Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind.
    Premium Member
    Heterodon.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,509
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    173
    really? this cost 100$ wtf? sucks...









    MPGH Member Since August 05th, 2012
    MPGH Donator Since March 18th, 2013








  2. #17
    Tall kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Living in Kiwi land
    Posts
    4,536
    Reputation
    325
    Thanks
    573
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Wasn't the concept of this thing made up by some 40+ year old woman...?
    Oh hai der.

  3. #18

  4. #19
    Shayde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    watford
    Posts
    3,227
    Reputation
    528
    Thanks
    716
    Fuck that shit, never gonna buy xD

  5. #20
    Tacticious✓'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,655
    Reputation
    67
    Thanks
    3,619
    My Mood
    Cynical
    and this is why I didn't support it on kickstarter
    previous name : simozh
    If you need help - PM me

  6. #21
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have no sympathy for anyone who invested in that shit. If I wanted an android console id plug my phone into an ac and game with that. Indie developers have a platform to release there shit, its called a pc. There was literally no market for this thing that wasnt already catered for. But people threw money at it because android and because indie.

    ---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------



    Many phones these days have miniHDMI or dlna, so you can already game on a tv with many phones. Making ouya is like throwing poo at a market behind a brick wall.
    I only put money into it to be used as a linuxbox. I'm going to completely remove the firmware (which they give you the tools to do so), and put my custom OS on it. The reason I'm doing it is because the standard Linux box is shit for 50 bucks, anything higher end with the same power as the Ouya is over 200 bucks, so I'm just going to hack it.

    The design of the console is crap, though it isn't being designed to compete with MS or Sony, so I don't know why people are thinking that. I think it will last only if they put out something else with it, something revolutionary, but I have my doubts. Right now, it's a good buy if you want a high end Linux box and don't want to pay the ridiculous prices some of them have.

  7. #22

  8. #23
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    It would be cool if you could daisy chain together like 4 of them to milk out some threaded processing.

  9. #24
    bowlcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ثلاثة أقدام إلى
    Posts
    6,255
    Reputation
    1644
    Thanks
    2,082
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    I only put money into it to be used as a linuxbox. I'm going to completely remove the firmware (which they give you the tools to do so), and put my custom OS on it. The reason I'm doing it is because the standard Linux box is shit for 50 bucks, anything higher end with the same power as the Ouya is over 200 bucks, so I'm just going to hack it.

    The design of the console is crap, though it isn't being designed to compete with MS or Sony, so I don't know why people are thinking that. I think it will last only if they put out something else with it, something revolutionary, but I have my doubts. Right now, it's a good buy if you want a high end Linux box and don't want to pay the ridiculous prices some of them have.
    I know people are comparing it to the PS3 and XBOX360 'n shit, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a shitty console that has little to no purpose (and the same amount of games).

  10. #25
    Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Color's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,881
    Reputation
    2317
    Thanks
    7,744
    My Mood
    Lurking
    10/10 would buy.

  11. #26
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    I know people are comparing it to the PS3 and XBOX360 'n shit, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a shitty console that has little to no purpose (and the same amount of games).
    If you stop looking at it like it's advertised and look at the other possibilities with it, it's great. I can use it from anything as a smart TV box to a microcontroller for a much lower cost than others in the same tier. Yes, as a console it's shit, but as anything else it's fine. They even allow you to do whatever you want to the box, hacking, replacing firmware, etc. As a standalone console for people that aren't going to be doing anything but playing games, it's worthless.


    ---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    It would be cool if you could daisy chain together like 4 of them to milk out some threaded processing.
    You probably can. When I get mine I'll open it up and see what we can do with it, it may take a perfboard and some soldering but it's possible.

  12. #27
    k0mrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    worcester, ma
    Posts
    1,343
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    151
    My Mood
    Hot
    pc master race
    looks good for hacking tho...
    Last edited by k0mrade; 04-05-2013 at 11:50 AM.

  13. #28
    subzerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Hey you say it only has 1gb RAM and it is A LOT PS3 has like 500mb of RAM so don't think it has a pice of shit of RAM

  14. #29
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,632
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,447
    My Mood
    Twisted
    ​God damn it. I was looking forward to this shit too.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  15. #30
    bowlcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ثلاثة أقدام إلى
    Posts
    6,255
    Reputation
    1644
    Thanks
    2,082
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    If you stop looking at it like it's advertised and look at the other possibilities with it, it's great. I can use it from anything as a smart TV box to a microcontroller for a much lower cost than others in the same tier. Yes, as a console it's shit, but as anything else it's fine. They even allow you to do whatever you want to the box, hacking, replacing firmware, etc. As a standalone console for people that aren't going to be doing anything but playing games, it's worthless.


    ---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------



    You probably can. When I get mine I'll open it up and see what we can do with it, it may take a perfboard and some soldering but it's possible.
    The only problem is that the original intention of the Ouya was to play games on it. I understand it's better as a linux machine, but it can't even to what it was made to do well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What the fuck is this piece of shit
    By Shadeyz346 in forum Alliance of Valiant Arms (AVA) Discussions
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
  2. FUUUUUUUCK WAR ROCK IS THE SHITTIEST PIECE OF SHIT EVER MADE
    By g0t5k111z2 in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 11:21 AM
  3. Everyone shut the fuck up with your religious shit.
    By EndRiT in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 04:37 PM
  5. Thimo is a piece of shit
    By arunforce in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 06:50 PM