all complete and utter attention-based shit pockets.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Killian (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Everything changes overtime.. The old players are always going to think there time here back in the day was better.. and the new players are going to think the opposite.. So what? Forums especially General is about anything.. so post away.. and people get mad and upset.. The reason why dumb threads stay alive is because people bump them.. if you simply didn't post in them they would die..

Leaving the "Interesting" Topics on top and the shity spam attention whore seeking threads at the bottom..

know what i mean?

and its not the fact that i don't liek Iverson in General. its i don't like his attitude and how he treats people sometimes.. his attitude and ego get the best of him.. i know hes Inteligent just by reading his post.. but how he words things sometimes it can be pretty offensive if taken that way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko™ View Post

You're well liked by people you will never meet EVER! What ever makes you feel good at night (:
    Its indicative of my social skills which translate into the real world. You on the other hand don't do so well in this aspect. It wouldn't be unreasonable to surmise that you don't have very many people who like you on and off the internet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post

Its indicative of my social skills which translate into the real world. You on the other hand don't do so well in this aspect. It wouldn't be unreasonable to surmise that you don't have very many people who like you on and off the internet.
    Likability upon internet forums does NOT translate directly into reality. Your assumption as such shows true of your own arrogance in the aspect of your reasoning of your own opinions. It neither translates nor doesn't directly and absolutely. It is all based upon situation, and the person at hand. No one person can gauge the social situation upon someone who they know only from contact within an internet forum. Thinking they can, which you indeed seem to, is simply wrong, and frankly an ignorant statement.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    If you have to throw on a facade on the Internet it is only because you are attempting to change something about yourself that you can not achieve mentally in the social world. I am an asshole, and yes in the real world as well, however the way I present myself has built my own success in the real world as well. Changing yourself on the Internet is just pathetic, and proves someone insecurities as existent and as weakness.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Doc (03-01-2013),[MPGH]Killian (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    If you have to throw on a facade on the Internet it is only because you are attempting to change something about yourself that you can not achieve mentally in the social world. I am an asshole, and yes in the real world as well, however the way I present myself has built my own success in the real world as well. Changing yourself on the Internet is just pathetic, and proves someone insecurities as existent and as weakness.
    That is indeed true. Yet I don't see how your statement applies to the current situation of hostility we find ourselves in.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaal Nathrakh View Post

That is indeed true. Yet I don't see how your statement applies to the current situation of hostility we find ourselves in.
    Think about what I said in comparison to what Iverson said. His argument directed towards Seyeko's attitude towards him is in comparison to my statement. Then expanding on that, your post about judging people real world social status based on their presented attitude on the Internet is the basis for the section of my post on people attempting to hide their insecurities on their own social status.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    9/10
    I guess i'll watch it right now

Please be aware of imposters. I do not own a Skype account and I will NEVER contact you outside of MPGH.

My MPGH History

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    ITT: Ants trying to argue against a boot.

@iTzSeyeko™ @Anaal Nathrakh @Mrpivot

I think you guys are getting confused on what is spam and what is discussion, and in the process of trying defend your claims which are definitively incorrect and come off as looking like dumbasses. This thread posed the question on whether or not there is a sequel to Cloverfield. This kind of thread should be deleted on sight, or move to the spam section if there already posts on it (that way it is preserving user history whilst cleaning up General). General isn't a place for posing questions with definitive answers. Google a Cloverfield sequel and you find very obscure information if anything and nothing official. Guess what, THIS MEANS THERE IS NO CLOVERFIELD 2. That is a definitive answer, there is only one form of answer, and you cannot argue that answer. It is therefore not a discussion and is just lazy, messy, and useless filler. That is not what General was, is, or ever should be. That is why spamming is a bannable offence ON MOST, IF NOT ALL FORUMS. It is mindless noise that distracts from worthwhile content.

Spam does not drive forum community and activity. Discussion, opposing opinion, useful content, thoughtful content, specialty content, hierarchy, user groups, are all things that drive traffic and promote longevity. Spam just fills up a section with mindless fodder that does nothing for the community and will deter new members as it becomes more difficult to find worthwhile content. Now, General isn't even close to what drives MPGH's traffic but that isn't an excuse for negligence. General usually is where people stay after the novelty of "hacking and modding" games wears off, it drives the endgame community. I came during a time when it was active and almost every thread was worthy content. Discussions were promoted and GM's did their part on dealing with fodder. This is the kind of shit that makes General the next contender for Spamming Section 2.0 if it wasn't that already.

You also seam to be getting confused on what kind of authority @iverson954360 has. His authority doesn't come from the quantity of posts, or his obvious baiting which you are confusing for his ego, or from his user status, nor his age. It comes from his experience. He was here at the start and he knows the purpose of General. He was in charge, and he knows how shit should go down. He also knows that times change, topical discussion changes, but the principles stay the same. If a Google search will give you the answer you seek, then don't fill General with that shit. If you still don't know from a Google search, then post in the Spammer Corner, or GOD FORBID, the actual Movies section.

Now if you try to not think with a little man mentality you may actually see how Ravi is right, how this kind of shit would be dealt with. But you instead jump to conclusion, defend the OP blindly, and in the process you advocate for pushing General further down Shit Creek.

If you can come up with some sort of argument in favour of spam, then I'm all ears. But remember, ad hominem is not a replacement for reason.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Killian (03-01-2013)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123