Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by The Force View Post
    Stop asking Leh to do all your answering. If you don't know, don't post. Or at least try to contribute in a meaningful way.

Personally if you can, I'd try to go for a university. Still ends up being the better one. Sure there are debates like uni kids can't find jobs etc etc etc, but if you manage to stand out in your field then you can get a job easily. That being said, there are a lot of jobs relating to computer programming. Also if you're interested in comp sci-ing, then you can also look into becoming an electrical engineer. Pays very well, but quite challenging. Also a job that supposedly can be found very easily.

For your job, you should get a job pertaining to your field of interest. Aka, anything that has to do with computers. The more specific the better. Not sure what grade you're in, cbf to read everything, but if you're in grade 11 who's some what nervous going into grade 12, then get a job this summer pertaining to computer science. When uni rolls around, make sure to write that on your resume talking about your experiences and shit. Also, your boss, if you do good, will give you a reference letter.
    I'm in 9th grade, currently trying to get a simple easy job for volunteer hours. Need 50 outside of school and 50 inside of school.
    Rep. Power: 111

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post

I'm in 9th grade, currently trying to get a simple easy job for volunteer hours. Need 50 outside of school and 50 inside of school.
    Well first off it's not a job if you're doing it for volunteer hours. Don't get paid for that shit nigga.

Finish your volunteer hours with something that pertains to your job. If you can't, don't worry about it. If you can, that's good. It's always an open opportunity for reference letters. Also if you have time, make sure you do more. Shows that you're willing to contribute to your community and it reflects on your resume. Once you start hitting around grade 11 and 12, you should, or shouldn't, consider taking coop which allows you to be more familiar with your field of interest.

yadadyadaydadasyadasysa you're so asian. Why are you even considering college?
    Love you all

~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KingDot For This Useful Post:

Bernard. (03-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Well first off it's not a job if you're doing it for volunteer hours. Don't get paid for that shit nigga.

Finish your volunteer hours with something that pertains to your job. If you can't, don't worry about it. If you can, that's good. It's always an open opportunity for reference letters. Also if you have time, make sure you do more. Shows that you're willing to contribute to your community and it reflects on your resume. Once you start hitting around grade 11 and 12, you should, or shouldn't, consider taking coop which allows you to be more familiar with your field of interest.

Asians need constant schooling where they can obtain A's.
    What's an Asian without A's? Sin.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Bernard. (03-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

It's highschool, gotta start thinking about your future don't you think? Also, never heard of a coop. As for volunteering, guess it's gonna cut into my MPGH time later on in high school.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

Not constant schooling if it's college. More like constant reflection of how they're too shitty to get into uni yolo

Just kidding, everyone has their own opinions. Who cares.

It's highschool, gotta start thinking about your future don't you think? Also, never heard of a coop. As for volunteering, guess it's gonna cut into my MPGH time later on in high school.
    >Asian
    >Never heard of coop
    .gg

Who gives a fuck about MPGH in the future? No one. Except probs Dabid. You're going to eventually move on like the older members with their lives.
    Love you all

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Flame bait and instigate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KingDot For This Useful Post:

Bernard. (03-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Go volunteer at a local non-profit group. I needed 25 hours of community service for bringing pot to school. I volunteered a a local Thrift Shop that gave all its profit to charity. I actually enjoyed working there so much, I dropped over 60 hours into it. Volunteering is actually pretty fun, and it's nice to know that you are helping those less fortunate.
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Bernard. (03-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

That's the thing, I don't want to give up my social life to get all A's. Don't they look at your social life as well? Reflects what kind of person you are.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Go volunteer at a local non-profit group. I needed 25 hours of community service for bringing pot to school. I volunteered a a local Thrift Shop that gave all its profit to charity. I actually enjoyed working there so much, I dropped over 60 hours into it. Volunteering is actually pretty fun, and it's nice to know that you are helping those less fortunate.
    Volunteering at the Y. Think it's non-profit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Shit I have to get working this summer. So for those who actually have a job, what would you recommend for me to do in order to get a job (nothing gay...seriously...), forgot who, but someone here told me to constantly bother them about it until they hire you. I also have to start thinking about college, and I'm a computer science kinda nerd and the best college near me is MIT (doubt I will get in, 8% acceptance rate), and after that Worchester (don't even know where that is), and they are both mostly guys. (I don't like sausage fests) So I'm wondering, how do colleges and majors work? Do colleges have like certain courses, or do they have like anything you want to learn? Like would I be able to go to Harvard and take Computer Science? Halp me out here. On top of that, how can I make myself seem like an awesome person that all colleges want?

I mean like my cousin got rejected from most of the major ones around here, and she gets straight A's, where as I only get A's and B's and probably have like a B - B+ GPA. Only thing I can think of that's so great about me and not her is that I started doing MMA and I play paintball (so I'm a bit athletic), but my cousin did more educational stuff, like Recycling club, YouthCan, etc.
    What would look better, my cousin or me? (Honest opinions plz, don't care if you love me)

Edit: Also, @Dave84311 can you be an awesome reference? Just kidding, if only.
    Join Key Club if you have one at your school. It's the largest high school service organization in the world and they offer lots of scholarships. I'd say they are at a majority of high schools. Try to get leadership positions (President, VP, etc.). I was Vice President last year and now I'm President. I now have a few scholarships because of it. You're a freshman and there isn't a whole for you to do when it comes to college other than grades, clubs and community service hours. You can try taking community college courses but to be honest, education sucks so space will be limited for even college students...I'd recommend taking EdX courses. MIT is a VERY VERY hard school to get into. I believe harder than Harvard. Unless you have a 4.25+ Overall GPA, at top of your class, nearly perfect SATs (nearly impossible) and you are extremely involved in your community then you're not going to get in. If you're a minority (Black or Mexican...Being Asian doesn't count) then expectations are definitely lowered. Take as many AP/Honors/IB courses as possible. Get good SAT scores. Stay out of trouble. Jobs definitely look good but it's pretty much is as equal as playing a school sport or being in 2 or 3 clubs. I'd befriend teachers/counselors which would take care of your recommendations.

I got like a 2050 on the SAT (I still panning on retaking it), 6 clubs, 4.12GPA overall, top 40 in my class , black, poor, sob stories but I'm pretty sure I would get rejected from MIT. I still on applying anyway

Also, saying As and Bs isn't a really good scale to go by. Being that we don't know if the classes you are taking are weighted...Which would accumulate to your GPA..
    Last edited by chickeninabiskit; 03-25-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Formally known as chickeninabiskit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    you, and @666HiddenMaster666 both use it but I never saw you on this forum 6 months ago

I usually use experience, knowledge, and complete and unequivocal logic when backing up my stance or opinion upon a subject.
    Last edited by DarkLordXYZ; 03-25-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    My skype: PM me for my skype.
    Make sure to check with me first on the website before adding me on skype

Make sure to use an OMM for all your trades for a safer trade
    Need an OMM? Just want to talk? VM/PM

~vertice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

I look like an emo bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by x00u View Post
    Your moms so fat her ESP Box is in another dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Lol, man, I see why i cant get staff, cause people still hate me for no reason like you, Always rude to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeninabiskit View Post
    Join Key Club if you have one at your school. It's the largest high school service organization in the world and they offer lots of scholarships. I'd say they are at a majority of high schools. Try to get leadership positions (President, VP, etc.). I was Vice President last year and now I'm President. I now have a few scholarships because of it. You're a freshman and there isn't a whole for you to do when it comes to college other than grades, clubs and community service hours. You can try taking community college courses but to be honest, education sucks so space will be limited for even college students...I'd recommend taking EdX courses. MIT is a VERY VERY hard school to get into. I believe harder than Harvard. Unless you have a 4.25+ Overall GPA, at top of your class, nearly perfect SATs (nearly impossible) and you are extremely involved in your community then you're not going to get in. If you're a minority (Black or Mexican...Being Asian doesn't count) then expectations are definitely lowered. Take as many AP/Honors/IB courses as possible. Get good SAT scores. Stay out of trouble. Jobs definitely look good but it's pretty much is as equal as playing a school sport or being in 2 or 3 clubs.

I got like 2050 on the SAT (I still panning on retaking it), 6 clubs, 4.12GPA overall, top 40 in my class , black, poor, sob stories but I'm pretty sure I would get rejected from MIT. I still on applying anyway
    I live in Boston, going to MIT would be so easy for me (transportation-wise).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordXYZ View Post
    you, and @666hiddenmasters666 both use it but I never saw you on this forum 6 months ago
    I was in jail 6 months ago.
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordXYZ View Post
    you, and @666hiddenmasters666 both use it but I never saw you on this forum 6 months ago
    What about me huh nigga. Or Doc. Or Ethereal. Or Iverson. Or any older member on this website.
    Love you all

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Flame bait and instigate

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

What about me huh nigga. Or Doc. Or Ethereal. Or Iverson. Or any older member on this website.
    ​You forgot Empire.
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick

I live in Boston, going to MIT would be so easy for me (transportation-wise).
    I understand that, but the fact that you live so close isn't going to get you in. Really, it's going to come down to your SAT/ACT scores, overall GPA in relation to your class (Class Rank) and involvement in your community/school.

To be honest, your Freshman year is the least important. Colleges mostly look at your Junior and partially your Sophomore year.
    Last edited by chickeninabiskit; 03-25-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    Formally known as chickeninabiskit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeninabiskit View Post
    I understand that, but the fact that you live so close isn't going to get you in. Really, it's going to come down to your SAT/ACT scores, overall GPA in relation to your class (Class Rank) and involvement in your community/school.

To be honest, your Freshman year is the least important. Colleges mostly look at your Junior and partially your Sophomore year.
    Yeah I understand that. Just saying it would be easy to get to (physically, as in by bus/train), and I can still visit my family.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast