Marry me Doc , pls ?

League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko™ View Post
    Negative space isnt good
    uneven/unfinished look..
    Whoever told you that needs to be shot. Every piece needs balance, positive space needs negative space. That's how we get focals, how we get composition. If everywhere is filled with shit then there is no place for the eyes to rest on. Complete positive space is just bad aesthetic design. It's why my older shit looks crammed. It's one of the reasons why all your shit looks the same despite you trying nice things. For some reason you got the idea that the entire canvas needs some sort of effect or filter to give us something to look at.

Pitch black space is bad, negative space is good. Rule of thumb is 2 thirds positive 1 third negative

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Smaug (03-17-2013),Tide (03-17-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I gotta say I like seyeko's better
    Rep. Power: 111

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Whoever told you that needs to be shot. Every piece needs balance, positive space needs negative space. That's how we get focals, how we get composition. If everywhere is filled with shit then there is no place for the eyes to rest on. Complete positive space is just bad aesthetic design. It's why my older shit looks crammed. It's one of the reasons why all your shit looks the same despite you trying nice things. For some reason you got the idea that the entire canvas needs some sort of effect or filter to give us something to look at.

Pitch black space is bad, negative space is good. Rule of thumb is 2 thirds positive 1 third negative
    What i meant is to much negative space is bad.. it looks really empty, doesn't need alot of effects to look good, i never once said that.. but you are working with larger canvas's so you need need to fill some of that negative space up with something.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Looks nice, the only thing is that the background seems a little bland, maybe you could have done more with it. Still excellent work though. :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

What i meant is to much negative space is bad.. it looks really empty, doesn't need alot of effects to look good, i never once said that.. but you are working with larger canvas's so you need need to fill some of that negative space up with something.
    I agree that it needs a bit more. I dont agree with the sentiment that negative space is bad nor the idea that larger canvas needs more than a smaller canvas, it's all proportional.

With that I'll probably work on it tonight and see what else I can change up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post
    I gotta say I like seyeko's better
    I lol'ed. Doc's rusty no doubt about that, but Seyeko's is just hard to look at.
    Shitty render with minimal correction, and the smudging looks beyond novice. especially how oversharpened it is.
    But hey, this is why Seyeko wants the voting in general. Because he would lose in the gfx section where people actually know their stuff.
    (or at least some do.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazzy34 View Post
    horrible dok, itzseyeko is like x5 better than u
    I want to throw grammar in your face...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrar View Post
    I want to throw grammar in your face...

y u want to trew grammer in me face?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazzy34 View Post
    y u want to trew grammer in me face?
    no clue frikin liek wut?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

I lol'ed. Doc's rusty no doubt about that, but Seyeko's is just hard to look at.
    Shitty render with minimal correction, and the smudging looks beyond novice. especially how oversharpened it is.
    But hey, this is why Seyeko wants the voting in general. Because he would lose in the gfx section where people actually know their stuff.
    (or at least some do.)
    its funny how butt hurt you get everytime someone likes my work
    get the fuck over it.. acting like a damn child.. oh my god someone said something good about seyeko's work lets go flame them all to hell because there opinion isnt like my opinion

just shut the fuck up Eth you're pathetic.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I agree that it needs a bit more. I dont agree with the sentiment that negative space is bad nor the idea that larger canvas needs more than a smaller canvas, it's all proportional.

With that I'll probably work on it tonight and see what else I can change up.
    My technical knowledge is rusty (havnt done serious art in years, quite taking it seriously in 8th grade) but I do agree it looks kinda empty. Negative space is good, but too much keeps it looking almost bland. I agree with what your saying, but something subtle to keep the eyes moving over it, like a slight gradient or something. Maybe making that purple backround slightly bigger? iunno, its your thing and it looks good. The mentality that everything needs to be filled is kinda silly though, which is why I still prefer this over sekyo's 'fill every bit of space with something flashy' mentality.

My 2 cents, probably not worth much given how long its been since I've touched PS outside of texture modding for CoD.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    i don't fill all my tags with effects, i keep to the flow most the time.. so i don't get when people sayi fill my tags with effects where you can't see the focal and all this nonsense, just jumping on the ban wagon of what other people are saying..

Thanks
    i don't fill all my tags with effects, i keep to the flow most the time.. so i don't get when people sayi fill my tags with effects where you can't see the focal and all this nonsense, just jumping on the ban wagon of what other people are saying..
    Bandwagon? No. I took my fair share of art classes (4 years, was going for graphics design til I decided computers are more viable and sustaining) and know a good deal about it. It has been a while since I've done anything serious, but I do know that when you try to clutter things up with as much effects as possible, it looks tacky. Simplicity is key. Doc is keeping his simple so far, just has a bit of empty space. Ignoring how grainy and jagged yours is (because I am assuming it will be fixed) there is a lack of simplicity and flow. Its almost clogged up with effects, so there is no real way to appreciate the focal point of it. Which I am assuming is supposed to be the render in question. The more you add that draws away from the focal point, regardless of how well done, the more you are depreciating your own piece.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

its funny how butt hurt you get everytime someone likes my work
    get the fuck over it.. acting like a damn child.. oh my god someone said something good about seyeko's work lets go flame them all to hell because there opinion isnt like my opinion

just shut the fuck up Eth you're pathetic.
    I like how you say I'm butthurt but all you're doing is crying in this post.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast